Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Narrative Doing NEOLive Chat on NEO Telegram Sept 19  (Read 4286 times)
PabloSpicaso

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:17:40 PM

Lots of actions will earn activity points in Narrative - creating content, voting (up-voting/down-voting content, voting for moderators, approving niches), commenting, tipping, etc.  And keep in mind that the rewards you earn will be influenced by your reputation. Thus, a low reputation user will not accumulate as many points/activity rewards as a higher reputation user.

Bottom line, though, the more that you contribute, be it posting content or providing feedback via votes, and other mechanisms, the more points you will earn and the larger share of the activity rewards pie you will receive.

Hoo boy.  Tasty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Annie9373

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:39:53 AM

someone i trust told me to check this out.

what exactly is a "content economy"?  website looks slick, but how is it an economy??  please don't tell me to read white paper. simple answer please.  Roll Eyes

i see lockergnome is an advisor... that alone is kinda awesome.

thanks!
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

Narrative is the new Content Economy

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:45:05 PM

Hi Annie, we're using the term "economy" because of the way our NRV tokens will lead to a self-sustaining machine.

This illustration shows how there will be revenue in, from ad sales, niche and brand channel purchases, and a recurring token mint over a long period of time. Our NRV tokens will also circulate within the system in the form of user-to-user tips. Revenue out will consist of payouts to everyone earning within the system (in either NRV tokens or fiat money). 85% of that revenue is going to users.

Our token sale will be the "big bang" that sets the content economy in motion, allowing us to staff up, invest in infrastructure for the platform, and do some marketing/branding to spread the word.

And we love the Lockergnome too! He's going to be a major influence as an advisor, as we develop the content creation tools.

Diggity94

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

That graphic is useful and explains things right well.

what's to stop a troll from creating lots of accounts to rack up some monies by posting fake content or just voting on rando things?   

Annie9373

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:52:16 PM

Hi Annie, we're using the term "economy" because of the way our NRV tokens will lead to a self-sustaining machine.

This illustration shows how there will be revenue in, from ad sales, niche and brand channel purchases, and a recurring token mint over a long period of time. Our NRV tokens will also circulate within the system in the form of user-to-user tips. Revenue out will consist of payouts to everyone earning within the system (in either NRV tokens or fiat money). 85% of that revenue is going to users.

https://community.narrative.network/ws/content-economy-narrative.png

Our token sale will be the "big bang" that sets the content economy in motion, allowing us to staff up, invest in infrastructure for the platform, and do some marketing/branding to spread the word.

And we love the Lockergnome too! He's going to be a major influence as an advisor, as we develop the content creation tools.

Lovely, Rosemary. Thanks.  I'm on board!

Side question......................

do moderators need any special qualifications on the network or can anyone become one?
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:00:06 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:34:13 AM by mprep

That graphic is useful and explains things right well.

what's to stop a troll from creating lots of accounts to rack up some monies by posting fake content or just voting on rando things?   

Thanks Diggity...we'll have a few layers of protection against trolls, including a reputation system that looks at the age of the account and the quality of content posted by a user (as voted by other users). Random participation by a new account will not get any traction, and may not even be visible, as low quality or low reputation content will be "buried." We will also have member-elected moderators who will be watching for trolls. And finally, there's no incentive to spam Narrative because users with a low reputation or low-quality content may not even be eligible for reward payouts. We're doing everything we can to build a system that truly rewards good behavior and high quality content.

Lovely, Rosemary. Thanks.  I'm on board!

Side question......................

do moderators need any special qualifications on the network or can anyone become one?

Thanks for the support Annie! Anyone with positive reputation will be able to put themselves forward as a moderator candidate.

We will also support a Moderator Pool, where channels can advertise openings and moderators can list their availability.

Niche owners seeking a moderator will be able to see the Reputation Score/Rank for each potential moderator, as well as any channels the moderator is or has moderated. Moderators soliciting for jobs can indicate whether they prefer Niche and/or Brand gigs, as well as subjects of interest.

There is no limit to the number of channels a user can moderate. We see the moderation role being a vital
part of the system’s health, and envision talented, dedicated moderators taking on multiple moderator gigs in the content economy, potentially generating significant
revenue for themselves in the process.

Annie9373

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:51:12 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:34:31 AM by mprep

Thanks for the support Annie! Anyone with positive reputation will be able to put themselves forward as a moderator candidate.

We will also support a Moderator Pool, where channels can advertise openings and moderators can list their availability.

Niche owners seeking a moderator will be able to see the Reputation Score/Rank for each potential moderator, as well as any channels the moderator is or has moderated. Moderators soliciting for jobs can indicate whether they prefer Niche and/or Brand gigs, as well as subjects of interest.

There is no limit to the number of channels a user can moderate. We see the moderation role being a vital
part of the system’s health, and envision talented, dedicated moderators taking on multiple moderator gigs in the content economy, potentially generating significant
revenue for themselves in the process.

Of that could be massive then.  I can see how this can be a real economy. 

Thanks Diggity...we'll have a few layers of protection against trolls, including a reputation system that looks at the age of the account and the quality of content posted by a user (as voted by other users). Random participation by a new account will not get any traction, and may not even be visible, as low quality or low reputation content will be "buried." We will also have member-elected moderators who will be watching for trolls. And finally, there's no incentive to spam Narrative because users with a low reputation or low-quality content may not even be eligible for reward payouts. We're doing everything we can to build a system that truly rewards good behavior and high quality content.

Simply brilliant!
Diggity94

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

Thanks muchly, rosemarynarrative.

Moderators seem like they will have major impact on how things run. What happens is you get a psycho mod that is taking down content right and left?  Could be worse than a troll then, right?  Do that moderator still get paid?
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:47:44 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:34:44 AM by mprep

Thanks muchly, rosemarynarrative.

Moderators seem like they will have major impact on how things run. What happens is you get a psycho mod that is taking down content right and left?  Could be worse than a troll then, right?  Do that moderator still get paid?
Two answers to that one...first, moderators have reputation as well, so bad behavior will impact their rewards. All actions performed by Moderators are logged and viewable by all users. If the Niche users are unhappy with a particular moderator, they can petition the Niche Owner to remove the Moderator.

I'm happy to announce that we'll be sponsoring and speaking about Narrative at the Crypto Funding Summit in Los Angeles, CA on January 24-25, 2018.
https://www.cryptofundingsummit.com/

If you're in the area, we'd love to see you there!

jumpinginjoe

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:07:18 AM

I'm happy to announce that we'll be sponsoring and speaking about Narrative at the Crypto Funding Summit in Los Angeles, CA on January 24-25, 2018.

Any chance you will be attending any conferences in Asia anytime soon?
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:23:34 PM

Any chance you will be attending any conferences in Asia anytime soon?
We've got a couple of events under consideration; no announcements yet. What do you think is the most influential Asian blockchain event we should be looking at?

TedNarrative

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:05:57 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:34:59 AM by mprep

Just a note that we have opened our Private Pre-Sale, which offers a 22% discount on the public token sale rate.  It does carry a 100 ETH minimum though during this phase.  Don't worry, much lower minimum in later phases!

If you want an invitation for the private pre-sale, contact us at privatepresale@narrative.network.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Our latest blog post, this one focusing on Network Rewards- how they work, security, governance, and more:

https://blog.narrative.network/narratives-network-rewards-5fc28d7bc5b3
Bjorn4Bjorn

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:36:29 AM

I'm quite excited about the prospects of this project. I used to write for a newspaper (terrible business to be in these days) and I would love to see this work.  I'll likely be an investor AND a user. 

Looking forward to it!
Diggity94

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:39:48 AM

Our latest blog post, this one focusing on Network Rewards- how they work, security, governance, and more:

I read this earlier today. Thanks for the clear explanation. 

I'm psyched about the tipping feature in particular. That could be huge. 

When do we learn more about this Native project, too?Huh?
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:43:29 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:35:40 AM by mprep

Here is our official post about adding Sergey Vasin, COO of BlackmoonCrypto to our advisory board:

https://blog.narrative.network/sergey-vasin-joins-narrative-advisor-team-504697d4531

We're excited about having Sergey join us!

I read this earlier today. Thanks for the clear explanation. 

I'm psyched about the tipping feature in particular. That could be huge. 

When do we learn more about this Native project, too?Huh?

Thanks, Diggity!

I agree that tipping is a really interesting component of Narrative.  It gives members the freedom to reward and inspire each other. I hope it will be a feature that a lot of people use.

We're not really saying much about Native at this time. More will be revealed in the future. Smiley

I'm quite excited about the prospects of this project. I used to write for a newspaper (terrible business to be in these days) and I would love to see this work.  I'll likely be an investor AND a user. 

Looking forward to it!

Awesome... great to hear the perspective of a writer.  We hope that Narrative can be a rewarding home for you in the future!

If you have any questions, please let us know.

We'll be speaking at the Crypto Funding Summit in Los Angeles later this month:

If you are in the Los Angeles area, stop by and see us!
vuego9

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:21:06 PM

This was an excellent post.  Really clarified things for me. Thanks, team!
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

Great to hear, and please feel free to post questions here if you have any!

jumpinginjoe

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:02:08 PM

How confident are you guys that you'll be able to launch the network this year?
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:04:50 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:38:27 AM by mprep

How confident are you guys that you'll be able to launch the network this year?

Very confident.  We'll be licensing technology we developed at our other company and that will help us hit the ground running.  Still a giant undertaking, don't get me wrong, but we've got a lot of experience launching platforms. 

Thanks for the question!

Thanks, vuego.  Glad it helped.

Just a reminder that you get Founder status by contributing 10 ETH or more during ANY phase of the token sale. Just wanted to clarify because some people interpreted the email we sent about the private pre-sale to mean that only private pre-sale contributors qualify for founder status.

Again, any contribution over 10 ETH gives you Founder status. Smiley

Sorry for any confusion.

Here's our old blog post about what Founder status means:

https://blog.narrative.network/founder-status-9a4d7ea4d539
RosemaryNarrative (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:02:10 PM

We're now offering a Russian-language version of our white paper, courtesy of translator "Raist."

Here's a link: https://assets.narrative.network/documents/narrative-network-whitepaper-russian.pdf

There will also be an announcement in the Russian language forum here on Bitcointalk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: