Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin reach $10,000 before the end of the year?  (Read 1350 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:50:27 PM

I don't think so. We're just 2 months away from the end of the year. Going to $10,000 basically means doubling the current price. Not this year, but very likely in 2018. Would be a great new year gift if it really happens, but I'm afraid it'll not sustain and crash immediately after. I would be happier if Bitcoin stabilizes on $5K-$6K for some months before another major bull run. Gotta get myself some more before it happens.

Bitcoin is no stranger to doubling quickly.

The floor-to-floor doubling from $1280 to $2560 took 13 weeks.

From $2560 to $5120 took only 11 weeks (assuming $5120 holds).

At this rate, we are are on track for a $10,000 New Year's.

The last 11 Bitcoin doublings, from $2.50 to $5,120:

LOL this picture makes me realize Bitcoin looks like in a bubble. Forever bubble perhaps? Tongue

The price right now is around $6400. Thats not even close to doubling to get to $10k, just to be clear. $10k from this price is only a 56% gain. That seems a lot more doable than a 100% gain in two months doesn't it!

I was thinking we'd hit $10k in April, but honestly now I could see it happening in January! So I think it is possible it could hit $10k in late December, though I think more likely it'll fall a little short of this and we'll get $10k in very early 2018. This all of course relies on the hard fork not seriously screwing with things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:10:49 PM

Bitcoin price has surprised all of us several times. who knows? But I personally do not expect the price to reach 10000 dollar this year. Because I think we will see a correction in price after coming fork. But I am sure that sooner or later it will happens.
RelBunny

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:35:35 PM

although I guess Bitcoin price will be higher than at present but I do not think Bitcoin reach $ 10,000 this year. increase $ 4000 within 2 months is hard thing to happen

Don't look at it in absolute values (well, not just you, there are many others looking at it the same way). Smiley

They way I like to see it, is that 1 USD is currently worth 0.00016667 BTC.
A month ago, 1 USD was roughly 0.00025 BTC.

So USD lost 0.00008333 BTC in the last month.

Now, in order for 1 BTC to reach 10000 USD, 1 USD would have to be 0.0001 BTC. So USD would have to lose only 0.00006667 BTC of value, which means it would have to lose less value than in the last month. Smiley

The point is, absolute value difference of 4000$ does not really mean a lot. As I already said previously, I also don't think it BTC will reach 10000$ this year, but it wouldn't really require a lot to reach it.
nobody convert dollars at BTC. USD's value fixed figure. We determine the value of a BTC =? $ Because the USD is fixed price, so we know that the price should go up or down

While I definitely agree it's unconventional, looking at USD value in BTC is mathematically the same as looking at BTC value in USD. If more people would look at it that way, more people would realize why BTC is actually very close to 10000$ value.

Also, due to constant inflation, USD is actually losing value more or less constantly, it's certainly not fixed.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I just want to stress out that looking at the same data in a little bit different way can give you a good clue why something could (or couldn't) happen. Or rather, why it wouldn't really be hard for something to happen (i.e. BTC reaching 10k$).
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:38:40 PM

It is really difficult to tell whether the price of bitcoin will cross $10000 by the end of this year,i would not want to see a big fall when the price rises too high in a short period because i have my bitter experience in the past,the upcoming fork will be the trigger to determine where the price will be at the end of this year.
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:39:35 PM

Right now the Bitcoin is above $6,000

$6,220 according to https://www.worldcoinindex.com/
and $6,230 according to http://www.livecoinstats.com/

Will the coin reach $10,000 before the end of the year?
Would be a nice Christmasgift Smiley

What do you think?

Considering the exponential growth of Bitcoin and the price surges within just weeks, it might reach 10,000 USD before or on the end of this year. However, I think that this is doubtful. There will be another hardfork that may cause downtrend or may cause "drama". Also, I am predicting that there might be a build up of resistance on the 7000 or 8000 dollar mark. We won't see Bitcoin climbing every time. Bitcoin will come down eventually.

co0ler

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:42:51 PM

I think it will top at $7500, but Bitcoin is known for surprising us. 10k is definitely possible.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
davey76 (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:00:01 PM

Well, it is $6600 now ... Maybe even higher then 10,000 is possible.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:15:38 PM

What do you think?
Well, we're already in November and we just hit a new ATH today(6591$ @Bitstamp), by the looks of it, we could see the 7k this month, although the hard fork can put a stop to the weekly price increase but not for long. We also need to prepare for the Chinese market, apparently there's  new exchange operating in china called ZB.com, but we have yet to see if it can help to pump up the btc price in the upcoming weeks. I'm not $10,000 is possible this year, but maybe around the 8k? i hope so.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:36:58 PM

That would be great. But I'm expecting some price drop this coming December. For sure some will cash out for Christmas.

dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

I doubt it personally. I expect that speculators are soon to pick their exit ahead of the hard fork, and it will be dumped hard.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:19:03 PM

I don't think so, I think 7.5-8 is feasible, but I think realistically we will finish the year about 7. 10 would be a huge leap, and I don't expect to maintain current levels post fork.

Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:31:53 PM

I don't think so, I think 7.5-8 is feasible, but I think realistically we will finish the year about 7. 10 would be a huge leap, and I don't expect to maintain current levels post fork.
Nobody knows how it will be. Maybe the price will grow, but maybe we are waiting for a big fall. The behavior of Bitcoin is impossible to predict. He refutes any logical argument. Bitcoin reacts to news extraordinary. In fact, we can only guess what will happen. I am very pleased that we live in a time when there was a bitcoin.
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:48:34 PM

I think it is possible but bitcoin reach $7,000 before the end of the year more likely. Stable development, whether this year or next year is also good.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:26:48 PM

I think it is possible but bitcoin reach $7,000 before the end of the year more likely. Stable development, whether this year or next year is also good.

$6,500 now and $10,000 at the end of the year I don't think so that it is going to happen that we will see bitcoin's price getting there. More close that this is going to happen on 2018. We had seen the price movement is positive all of the time but I'm expecting that there will be some dips soon and correction. I'm comfortable that we will be there but for this year I don't think so.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:37:19 PM

$10,000 USD is with in reach by end of this year and it will be more possible if China make an announcement that they will lift the ban on Bitcoin and exchanges. Positive news not fud is what Bitcoin needs to pump the price to $10,000 USD and beyond. Bitcoin was able to recover from the fud that dropped Bitcoin price to $3,800, what more if there is no ban at all.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:59:02 PM

As of kow the price of hitcoin is already 6500 dollars and It will continue to increase morw so if you have extra money in your wallet its betyer if you buy bitcoin today because possible become 7k dollars the price of this month. I think the percentage to happen become 10k dollars the price is 50 percent only.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:00:32 PM

What do you think?
I believe it will have value more than $10,000 by the end of this year. Just remember what happened in 2013. I am just foreseeing the replica. Yes, in 2013 bitcoin managed to test four digits and in 2017, I believe it has all the potential to have values in five digits. By potential I mean the adoption rate. Other than that nothing decides bitcoin's value, right.

We may have prices near $10,000 also. But one thing is sure. Bitcoin will not stop its journey as there is no proper reason for staying calm. So, we can expect more crackers in coming days.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:18:18 PM

Probably not, I expect the top to be around 8500 max, in early December. It will start crashing down to 4000 in January, maybe even lower. 2018 will be an interesting year.

airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:31:51 PM

What do you think?
somehow, maybe yes and maybe not.
But if it really happens at the end of this year, this is a very dramatic spike. If the view from the rest of the time may not be enough, it is now over $ 6000. to find the remaining $ 4000 may not be enough time. but hopefully by the end of this year can achieve it all.
if not the end of year at the latest in early 2018.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:33:21 PM

$6,500 now and $10,000 at the end of the year I don't think so that it is going to happen that we will see bitcoin's price getting there. More close that this is going to happen on 2018. We had seen the price movement is positive all of the time but I'm expecting that there will be some dips soon and correction. I'm comfortable that we will be there but for this year I don't think so.

If bitcoin continue to rise with this pace, 10000$ mark will be not far. But I expect it will surely hit it and too this very year only. Since the demand is steadily increasing with the massive growth in its adoption rate, the more powerful and stronger bitcoin is not too distant. But at this moment everything is unpredictable as anything could happen right now while it can even go higher than my foresight...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: