Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:09:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Duration Of ICO  (Read 784 times)
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:11:34 AM

The duration of any ICO is not determined by anyone else but by the developers and team of the project themselves. They can decide to conduct a week-long ICO. They can also make it a month. They could also make it 4 months if they want. There is no required duration for any ICO. But the number of days or weeks or months of an ICO does not determine or predict their success that's why it is useless to base on it. 
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:01:41 AM

To me it doesn't mean anything except the longer it is, the worst it is. I think only first day and last day are what matter.
Michae1k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

I have some questions about ICO and its duration. For example: Atlant ICO  lasted month and half, in the other hand Confideal ICO should last only 20 days.
I want to know if duration of ICO means something or not?

And my second question - Confideal ICO will start in 2 of November and end in 22 of November, In which day or part of ico better to buy tokens? I not sure abt this ico for 100%, and think to wait week or two and look how much ppl will invest and than make my final decision.
If you are sure is better to invest in first or second day to have more bonus, but if not - you can wait a week, and spend it to read more about it, or find new one
but i think that confideal worth it, and i plan to invest after 15 hours Cool
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:02:49 PM

It's more up to the company. But yes, generally the timeline is around 1 month.

I found a token that did a pre-sale for serious investors in BTC, and now they're in the pre-registration phase (since they ask for quite a bit of info for verification). This runs for about a month and then for like 7 days the token sale happens. very interesting idea cybermiles has going. I like that they give you the time to prepare everything because I know for civic, it was like a panic to have all the info submitted.
Jenna_G (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:06:42 PM

I have some questions about ICO and its duration. For example: Atlant ICO  lasted month and half, in the other hand Confideal ICO should last only 20 days.

And my second question - Confideal ICO will start in 2 of November and end in 22 of November, In which day or part of ico better to buy tokens? I not sure abt this ico for 100%, and think to wait week or two and look how much ppl will invest and than make my final decision.
If you are sure is better to invest in first or second day to have more bonus, but if not - you can wait a week, and spend it to read more about it, or find new one
I decide to make it in the first day, hard decision for me, but all facts told me that Confideal is really promising and i can't miss it
I hope to make the money
HappyPirate

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:33:04 PM

I decide to make it in the first day, hard decision for me, but all facts told me that Confideal is really promising and i can't miss it
I hope to make the money

be careful, make your own research
by doing such staff I can tell you my my top 3:

Confideal
Jibrel
and Rega
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

ICO duration most of the time does not tell anything about the coins, however, if an ico has been opened for a very long time and they keep delaying that date then that means that project did not got a lot of interest and in the other scenario if an ico only last a few days and the tokens are sold then that means the interest in that ico was great.
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

Yes, you are right, many ICOs do not last more than a month, but it does not mean much. Even when the ICO is closed, after its end people who contributed into in the very beginning of the project start to get bonuses and profits.
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:34:21 AM

PRE-ICO and ICO's last for roughly 1 month its not that important how long they run for. They run for this long because of some bonuses that ICO's offer to people. As days past the price for ETH for example, will change for example. 1 ETH=200tokens (1st week) 1 ETH=150tokens (2nd week)
It's a bonus for early contributors.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:46:08 AM

the duration is the time specified according to the ICO. But did not rule out the time can change at any time. may be faster or can be postponed. It's all influenced by how much ICO results are obtained.
LydiaBob

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:32:05 PM

The usual duration of an ICO is one month, not that it matters. If they reach their goal earlier, the ICO stops. So if you really want to buy some coins, buy them during the first days. They usually give some bonuses also
Jenna_G (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:41:01 PM

Today is the first day of Confideal's ICO, and I still wait. They already collected 113 Eth, i think to join after  1000 eth
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:44:27 PM

Duration of ico is all about developers' patience. Some developers believe 20 days time is enough to obtain the goal, some not. I am doubtful about extra ordinary long icos personally.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

Duration of ICO's are not so important. The devs dont want to drag the ICO period for too long or keep it too short. Its duration is approx 1 month or until they reach a certain goal. During this period you get bonuses too!
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:48:41 PM

A month or so is the duration of the ICO, and its enough time to get contributors for the project.
Each ICO will have different duration periods.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
prodigalson

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

Long preparation for ICO, less days of ICO. E.g. 3 month you shout "ICO, ICO, guys, ICOOOoo" and then you collect what you need in 10-15 days.

Hello, cryptoworld
Jenna_G (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Long preparation for ICO, less days of ICO. E.g. 3 month you shout "ICO, ICO, guys, ICOOOoo" and then you collect what you need in 10-15 days.

Hope that confideal can reach their target in 20 days, but i found out about them just month ago
jacky21

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:34:04 PM

It isn't very relevant, but 2 months are enough.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:47:55 PM

Duration of ICO depends on the capital they wanna mobilize. If they just need a small amount of money, they just need a short time. If they need more money, they will ICO in a long time.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Nonakryse

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:17:11 PM

Every project has a different strategy regarding the time of the ICO.

What many do is the following: They use a very limited duration (couple of hours/days) which has the effect of creating a lot of demand (they are reducing the time frame, supply, from the equation, which makes the very limited time frame that someone has to offer in demand). That's frowned upon by many but it really depends on how you look at it.

Other projects again last for months or in some cases even years (EOS) which is another interesting strategy, as you let investors learn about the project and have always the door open for new investors to rush in. It's quite convenient for most investors and some don't like it.

You shouldn't worry it much how long it will be, just because a project decided to go to one of the two ways doesn't mean they are less reliable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: