Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please remove hyperlink and image code in Private messages.  (Read 766 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:14:15 PM

There is no use of hyperlinks and images in private messages, people use them to trick peoples to go on phishing/java drive by sites and to grab ip address etc.

I'm sure many peoples have seen a fake contest where a guy sent phishing link to over 100 members.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204533
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:30:35 PM

There is no use of hyperlinks and images in private messages
What the hell am I reading?
Are you a mod and checked that nobody ever used those in a non-phishing manner?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:02:22 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:14:07 PM by escrow.ms

There is no use of hyperlinks and images in private messages
What the hell am I reading?
Are you a mod and checked that nobody ever used those in a non-phishing manner?

If someone just need to give link to someone else in pm, he can send link directly instead of using hyperlink bb code. What's the point of sending something as google instead of simple http://google.com

@Jack i'll ask you same question

Are you a mod and checked that nobody ever used those in a phishing manner?

No?

Is it a very important feature ? (I'm talking about hyperlink in pm system)

No

Well I posted it as suggestion and let some admin decide, otherwise fuck it, i don't care, i posted it for others safety not mine.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:56:28 PM

Hyperlinks need to stay, but we have to remove images from private messages.  Script kiddies are grabbing my IP simply by my looking at any message.  So now I browse this site imageless.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:14:28 AM

Hyperlinks need to stay, but we have to remove images from private messages.  Script kiddies are grabbing my IP simply by my looking at any message.  So now I browse this site imageless.

I use a VPN half the time, so they'll never know what my real IP is.  Smiley

Your real IP is 127.0.0.1  Cool
rme

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:48:27 AM

How did you know!?

You opened my private message
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:50:28 AM

OMG! da skidizzz gonna know ma IP addy and punch me over da interwebz!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:33:34 PM

It's a retarded idea. If your computer can be compromised by just knowing its ip, you're doing something wrong. Why don't you fix up your security instead of ruining the experience for everyone else.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:36:50 PM

It's a retarded idea. If your computer can be compromised by just knowing its ip, you're doing something wrong. Why don't you fix up your security instead of ruining the experience for everyone else.
+1
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:39:29 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 02:54:26 PM by escrow.ms

You know you look like a retarded post whore with this comment.
Did you even read thread? it's now about getting hacked with a ip mr.stupid.

Anyways i'm done now, i opened this thread again due to mla's request, i'm locking this topic now before more retard come and post there stupid replies here.
rme

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:48:26 PM

So lets show the ip address in every post, right?
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:53:05 PM

No.  That is everyone in the world's LOCAL Computer IP. So 127.0.0.1 is yours, mine, that neighbor who is spying right behind you.  It is the same as localhost
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: