Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:55:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No supercomputers---Thank me later.  (Read 1207 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:38:25 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 04:56:54 AM by Lucacrebbe

Hello,  I want to  talk a little  bit  with  you guys.

The cripto hype/ bubble  has contaminated  everyone, and   everyone seek to  be  rich  with cripto.

Guys  this  makes  me  laugh.

THE  98%  of  ALTS   WILL  DIE  IN THE  LONG RUN,  AND YOU DON'T  REALIZE  THAT  THE 99,5%  OF  ICO 'S  are just  trying to  take  your money   creating  various  kind of    HYPEs

Among the  various kinds of   hype  we have :

-- supercomputers:   WHO NEEDS  THIS  WHEN  WE ALREADY  HAVE  BOINC  AND  ETHEREUM  AND  WE ARE NEAR  TO Q-BIT  SUPERCOMPUTER?

SERIOUSLY, DON'T   WAST your MONEY  ON SUPERCOMPUTER'S  HYPE

-------VIDEO   PLATFORM AIMING TO COMPETE  WITH  YOUTUBE, NETFLIX..   SHIT.....  DON'T  WAST  MONEY ON THESE

---------------------------------------- So   where   could I  invest my money??

DECENTRALIZED STORAGE.

THE  ONLY THING  FOR  WHICH  BLOCKCHAIN WILL BE  REALLY  IMPORTANT  AND  NECESSARY  IS  DECENTRALIZED  STORAGE.

Think  about  all  big  companies  which get hacked  and  all data  stealth  and so on.

With a  decentralized storage  this  can not happen  and  the  companies  will need  this.

All the  other  things  are  HYPE, HYPE, BUBBLE, USELESS  HYPE, DON'T  WAST YOUR PRECIOUS  MONEY on them
---

The  other things  in which   you can  invest in are:   Bitcoin (RIDE THE BUBBLE,  AN ICONE  OF  THE  2010  YEARS),

and  maybe  some  smart contract  platform (STRATIS, WAVES, LISK, confideal)

And  ARK?

Forget  it.  

There are   a lot  of  projects  which aim  to realize ATOMIC SWAP... so forget about  ark, over-rated  (wanchain will destroy it)

------------------------------------

-------------------- Can  you  tell me   another  project  in which to invest ,   that      will be   necessary for  the world,   and  that is not   just pure ''Hype''?

Yes, maybe  all the IOT  (internet of thing)  related stuff  it's   not  ''pure hype''

so  you could  go investing   with  IOTA,  WALTON CHAIN, MODUM...   they  are all   projects  in which  the blockchain  tecnology could be extremly  useful
(but IOTA  is   tangle, not blockchain)

------------------------------------------------

So guys  we  are   at  the   end  of my considerations...  I   think this  is  the realistic  scenario.   Share  your  toughts if  you want, but  my idea is this.

I   think that  if  you follow  my adviceses  and  invest  a  big sum of  money  in the  fields  I  have described  you could collect consistent gains, because they are  sectors  in which the blockchain tecnology is  really needed.  (IOT,  DECENTRALIZED STORAGE)

All the rest  is  hype.  Bubble.

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:52:54 AM

Nothing wrong with buying into a bubble especially when you can read the signs
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:03:50 AM

Exactly right. 99% of people are into crypto for profits, including OP, hence his tirade against some coins and for others. If it is profit you are after, go ahead and try and catch the wave of the hype and get out before the bubble pops.

But seriously, dismiss every "supercomputer alts project" simply because we already have BOINC and Ethereum? I do like boinc very much but if there could be something better, why not?

I did not take it seriously, but I was neutral until I saw OP promote Waltonchain.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:55:40 AM

I mean if there is hype, it's obviously more risky. However, it deosn't mean that you are going to be able to turn a profit on your investments. Decentralized storage is a great idea but probably not going to see any real life usages any time soon.

But again, if there is a new wave of hype then it could certainly see its price jump.

In the end, it's investment and speculation. But i do think that decentralized storage projects are going to be pumped soon. Haven't had any action for ages now.

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:30:35 AM

Exactly right. 99% of people are into crypto for profits, including OP, hence his tirade against some coins and for others. If it is profit you are after, go ahead and try and catch the wave of the hype and get out before the bubble pops.

But seriously, dismiss every "supercomputer alts project" simply because we already have BOINC and Ethereum? I do like boinc very much but if there could be something better, why not?

I did not take it seriously, but I was neutral until I saw OP promote Waltonchain.
Me too.
For a moment, I thought he was probably unto something. Then, I caught Waltonchain - twice.
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:32:25 AM

sorry dude, i've appreciated your topics so far but now you've started to sound like another guy on the forum who thinks to be Batman...  Grin

this aside, you may have a point here, but we cannot really predict what twist the tech will take in the end, so the smartest thing we can do as investors remains to diversify by picking promising projects with different goals, marketcap, level of risk, etc.
also, if you speak of decentralized *storage* i don't really see anything atm that really gives me trust. if instead you speak of decentralizing how all of the internet works, then the matter is quite different and i think that there are still a few hopes around
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

I can agree the fact that we are in quite big bubble right here. Not only supercomputers, all these airdrop coins and even smart contract coins are in bubble. But I think decentralized storage is overrated too. It is problematic in law I believe if people store illegal pics, vids.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:08:31 AM

I can agree the fact that we are in quite big bubble right here. Not only supercomputers, all these airdrop coins and even smart contract coins are in bubble. But I think decentralized storage is overrated too. It is problematic in law I believe if people store illegal pics, vids.

NO .

Smart  contracts   is  somenthing  the  world  NEED.

NOT  ALL  IS  A BUBBLE.

DECENTRALIZED SMART CONTRACT  ARE USEFUL FOR COMPANIES.   THINK ABOUT ALL  BUSINESSES  WHICH WANT TO AUTOMATE THEIR PROCESS  WITHOUT  A CENTRAL  SERVER  TAKING  THE REQUESTES.

Smart contract are useful in my opinion.

Decentralized  storage too.

THINK ABOUT  BIG COMPANIES  WHICH  WANT TO  HIDE THEIR  DATA, AND DO NOT  WANT TO  BE hacked.  DECENTRALIZED  SORAGE IS CRUCIAL FOR THEM.

ALL  the rest  for me is  BUBBLE  because  there is  already in the  ''real''  world.

FOR EXAMPLE  WHEN  I  SEE   VIRTUAL REALITY  AND  BLOCKCHAIN:::::  FOR    ME  IS BUBBLE....  THE  VIRTUAL REALITY  CAN exist  without  blockchain

Supercomputer  can exist  without  blockchain

Decentralized  storage CAN NOT  exist  without  blockchain------------->  so it' s  valuable.

In my opinion you guys  gotta  limit  the choise  to  the valuable projects, this  will make you maximaze the profits.

IOT    for example is another  sector, which  needs   blockchain.

BITCOIN?------>  AN ICONE...  A   COIN TO  HAVE  BECAUSE FUNDAMENTALLY HAS  NO PURPOSE  BUT  IT'S  ''SIMBOLIC''

So  my   picks  are:  IOT (internet  of things  field),    DECENTRALIZED STORAGE,   SMART CONTRACTING and Bitcoin

ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:17:13 AM

First of all, being that arrogant wont give you a good reputation here. THis is not the first page of the newspaper.. just a forum!  you don't need double space between lines or CAPS locked..
ARK is overhyped.. yeah, i think so, already grew too much.
WTC will give a lot of profit to investors.
IOTA, although many people seems to have lost their hope because it's dropping 60% since ATH, has still a very very bright future...
Your worst mistake:    claiming something like supercomputers aren't needed.. you should take a look at what is fog computing... and of course blockchain will be very useful in that case.

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:22:44 AM

I mean if there is hype, it's obviously more risky. However, it deosn't mean that you are going to be able to turn a profit on your investments. Decentralized storage is a great idea but probably not going to see any real life usages any time soon.

Sorry...  but  just  think  about  companies:  would it be better to store their data  on a phisical server  that  could be hacked,or  ''in the cloud (blockchain)''  where noone  can  access   to them??
 The answer is  pretty obvious  to me

Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

First of all, being that arrogant wont give you a good reputation here. THis is not the first page of the newspaper.. just a forum!  you don't need double space between lines or CAPS locked..
ARK is overhyped.. yeah, i think so, already grew too much.
WTC will give a lot of profit to investors.
IOTA, although many people seems to have lost their hope because it's dropping 60% since ATH, has still a very very bright future...
Your worst mistake:    claiming something like supercomputers aren't needed.. you should take a look at what is fog computing... and of course blockchain will be very useful in that case.

My question is :  ''why  this fog  computers do they need  blockchain  tecnology?

Can't they simply run in a peer-to-peer  manner like BOINC  already  does?''

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:59 AM

sorry dude, i've appreciated your topics so far but now you've started to sound like another guy on the forum who thinks to be Batman...  Grin

this aside, you may have a point here, but we cannot really predict what twist the tech will take in the end, so the smartest thing we can do as investors remains to diversify by picking promising projects with different goals, marketcap, level of risk, etc.
also, if you speak of decentralized *storage* i don't really see anything atm that really gives me trust. if instead you speak of decentralizing how all of the internet works, then the matter is quite different and i think that there are still a few hopes around

Confusing as it is there will be many ICO's and new coins that will pop out of nowhere in the Coinmarket and all we can do is just ride the wave of These Platform hype we can not tell for sure if what is a scam and not, we can not predict if the project will succeed or the ICO is a big scam, and it is up to OP if his not trusting them because we had different conclusion on what to support and I think this big hype had so many supporters because of the free tokens they are giving that sometimes became a hit and sometimes become a dump, yes it is pretty annoying if something like this happen but one thing for sure out of the 98% of altcoins that's gonna be dead in the long run there are still a 2% that will remain and will sure succeed,
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:37:34 AM

for sure out of the 98% of altcoins that's gonna be dead in the long run there are still a 2% that will remain and will sure succeed,

And  you have to be smart picking that one  the  world  really need:  IOT, decentralized storage, smart contract platform and Bitcoin.

That's it.  

Life  it's  not  complicated, it's incredibile  simple.  

Go  with  IOTA, WTC, MODUM,  one between  SIA, maidsafecoin, substratum, shift  and   one platform   among  Stratis, Waves, Komodo

And  finally  a  30%   of  Bitcoin.   That's it.

You do Not  need  other  coins

nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

for sure out of the 98% of altcoins that's gonna be dead in the long run there are still a 2% that will remain and will sure succeed,

And  you have to be smart picking that one  the  world  really need:  IOT, decentralized storage, smart contract platform and Bitcoin.

That's it.  

Life  it's  not  complicated, it's incredibile  simple.  

Go  with  IOTA, WTC, MODUM,  one between  SIA, maidsafecoin, substratum, shift  and   one platform   among  Stratis, Waves, Komodo

And  finally  a  30%   of  Bitcoin.   That's it.

You do Not  need  other  coins

i understand what you mean but i think you're giving too much credit to current projects. perhaps the coins that will be successful in the long run and go real mainstream were not born yet. perhaps BTC itself will slowly fade at a certain point because too unwieldy to use. also, i think you underestimate the importance that community still has in crypto. personally i haven't invested in IOTA yet but can tell you that i woke up really happy this morgning for holding some GRS and OK in my bag, whatever you may think of those coins... why should we already give up to such opportunities? it's a bubble and a very volatile one, right - let's enjoy it and ride waves Cheesy it's still too early to make secure long-term bets...
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:37:32 PM

In fact that is just that it is. No one really cares about some of this altcoins and it is obvious most people just want to take their profit and leave at the best time possible.

However, there are some projects that are just simply rubbish at the instance of reading about them as you just know it will not work. it is just a matter of time before most of the altcoins leave the market with their shady project while the stronger ones with great and usable ideas survive.
pops87

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:23:06 PM

-------VIDEO   PLATFORM AIMING TO COMPETE  WITH  YOUTUBE, NETFLIX..   SHIT.....  DON'T  WAST  MONEY ON THESE
With the recent YouTube policy that is retarded and demonetizes a lot of normal stuff how is that a bad idea?
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:02:57 AM

-------VIDEO   PLATFORM AIMING TO COMPETE  WITH  YOUTUBE, NETFLIX..   SHIT.....  DON'T  WAST  MONEY ON THESE
With the recent YouTube policy that is retarded and demonetizes a lot of normal stuff how is that a bad idea?

It's  a   bad idea  because   people don't  know  yet  how  to buy token  or  cripto  with their credit cards without too much   hassle

Wheb  will  be possible to buy cripto  and token with   QR scan code on smartphone  bitcoin  and  criptos  and  video-cripto platform could  also overtake youtube

We are  talking about a  decade (10  years)
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

So, in this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2343401.0), you are calling Bitcoin as useless and here you are recommending it to everyone?
Why are you crossing your own words? As well, each and every ICO comes with their own concept and we all know that many turn out scams, so it's our own responsibility to search out for the best and invest in it, but calling everything as shit turns out to be stupid when few of them become legit in terms of proving their project with the work they do for it. Committed dedication can be the key to the success of anything whether it's Bitcoin or alt. Don't worry too much about the future of alts and just enjoy the rides while you are still able to, because once bitcoin crosses a level where trading with it could go bizarre if you lose, people might switch to alternatives like ethereum or XMR to trade.
Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

It's obvious that OP is just trying to promote some coins which he holds but still I agree on some of his points specifically the advice to not waste money on video platform aiming to complete with youtube and the likes, it is quite useless now that many people aren't exposed with using cryptocurrencies yet. I partly agree with some of his points until I saw him promoting his altcoin stash on his post, recommending people to buy them.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:49:27 AM

Supercomputers in fact could prove to be highly valuable, especially Sonm as it uses Fog Computing. You're like those guys in the 80's and 90's claiming email was a bubble. Also, there are very few monopolies still out there; there are countless TV-suppliers, internet suppliers, news paper suppliers, game suppliers, ... so in the future we also are gonna have multiple blockchain technologies bringing us virtually the same thing. You however are talking about this as if it's a stagnant thing, something that has already peaked. Ask yourself, did the internet disappear after the bubble, or did it explode even further? In a few years, blockchain will be seen as internet 2.0. I predict Sonm, a supercomputing network, to reach 5 billion$ by 2020, because fog computing is the future of high speed data providing and processing, virtually free website hosting, neural network creation, CGI rendering, global energy distribution, and so much more.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██