Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:50:29 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:58:28 AM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:18:03 AM

generally yes, you should dump them quickly as soon as you receive them.

you said you already have tokens from the airdrops you claimed so you can just check their performance and see how much money you lost and how much money you earned by holding!
but generally speaking most people dump their coins when they receive them, and that means price will drop no matter what that token is. which means the faster you dump the more profit you gain.

not to mention most of these airdrops are useless projects that will drop hard in the future anyways, which makes holding them a big mistake.

if you believe in a project's future then you can buy after the dump inside the dip. in other words you receive your token, dump them fast then wait for the dumping to slow down or stop and then buy back what you sold and wait for the rise.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rafter_01

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:26:06 AM

From my experience, once the coin hits a price which gives you profit dump them.

The shitcoins have jokers running them so they are in it for the short period. They will dump at the very first chance.

Most of 'E' coins are like that.
dilshan1001

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:53:20 AM

most air drop coins are shit and even they haven't white paper. sell it quickly after you get a profit. or else you can sell your  coins in the top and get coins again in bottom. because many coins have second wave and you can double your profit to do this at right time.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:00:42 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
Me i usually wait for the doubled price of the token i received from any bounty altcoin campaigns it doesnt hurt if you wait for a long or a months is it because youll only wait for it  to grow and do literally nothing until it grows. So keep it all and wait for the doubled value of the rates you received better take more bounty campaigns in the altcoin discussion if you want more income. It is so easy i know you know that i know you know how to post hahah
CoinOverlord

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:09:10 AM

Sell them as soon as you get them. That is the only way to get value.
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

To be benefited the most of course you have to spend your time first
At least join the telegram group to know the progress of the token
If you dont want to bother just sell it once it has quite good value

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:14:15 AM

Hello,
the same thing is happening to one of the airdrop i am holding. before it use to be around $120 or higher but yesterday the value fell to  $0.88 and this has not change up till this moment. I think people are really selling their coin and i fear this coin might drop to 0 like some coin have seen recently. I will still wait and see what happen in the next 0ne week to see maybe i will still hold the coin or trade it off. afterall i have nothing to loss
Muhtaixa

Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:17:37 AM

most of airdrops scammy for me, so i refer to sell it as soon as i got them on my account.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:19:44 AM

Airdropped coins are unnaturally getting higher values nowadays, I think it's better to sell them if they have high value and are already listed for more than a week.
defc0de

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:43:09 AM

It depends on the coin you are in. Most airdrop are from shit coins trying to get a quick buck in etherdelta, but fortunately there are legit ones. You just have to DYOR to decide whether to hold or not. There have been a number of XXX coin ETH version of coins going out lately and obviously they're all shit coins (Etherreum Dark, Blue really??), but there are also legit ones like DeepOnion. They are on round 16 out of 40 and the airdrop rules have changed so far to help accomodate new entrants. The previous system for airdrop participants requires around 10 posts/ week to help promote the coin but right now it was dropped to 5, and the application process was re-worked so that it's easier to join. It's a pretty good coin with a large and solid community, great developers and user interaction and most of all an outstanding product. It's geared towards privacy (which is a must in today's government tracking efforts) and a whole lot mroe of features for a secure transaction in the blockchain. I suggest you check them out and decide for yourself. I'm personally rooting for them to be one of the top tier coins in the privacy sector in the years to come.

lakshayhooda

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:54:56 AM

in my opinion you should hold them because 1 out 100 airdrops may become huge like ripple.
ripple was an airdrop and its the 4th largest crypto in the market
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:08:33 AM

The answer lies inside your question itself, SELL. As more rounds of airdrops are conducted, the token gets diluted and expect the price to drop to a valueless amount. So while dealing with an airdropped coin just have one thing in mind: as your investment is 0, sell everything for the maximum value possible and this would most likely be just after disbursements.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:20:59 AM

Hello,

Airdropped tokens are usually going to dumped hard one way or another, especially if they have nothing to offer that is new. I'm not referring to airdropped tokens that are legit such as clams or byteball but rather all the eBTC, eETH etc. tokens here.

Sell them while you still can, unless you really think that the token has a future.

Even Vitalik Buterin said that 90% tokens will fail.
skripsup

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:22:14 AM

Guys, can you share with your statistics of air drops? If it is possible, can you provide numbers? How much did you get from air drops (in USD for example) ? Which air drops?
I have never taken a part in air drop campaigns, so I want to know if it is worthy to join such campaigns and to spend time on it. As I see there are lots of topics about such coins that is why I become interested in them so much. The main thing I know according to your posts is that you do not need to hold such coins, it is better to sell them instantly. Am I right?
Thank you in advance!
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:25:34 AM

If your airdropped tokens has a roadmap or future plan
Just wait until they realized the roadmap
Because, Not all airdropcoin is bad, sometimes the team of the project has a serious development on it

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:26:40 AM

Most airdrops these days are at first the dev will pump his coin and at a later date it will eventually dump. I experience this most and I observe the market. So, much better Sell yours and be wise enough, don't let your emotions hold on to the coins.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:48:59 AM

no reason to hold airdrop tokens because that just shitcoins just sell quickly when it's available in exchanger.
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:54:45 AM

Generally I sell at least half , maybe 3/4 as most of these tokes will never attain a great deal of value. Hold onto a few is not bad though if you like to gamble a bit. I have found this strategy to net me a nice little profit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: