Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Billboard in California - Honey Badger!  (Read 6166 times)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:11:09 AM

I would love to buy some shirts as well.

Here is the image for anyone who needs it:

Email me for vector or .ai versions.

roger at memorydealers.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshbb

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:15:29 AM

As long as evoorhees is okay with it, I'll make it! Maybe without the stripes on the left? Just awaiting a confirmation... or roger are you allowed to confirm it? Lemme know!

(I am Shirtoshi.)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:18:54 AM

Please consider the image part of the public domain or copy left or whatever.
(Feel free to use it however you want)

suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:43:12 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 02:44:14 AM by suryc

I would love to buy some shirts as well.

Here is the image for anyone who needs it:

Email me for vector or .ai versions.

roger at memorydealers.com

Thanks for the image.

Now available on Zazzle.com for those that want to pay with fiat (or if you want to be able to choose a specific kind of shirt), but otherwise I recommend Shirtoshi.

http://www.zazzle.com/bitcoin_the_honey_badger_of_money-235319553440881799

http://www.zazzle.com/bitcoin_the_honey_badger_of_money-235319553440881799

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
joshbb

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:08:36 AM

http://www.shirtoshi.com/shirt.php?id=11

... and it's up!

Buy it for $19.95 (in Bitcoins) with free shipping and show the world what an Internet guy you really are! Smiley
Neon Golden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 02:36:14 AM

http://www.shirtoshi.com/shirt.php?id=11

... and it's up!

Buy it for $19.95 (in Bitcoins) with free shipping and show the world what an Internet guy you really are! Smiley

Honey Badger don't fiat!
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:40:48 AM

that shirt is awesome haha
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:37:40 AM

Great, now can we crowdsource this onto 10 more billboards?  Grin
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:07:11 AM

Awesome.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:27:22 AM

I'm not sure if that's such good advice!

http://www.shutterstock.com/s/badger/search.html#id=90985799&src=cjg1sxHwiEoh_jphc0xacw-1-53

I'd ask the creator first as he's selling it on shutterstock. https://www.facebook.com/patrick.guenettebusby http://www.morphart.ca/

suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:40:42 AM

http://www.shutterstock.com/s/badger/search.html#id=90985799&src=cjg1sxHwiEoh_jphc0xacw-1-53

I'd ask the creator first as he's selling it on shutterstock. https://www.facebook.com/patrick.guenettebusby http://www.morphart.ca/

How can he hold a copyright on an engraved illustration from 1895? I believe the max on a copyright is 95 years from first publish and that engraving was published by Larive and Fleury in 1895...

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:47:46 AM

How can he hold a copyright on an engraved illustration from 1895? I believe the max on a copyright is 95 years from first publish and that engraving was published by Larive and Fleury in 1895...

I think he redrew it as a vector, not sure. Glad I looked it up though.

maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:57:06 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 08:41:53 AM by maco

So the design is not owned by anyone here?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:22:19 AM

So the design is not owned by anyone here?

It's likely that the 1895 source image is no longer copyrighted, yet the vector created from said source image is (if that makes any sense). I'm not sure if one cancels the other.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

The idea here is Bitcoin don't give a shit à la the meme/YouTube video? I don't get it. Is that the image we want to present for Bitcoin?

Try to imagine the competition using the same advert. Would it work? AmazonPayments - the Honey Badger of money. No, doesn't really work.

bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:00:34 AM

The idea here is Bitcoin don't give a shit à la the meme/YouTube video? I don't get it. Is that the image we want to present for Bitcoin?

Try to imagine the competition using the same advert. Would it work? AmazonPayments - the Honey Badger of money. No, doesn't really work.

Love the shirt and the video.

Here is an alternative voiceover for the video, using Bitcoin ...

This is the Bitcoin. Watch it hash in slow motion.

It's pretty badass. Look. It hashes all over the place. "Whoa! Watch out!" says that bank.

Eew, it's got encryption! Oh! It's chasing a merchant service! Oh my gosh!

Oh, the Bitcoin is just crazy!

The Bitcoin has been referred to by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most fearless currency on the Internet. It really doesn't give a shit. If it's hashing, it's mining.

Eew! What's that in its block chain? Oh, it's got a double-spend? Oh, it runs backwards? Now watch this: look FICEN's up in courts. Bitcoin don't care. It just takes what it wants. Whenever it's mining it just -- Eew, and it mines, transactions... Watch it reward! Look at that mining.

The Bitcoin is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other currency whatsoever. Look at it, it's just hashing, and mining blocks. Eew! What's that? Silk Road? Oh that's nasty. Bitcoin's so nasty. Oh look it's hashing things and mining them.

The Bitcoin has a fairly long block chain, but a distinctly thickset encryption scheme, and, you know, its developers are loose, allowing it to move about freely, and they twist around.

Now look: Here's a house full of gold bugs. Do you think the Bitcoin cares? It doesn't give a shit, it goes right into the homes of libertarians to get some liquidity. How disgusting is that? It mines silk road transactions. Eew, that's so nasty.

But look! The Bitcoin doesn't care! It's users get hacked like a thousand times. It doesn't give a shit. It's just mining. It doesn't care about being hacked by the feds. Nothing can stop the Bitcoin when it's mining. What a crazy fuck! Look, it's mining anonymous transactions, that's disgusting.

It's hashing in slow-motion again. See?

Now, what's interesting is that other currencies like the dollar here, they just wait around until the bitcoin crashes, and then it swoops in to pick up the scraps. It says, "You do all the work for us, Bitcoin, and we'll just profit whatever you mine, how's that? What'daya say, stupid?"

Look at this currency: "Thanks for the treat, stupid!"

"Hey, come back here," says the Bitcoin.

Currencies don't care, and you know what? The alt-coins do it too. Look at these little alt-coins. They're like "Thanks stupid! Thanks for the mining! See you later." The Bitcoin does all the work and all these other currencies just pick up the scraps.

At nightime the Bitcoin goes mining, because it's hashing. Look! Here comes a fierce battle between a government currency and Bitcoin. I wonder what will happen?

Look at this, there's the Bitcoin just hashing a block, and then look, "Get away from me!" says the government, "Get away from me!" Bitcoin don't care. Bitcoin smacks the shit out of it. And the government comes back and it lashes at the Bitcoin.

Oh, little does the Bitcoin know, FYI: it's been hacked! It's been forked by the 51% attack, so while it's hashing the block chain -- eew, that's disgusting -- all the hacked blocks are seeping into the Bitcoin's block chain, and it forks out. Look at that forked fuck.

Now the Bitcoin is going to fork out for a few minutes, and then it's going to get right back up and start hashing all over again, because it's a resiliant little bastard.

Look at this! Like nothing happened! The Bitcoin gets right back up and continues hashing the block chain.

How disgusting.

And of course, what does the Bitcoin have to hash for the next two weeks?

Transactions.

The Bitcoin.

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:01:51 AM

WTF does that billboard even mean ??  Huh

maco

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:03:14 AM

ROFL! Bitcoinchecker, did you really write all that out yourself? or has this been used before?

It's pretty badass. Look. It hashes all over the place. "Whoa! Watch out!" says that bank.

The Bitcoin has been referred to by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most fearless currency on the Internet. It really doesn't give a shit. If it's hashing, it's mining.

Eew! What's that in its block chain? Oh, it's got a double-spend? Oh, it runs backwards? Now watch this: look FICEN's up in courts. Bitcoin don't care. It just takes what it wants. Whenever it's mining it just -- Eew, and it mines, transactions... Watch it reward! Look at that mining.

The Bitcoin is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other currency whatsoever. Look at it, it's just hashing, and mining blocks. Eew! What's that? Silk Road? Oh that's nasty. Bitcoin's so nasty. Oh look it's hashing things and mining them.

The Bitcoin has a fairly long block chain, but a distinctly thickset encryption scheme, and, you know, its developers are loose, allowing it to move about freely, and they twist around.

Now look: Here's a house full of gold bugs. Do you think the Bitcoin cares? It doesn't give a shit, it goes right into the homes of libertarians to get some liquidity. How disgusting is that? It mines silk road transactions. Eew, that's so nasty.

But look! The Bitcoin doesn't care! It's users get hacked like a thousand times. It doesn't give a shit. It's just mining. It doesn't care about being hacked by the feds. Nothing can stop the Bitcoin when it's mining. What a crazy fuck! Look, it's mining anonymous transactions, that's disgusting.

Now, what's interesting is that other currencies like the dollar here, they just wait around until the bitcoin crashes, and then it swoops in to pick up the scraps. It says, "You do all the work for us, Bitcoin, and we'll just profit whatever you mine, how's that? What'daya say, stupid?"

Currencies don't care, and you know what? The alt-coins do it too. Look at these little alt-coins. They're like "Thanks stupid! Thanks for the mining! See you later." The Bitcoin does all the work and all these other currencies just pick up the scraps.

At nightime the Bitcoin goes mining, because it's hashing. Look! Here comes a fierce battle between a government currency and Bitcoin. I wonder what will happen?

Look at this, there's the Bitcoin just hashing a block, and then look, "Get away from me!" says the government, "Get away from me!" Bitcoin don't care. Bitcoin smacks the shit out of it. And the government comes back and it lashes at the Bitcoin.

Oh, little does the Bitcoin know, FYI: it's been hacked! It's been forked by the 51% attack, so while it's hashing the block chain -- eew, that's disgusting -- all the hacked blocks are seeping into the Bitcoin's block chain, and it forks out. Look at that forked fuck.

Now the Bitcoin is going to fork out for a few minutes, and then it's going to get right back up and start hashing all over again, because it's a resiliant little bastard.

Look at this! Like nothing happened! The Bitcoin gets right back up and continues hashing the block chain.

How disgusting.

Transactions.

The Bitcoin.

maco

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:05:29 AM

This should answer your question there bigdude.

"Honey badgers favor bee honey, and will often search for beehives to get it, which earns them their name. They often follow a honeyguide (a bird that eats bee larvae) to find the beehives."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

WTF does that billboard even mean ??  Huh
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:07:46 AM

ROFL! Bitcoinchecker, did you really write all that out yourself? or has this been used before?

How disgusting.

Transactions.

The Bitcoin.

Unfortubately, I didn't write it.

I found it on reddit ... http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1gagle/lol_new_bitcoin_billboard_in_san_jose_honey_badger/

The guys over there are now on about getting a new video made using this voicover.

Brilliant stuff.

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: