Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Narrative Doing NEOLive Chat on NEO Telegram Sept 19  (Read 4286 times)
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

Narrative is the new Content Economy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:17:28 PM

Huffington Post coverage of Narrative this morning:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reinventing-the-social-network_us_5a0db07ee4b006a16baf1f98.

Focuses on how the social network is being reinvented!

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nicolas9

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:20:18 PM

Narrative will also be a huge draw for community managers, as its Moderator system provides tangible rewards for moderators, and moderation is required for all niches.
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:10:28 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:28:34 AM by mprep

Narrative will also be a huge draw for community managers, as its Moderator system provides tangible rewards for moderators, and moderation is required for all niches.

I'm so glad you picked up on that Nicolas! We feel really strongly that mods deserve to be rewarded!

We created a handy-dandy step by step guide for those who want to participate in our token sale:

https://blog.narrative.network/how-to-contribute-to-the-narrative-token-sale-d8f6428f45b8

We anticipate the Early Bird to open around Noon Eastern Time today.

Any hiccups with your process? We'll be live in our Telegram room all day to help out: https://t.me/narrativenetwork

UPDATED COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM...

You can now earn free NRV tokens without the requirement to be a token sale contributor.

We really want to honor the passion and support of those who love our concept but perhaps don't have enough ETH to contribute financially. We love our community members!

Here's how to qualify:

• You must be registered on our official community site. Register here: https://community.narrative.network
  • You must join the Narrative Telegram Group. Be sure to include your Telegram username/handle on your Community Profile.
  • You must have a balance of at least 20 activity points on your Community profile by the end of the Community Rewards period. You'll earn points automatically just be participating in the community (posting content, commenting, etc.)

Approximately one month after the end of the Token Sale, the Community Rewards program will end and all activity points earned in the Narrative Community will be recorded for each qualified person (based on the criteria listed above). Activity points are earned based on contributions to the community; while the formula is not published, activities like posting new content, commenting, and participating in general will earn points, which will be visible on your community profile.

The Narrative Community managers may also apply points to users at any time (or, for troublemakers, remove points).

You can also earn additional points in the following ways:

• Contribute to our Token Sale. Make sure your registered community email address matches your Token Sale email address. If you contribute 10 ETH or less, you will receive a 15% bonus on your activity point total. If you contribute over 10 ETH, you will receive a 30% bonus.
  • Be really active participant in our Telegram Group. The Top 5 participants will be given 200 bonus points. The top 5 will be selected by a community vote, selected from a pool of 10 nominees selected by Narrative.

Once the token sale ends, we will award NRV tokens to all qualified users, on a pro rata basis. 200,000 NRV tokens will be disbursed on a pro rata basis to all qualified users. Note that only 50% of the 200,000 tokens will be awarded immediately, with the remainder granted when the platform actually launches. The more activity points you earn, the more tokens you will be awarded.

We've made some tweaks to our token sale process, detailed in this blog post: https://blog.narrative.network/token-sale-launch-now-set-for-january-16th-ff797082a18.

Key changes:

• Token sale shifted to Jan 16 - Feb 15, 2018 (pre-sale events to be announced)
  • Unsold tokens will now be burned, rather than going to the Narrative distribution pool

tommywilkos

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:54:31 PM

Hey guys, the website is beautiful to look at and it's definitely something i'd like to get behind. Do you have a bounty campaign available?

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 04:35:13 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:29:09 AM by mprep

Thanks Tommy!

While we're not running a traditional bounty program, we are looking to reward folks who help us get the word out. Here's a description of our community rewards program, with 200,000 tokens up for grabs: https://community.narrative.network/pages/community-rewards.

Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley

Inc. Mag writer: Narrative will disrupt social media sector-

https://www.inc.com/yoav-vilner/5-of-sectors-blockchain-is-currently-disrupting.html

I'm going to be presenting Narrative at the Geektime Blockchain Summit in Tel Aviv at the end of this week.
If you're in the region, be sure to attend and say hello.

https://www.geektime.co.il/geektime-blockchain-summit-agenda/

We've just announced that we're looking for some great translators, and offering rewards: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2611616.new#new.

Also note that our token sale dates have changed:
We are in private pre-sale now through Feb 5, 2018.
Public pre-sale is Feb 7-14, 2018.
Token sale is Feb 15 through March 22, 2018.

Thanks for the heads up John, but there's a lot of incorrect information on there...I've submitted updates and hopefully the page will reflect soon.

auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:20:29 PM

very good project, soon I will join ICO this project, I have been waiting ICO this project very long, since this announcement exists. I see the progress of this project is no longer good, but incredible. I really hope on your project
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 12:29:12 PM

very good project, soon I will join ICO this project, I have been waiting ICO this project very long, since this announcement exists. I see the progress of this project is no longer good, but incredible. I really hope on your project

Thanks Auroboros! If you have any questions, feel free to post here or come visit our Telegram room: https://t.me/narrativenetwork

Rob_in_da_Hood

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

How this project differs from Sphere?
MichaelNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 04:27:06 PM

A good question and, of course, there are others looking at the space like Steemit.

It would be worth pulling both whitepapers and comparing.  Ours is at https://assets.narrative.network/documents/narrative-network.pdf

First: what is the same. We share the same value proposition:  It's time to be the value chain of social media back in the hands of those who do the work.  This means the value of our personal data, our activities, our posts and our hard work to make the community a worthwhile place.  I think the Narrative team has pushed deeper into how an actual economy works for online community and I think Sphere and Narrative have a distinctly different view of what "social media" is and what's valuable about it. I think we add to the space a vision of how social media can change for the better. If you want to chase down the nuances here look carefully at Founder Ted's Medium article on reputation https://blog.narrative.network/.  It's one of several that spell out a vision for the new content economy.

So the short answer to your Sphere question is some deeply held difference in how social medium works.  We intend to change the script not simply redirect the paycheck!

Another key differentiator is easy to miss.  The foundation of Narrative is a corporation who have been making community platforms for 20 years.  If you check around for Social Strata, you'll see some familiar faces.  We have already on the shelf a mature social platform (several in fact) that demonstrate mastery in the space.  Building for millions is something we already do.   

Infrastructure counts.  Add to that the same years of community management for operations in size from mom&pop to multinationals -- and it means you can trust Narrative to pull it off.

Others from the Narrative team will chime in here and I will add more of my thoughts later.

Thanks for the question.
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:12:13 PM

I'd echo what Michael said, but add that we've laid out a very detailed vision of how NRV tokens will circulate within our economy, as well as how we will use reputation and moderation to foster quality content. Even though Sphere has a beta version in the app store, there is no detail about how the rewards work or how users will get their money (and based on what criteria).

Another key difference is that Sphere appears to be pure blockchain (i.e., everything is on the blockchain), whereas we are prioritizing user experience and using blockchain for transactions, but off-chain for content (for now).

It's a bit strange that Sphere's team bios have no links or information, other than a name and title. I'm sure that could be an oversight, but still weird.

Diggity94

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

Blam... I was actually in Israel when that Geektime conference was happening.  Wish I had known about this then. 

Right, so, WP looks nice and detailed.  Can you splain more about Founders for us?  I like idea of locking some of those niches early.  And how many niches can I get as a founder?HuhHuh

Righto, keep up the work, team.  Rootin' for yas.  Smiley

Cheers!
Billionic

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

Interesting project, design is really good, i like it very much!
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:46:00 PM

Hi Diggity! Too bad we didn't get to meet in person in Tel Aviv!

In Narrative, a Founder is anyone who contributes 10 or more ETH. Founders will receive substantial perks, including:

First Dibs on Niches
When the network launches, we will give all Founders a 48-hour head start on reserving new niches (there will be a limit on number of niches you can create during this period, however). They can reserve the most lucrative niche subjects before the general public comes in. Since Niche Owners can earn recurring revenue from the niches they operate, this is a potentially substantial benefit. Don't know what a niche is? Read the White Paper!

Access to Team During Development Phase
Founders will have exclusive access to the Narrative team immediately after the Token Sale ends until the network launches. Get an inside look at the progress we make.

Lifetime Activity Points Bonus
For the life of their network account, Founders will receive a 10% bonus for all activity points they earn each reward period. That means a higher share of Activity Rewards payouts.

To qualify as Founder, contribute at least 10 ETH in total during the Narrative Token Sale. Then, when the network launches, register your account using the same email address you used for the Token Sale so we can automatically grant you Founder's rights.

Regarding Niche ownership, there is only one owner per Niche, and when a new Niche is authorized, anyone with positive reputation can request to be the Niche owner. If more than one person bids on the new Niche, then a formula is used to award the Niche owner, with the bidders' Reputation Rank being the most important factor. In addition, the number of Niches already owned by a Narrator will incrementally reduce his chances, in order to discourage hoarding of Niches by users. So there's no set max number of Niches a single owner can have, but the process is built to encourage new Niche owners to jump in.

MichaelNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:48:50 PM

Blam... I was actually in Israel when that Geektime conference was happening.  Wish I had known about this then. 

Right, so, WP looks nice and detailed.  Can you splain more about Founders for us?  I like idea of locking some of those niches early.  And how many niches can I get as a founder?HuhHuh

Righto, keep up the work, team.  Rootin' for yas.  Smiley

Cheers!

I think you're right.  The Founder perk IS a big deal.  There's a longer article about it at https://blog.narrative.network/founder-status-9a4d7ea4d539.

Number 1 and 2  are a strong incentive to maximize your earning opportunities within Narrative.  We think that the ability to "own"  and expand certain subject areas (Niches) will be valuable.  In time, with a large community,  these spaces will command a premium.  Having first dibs on establishing one could be big.  Add to it the 10% activity bonus, and you could see some real revenue flow.  There will be limits to how many niches you can claim  (based on reputation & capacity as well as simple numbers) but we anticipate that 'first dibs' alone will make the purchase worthwhile.  

Number 3 may be what drives a number of people toward Founder status.  Getting to rub shoulders with the dev team and other Founders could be a great perk if you have ever dreamed of building something game-changing.  Haven't we all?  I do know that the Narrative team (I'm one) has a  track record of listening very carefully to the community and especially to people who establish themselves as trusted supporters.  I've been around nearly 20 of those years and can name dozens of innovations that started out with someone saying, "It could be even better if ....    
MarkFourFive

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:53:51 PM

Call me weird, but I kind of respect the fact that you guys are not spamming people with stupid bounties.  I saw your blog post here:

https://blog.narrative.network/blockchain-bingo-442f34359109

I can get behind that.  I'm looking for something that is not full of bogus hype, you know.  And the team here looks like they have been around the block.  20 years of experience?  Maybe too old, dude. Smiley

I can't afford the private pre-sale, but I'll be in when the real show starts in Feb.

One little question... is there any KYC when registering for sale?
MichaelNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:07:42 PM

One little question... is there any KYC when registering for sale?

Just the normal stuff.  Email, country of residence (some are excluded)  and TOS.

https://tokensale.narrative.network/

No blood samples or genetic testing required Wink
PabloSpicaso

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:09:53 PM

Elected mods... that is a dope concept.  And firing they asses too.  

Keeping my peepholes on this one.  Actually made me not sorry I read the WP.

MichaelNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:22:55 PM

Actually made me not sorry I read the WP.

= made my day.  Highest of praise.   Grin

RE:  Elected mods... that is a dope concept.  And firing they asses too

There are a couple of really low-tech concepts behind Narrative.  Reputation & transparency.  The new tech is using blockchain to build them into a social media economy.
PabloSpicaso

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:23:40 PM

What's to stop a troll from making a thousand accounts and scamming for cash?
MichaelNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:30:23 PM

What's to stop a troll from making a thousand accounts and scamming for cash?

The short answer is no activity = no reputation = no cash.  Community members also will have ways to let trolls fade off the bottom of the feeds.  In fact, designing the "starve the trolls"  part of the new content economy is one of my favorite parts to think about.  Cool
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: