Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:48:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Narrative Doing NEOLive Chat on NEO Telegram Sept 19  (Read 4286 times)
TedNarrative

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:11:16 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:30:59 AM by mprep

You will work only with English - speaking auditory?

Hi Nirre55--

The initial rollout will support English only, but we plan to support many more languages over time. Our goal is to add a new language each quarter, after the initial release.  Currently thinking that next languages will be Spanish, French, German, and Japanese (not necessarily in that order).  But we also want to support China and India markets, as well.

Each language will have its own domain, with its own niches and channels, while sharing the same user base.  Thus, as we add a new language, the number of supported niches and channels will multiply.

Does that answer your question? Was there a particular language you want to see support for?

To be honest, it would be nice to have a platform for both content creators and people who are in need of content!

I can easily see that kind of marketplace developing on Narrative... meaning that users could solicit content creators to post on their brand channels, for instance.

The tips system built into Narrative would be perfect for that sort of thing.  You could use tips to request someone to post content you are seeking, for instance. We've even talked about the concept of a tip jar where multiple people could tip to encourage someone to create a particular piece of content.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Diggity94

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:26:44 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:31:12 AM by mprep

Having language separation like that will be nice.  Makes the opportunity seem even bigger.

Who knows I may have to pick up some Spanish niches when they become available too. Smiley

Tokens will be released AFTER the token sale officially ends (after phase 3 is completed). Michael provided the token sale dates above.

Wha?Huh I want my tokens NOW!!

kidding, fellas. Wink

Truly, fellas, when I see how much Steem is worth now, it makes me a little excited about what Narrative can do.  Even my moms can use it.  I taught her little bit about bitcoin and such, but she'd probably want to get paid in regular money. 

and she can with this.  least it sounds like she can.

me, i'll take the crypto thank you very much.
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:46:24 PM

Wha?Huh I want my tokens NOW!!

kidding, fellas. Wink

I like your spirit, Diggity!  Soon you will have tokens.
Khala

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:59:02 PM

An interesting project, joined the telegram channel to follow the news
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:08:57 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:32:11 AM by mprep

An interesting project, joined the telegram channel to follow the news

Thanks, Khala.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Today, we posted details about timing of our Token Sale here:

https://blog.narrative.network/narrative-private-pre-sale-and-updated-schedule-8aa0142c54b6

me, i'll take the crypto thank you very much.

Me too!  Smiley
amigapower

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:49:43 PM

I came across this blog post-- the raves about Narrative and says it is one of the two projects he plans to invest in:

https://www.richardscotford.com/single-post/2017/12/21/Thinking-about-investing-in-ICOs-and-the-blockchain

I plan to dig in more to find out more for myself, but can somebody gimme a quick rundown on why it's a slam dunk? 

Peace!
MichaelNarrative

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:14:57 PM

I came across this blog post-- the raves about Narrative and says it is one of the two projects he plans to invest in:

https://www.richardscotford.com/single-post/2017/12/21/Thinking-about-investing-in-ICOs-and-the-blockchain

I plan to dig in more to find out more for myself, but can somebody gimme a quick rundown on why it's a slam dunk? 

Peace!

I just saw that today.  Needless to say, I think he "gets" Narrative.   His general rules for choosing an ICO  are right on target too.  100% Common sense.
nirre55

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:32:16 PM

You will work only with English - speaking auditory?

Hi Nirre55--

The initial rollout will support English only, but we plan to support many more languages over time. Our goal is to add a new language each quarter, after the initial release.  Currently thinking that next languages will be Spanish, French, German, and Japanese (not necessarily in that order).  But we also want to support China and India markets, as well.

Each language will have its own domain, with its own niches and channels, while sharing the same user base.  Thus, as we add a new language, the number of supported niches and channels will multiply.

Does that answer your question? Was there a particular language you want to see support for?

Yes, thank you. This is more than a complete answer. And everything fits me as well.
I especially recommend you Japanese language, since 90% of the population, and probably more - do not know English language. That may help them a lot.
MichaelNarrative

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:59:00 PM

Well, nothing in this world is a slam dunk.  Death & taxes are certain but not a slam dunk!!

I think you look at the scope of the project and how many hundreds of millions of people and the dozens of language groups who can benefit.  The "value"  inside that economy is the millions of hours or writing, reading and reacting to "content"  --  the one product we know is endlessly produced and consumed on the internet.  Even a sliver of that is huge.

OK -- now let's bring in blockchain to launch a currency for that value that crosses borders and is indefinitely divisible and moveable according to  smart contracts.  While we're at it, let's reorient the economy away from paying off advertisers who want our attention, demographics, $$ -- but not really our best interests. Reorient that economy toward one where revenue flows primarily among the community.  Imagine for a moment what social media is like when we are all "influencers" and we all measure our participation by its effect on our reputation.  There's a whole new economy in play when we all have a stake.

Last -- and this is no small thing  -- this is a project that runs on crypto but doesn't require you to use or even know what crypto is.  We remember when the internet was arcane commands suitable only for computer nerds.   We saw how it exploded when people figured out it was for everyone.  We figured out that blockchain is for everyone but it doesn't require you to go full-on crypto-savvy.  We're designing Narrative for everyone -- not just the crypto savvy.  If fiat currency is what you know, then Narrative is the place to go.

Slam Dunk? No.  But Narrative already has behind it a track record of building successful social media content.  We have the technology on the shelf.  What we need through an ICO is to build out the blockchain architecture to handle the new content economy.

So the short answer is if you want to be part of something really, really big, NRV coins are a great way to start.
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:15:00 AM

Yes, thank you. This is more than a complete answer. And everything fits me as well.
I especially recommend you Japanese language, since 90% of the population, and probably more - do not know English language. That may help them a lot.

Yes, Japanese will be a very important addition.  Thanks for your input!
amigapower

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:25:30 AM

Well, nothing in this world is a slam dunk.  Death & taxes are certain but not a slam dunk!!

I think you look at the scope of the project and how many hundreds of millions of people and the dozens of language groups who can benefit.  The "value"  inside that economy is the millions of hours or writing, reading and reacting to "content"  --  the one product we know is endlessly produced and consumed on the internet.  Even a sliver of that is huge.

OK -- now let's bring in blockchain to launch a currency for that value that crosses borders and is indefinitely divisible and moveable according to  smart contracts.  While we're at it, let's reorient the economy away from paying off advertisers who want our attention, demographics, $$ -- but not really our best interests. Reorient that economy toward one where revenue flows primarily among the community.  Imagine for a moment what social media is like when we are all "influencers" and we all measure our participation by its effect on our reputation.  There's a whole new economy in play when we all have a stake.

Last -- and this is no small thing  -- this is a project that runs on crypto but doesn't require you to use or even know what crypto is.  We remember when the internet was arcane commands suitable only for computer nerds.   We saw how it exploded when people figured out it was for everyone.  We figured out that blockchain is for everyone but it doesn't require you to go full-on crypto-savvy.  We're designing Narrative for everyone -- not just the crypto savvy.  If fiat currency is what you know, then Narrative is the place to go.

Slam Dunk? No.  But Narrative already has behind it a track record of building successful social media content.  We have the technology on the shelf.  What we need through an ICO is to build out the blockchain architecture to handle the new content economy.

So the short answer is if you want to be part of something really, really big, NRV coins are a great way to start.

Thanks for the excellent answer. I'm impressed. Smiley 

TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:53:17 PM

New article about how we added Sergey Vasin (COO of Blackmooncrypto) to our Advisory team:

https://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/sergey-vasin-of-blackmoon-crypto-joins-the-advisory-board-of-narrative-the-content-creation-platform-where-users-make-the-rules-and-pocket-the-money/

We're big fans of Blackmooncrypto and are excited about having him join us.
amigapower

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:46:21 AM

I almost invested in the Blackmooncrypto ICO... cool that one of their guys is involved here.

I see their is a limit on number of niches founders can get in the special window before launch. Any idea what the limit is?
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:27:01 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:32:40 AM by mprep

Big News!

One of our advisors, Christopher Penn, was named Measurement Expert of the Year for his work measuring social sharing.

http://www.prnewsonline.com/chris-penn-measurement-expert#.WjrXZlytNNc.twitter

Chris will be adding tremendous value to Narrative, with his expertise in content marketing.  We want to make sure all Narrative users have the tools they need to promote their content and measure the overall reach of their content.

If you have not done so, please join our Telegram group:

https:/t.me/narrativenetwork

Hoping to see you all there.... and HERE, of course.
jumpinginjoe

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:10:51 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:33:08 AM by mprep

Big News!

One of our advisors, Christopher Penn, was named Measurement Expert of the Year for his work measuring social sharing.

http://www.prnewsonline.com/chris-penn-measurement-expert#.WjrXZlytNNc.twitter

Chris will be adding tremendous value to Narrative, with his expertise in content marketing.  We want to make sure all Narrative users have the tools they need to promote their content and measure the overall reach of their content.

Nice!

I had not even thought about that angle.  Makes sense now that I take a closer look at your advisors. I like how content-focused your group is. I know next to nothing about the measurements that article mentioned, but I do know its important to have those kinds of tools.  Makes me glad to hear that Narrative is thinking that deeply about things.

I just posted somewhere else-- this one is one my faves of the new projects. (I also like Gladius and Canya.) Gonna do my best to help spread the word for you guys, even though I am a nobody.

If you have not done so, please join our Telegram group:

https:/t.me/narrativenetwork

Hoping to see you all there.... and HERE, of course.

Sorry, I hate telegram, but I will def hang out here!
MarkFourFive

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:22:48 PM

New article about how we added Sergey Vasin (COO of Blackmooncrypto) to our Advisory team:

https://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/sergey-vasin-of-blackmoon-crypto-joins-the-advisory-board-of-narrative-the-content-creation-platform-where-users-make-the-rules-and-pocket-the-money/

Fantastic! 

Looks like BMC price is moving up the last few days, too.
Kagi

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

Fantastic! 

Looks like BMC price is moving up the last few days, too.

This event we have been waiting for for a long time.
MarkFourFive

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:36:11 PM

Kagi-

Are you into BMC, too?  It's exciting to see it finally moving up, huh?
Diggity94

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:50:50 PM

Lots of activity since I been away.

I too like the idea that Narrative will think about the content marketing side of things.  We gets all caught up basics, but that little detail is important. If someone going to make money off content, it will help being able to optimize so people can find it better, you know?

Can someone tell me how you earn "activity rewards" in the system? Sounds cool but not much info i could see in wp.
TedNarrative

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:33:20 AM by mprep

Lots of activity since I been away.

I too like the idea that Narrative will think about the content marketing side of things.  We gets all caught up basics, but that little detail is important. If someone going to make money off content, it will help being able to optimize so people can find it better, you know?

Can someone tell me how you earn "activity rewards" in the system? Sounds cool but not much info i could see in wp.

Lots of actions will earn activity points in Narrative - creating content, voting (up-voting/down-voting content, voting for moderators, approving niches), commenting, tipping, etc.  And keep in mind that the rewards you earn will be influenced by your reputation. Thus, a low reputation user will not accumulate as many points/activity rewards as a higher reputation user.

Bottom line, though, the more that you contribute, be it posting content or providing feedback via votes, and other mechanisms, the more points you will earn and the larger share of the activity rewards pie you will receive.

Sorry, I hate telegram, but I will def hang out here!

No worries!  It's not for everyone. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: