Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is safest wallet for altcoin  (Read 1678 times)
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1inside1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:11:33 PM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?
I use coinbase,  as it's very secure and can hold some altcoins.  I recommend it.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:13:42 PM

I would recommend you to download electrum at:
https://electrum.org/#home

It is an open source wallet with cool features, such up setting the transaction fee based on the current network status, or choosing what node you would like to be connected to.

If you are talking about mobile wallet, I would recommend mycelium, who is also open source and has the exact same features.
Remember, as long as you control the private keys, the bitcoins are yours.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:15:55 PM

If you are looking for a safe wallet for BTC, I wouldn't recommend an online wallet as it can be easily compromised if you don't know how to take care of it. I would advice you to buy some hardware wallet. I use it on a daily basis in trading altcoins too and the process of using it is smooth. This also has more security features compared to an online wallet and you hold your private key here. I cited this opinion of mine as I based my comment on the title that you provided above.  Wink
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:31:43 PM

Coinomi Wallet apps are the best. You can hold here a lot of Altcoins. I tried it and really did not have a problem. And one of the best in it is that you hold your private key, So no one can enter your wallet anybody else as long as they do not know your privatekey. So you should be careful of it and not tell anyone to make it worse. This is only possible on Android phones you can also download it on a pc using bluestack
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:41:06 PM

I suggest to buy a hardware wallet too, you can easily get one below $100. It is safe as does not reveal your private key to browser when connecting to computer. When you are not using, it stay offline.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:42:16 PM

maybe in online wallets can happen for theft and you have to be careful and secure your bitcoin assets and try to use 2FA security or switch to the offline wallet, hopefully fine.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:50:21 PM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

Let me start with saying don't use a web wallet. And with web wallets I mean blockchain.info, coinbase and any similar services. They can be stolen much easier PLUS if that website goes down , your coins go with them.

You have a few much better options. You can download and use electrum which is a light version safe wallet. You can use there as much addresses as you want and you have access to each and every private key of it. This is my number one choice.

The second choice is getting a hardware wallet such as trezor or ledger. They are useful but are a bit expensive in my opinion but if you're trading a lot it's not bad at all.

And of course the safest but isn't an option for many as it takes a lot of data and space is Bitcoin Core. It's the only way through which you broadcast transactions on your own not using any other nodes.

pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:03:28 PM

maybe you can buy hardware wallet, like usb wallet. if you have alot of btc, dont safe your btc in exchange wallet, its very risk.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:09:02 PM

Dear members

If you are sure that your computer is secure, use Electrum and keep regular, encrypted backups of your private keys. Online wallets, like Blockchain.info, are super convenient but you won't have your private keys in your possession in the event that they get shut down.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:09:18 PM

i think if you finding a safest bitcoin wallet you can buy trezor thats all i know trazor is very safest bitcoin wallet than the wallet on internet
by the way trezor is a hardware wallet
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:10:43 PM

I think it's coinbase or the safest is the hardware wallets. Bitcoin investors today are using hardware wallets as key device rather than digital wallet that is vulnerable to hackers.

probitcrypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

There are few online and offline wallets that are the most safe among all.
1.blockchain info that is online.
2.exodus this is dextop but their support is top .
3.electrum another user friendly yet very technical wallet to use.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:13:03 PM

trezor or nano s is safer
Daluxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:16:17 PM

I would not use any online wallets, beside an exchange if you want to trade. But always keep in mind not to hold too much on exchanges, they could shut down. I can recommend an hardware wallet like ledger or trezor, they are also safe from keylogger etc.
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:19:26 PM

I have got ideas thanks

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

Well everything depends  on the amount of your btc.
First of all I won't recommend you using the online wallet. Just get Electrum (or its mobile app) and keep it safe. Second is that the safety of your wallet mostly depends on how and where you use it.
If you are 100% sure that you need to keep your BTC online and you have a small amount of coins that you will have to exchange asap at one moment then you may take a risk, screw all the safety rules and hold it on your exchange. Sometimes it take e long time to deposit your funds and you may lose some good chance.

btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:55:35 PM

Exodus is very user friendly, safe wallet. It is a multicurrency wallet. So if if you wish to exchange to other alt coins you can do so within exodus. Good luck.. Cheesy
Bacchu

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Dear members

For online wallet blockchain wallet https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/signup is best one.But you also asked about altcoin. so you can use coinbase wallet. it can give you store litecoin and ethereum coin.
jack05

Activity: 469
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

Blockchain wallet is the best for all. This wallet get the smallest commissions for transactions. I reccomend you this wallet for your bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: