Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
YES - 25 (21.9%)
NO - 81 (71.1%)
MAYBE - 8 (7%)
Total Voters: 112

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes or No? Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?  (Read 3914 times)
jeanne513lefe

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:46:16 AM

Well, would it be fair if Bitcoin does NOT benefit early adopters? Do you even realize how much risk they undertake during those times when the market is full of uncertainties? Yes, they might have earned more than they should through their bitcoins, but high risk comes with high rewards. Welcome to the investment world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:24:57 PM

Probably yes, its is their prize that they believe in blockchain technology during their time and now they are millionaires but its not too late to adopt since blockchain is in its development stage meaning there are more things can be innovate and that a good thing for us, today's investor of bitcoin because we can also be wealthy using this technology as an asset.

No! i guest i have seen it other way around,we benefit from early adopter's because now we have profound reference from their experience whether gain or lose..
Whenever some new system enters into the market, there are some early believers who adopt that particular system and try to promote it to the other people of their different social circles, now if they got more profit than others, then there is no fault in this because the opportunity came back no one was ready for it. I know bitcoin since 2014 but I invested for the first time in 2017, so why I should have some grievances against those who believed it earlier and got paid, I don’t have any ethical reason to do that.
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:37:51 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 02:40:04 AM by eelectrick

You cannot use the term UNFAIRLY with early adopters. Those people were wise enough to invest at the right time and took a risk which is now paying them off. Apart from that, this market is fair to everyone (unless you get scammed because of your own fault), whether you enter today or entered months ago.

I highly agree, it was never an unfair situation. Early investors took so much risk when they decided to invest and
support bitcoins back then when prices weren't even considered profitable. It was wise and a leap of faith. Nobody
really know back then how bitcoin would perform in the market. Early investors and believers of bitcoins deserve
so much benefit and success, we should give credit and take the story as an important lesson in investment and
an inspiration for us to make our own success stories.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:37:54 PM

Why are you asking this question. If you want to know about this question and want to take decision from me then my decision will no. bitcoin is a very useful coin and it gives benefits to the people fairly. If beginners want to take risk with big amount of money and get loss then will you allegation on bitcoin? You have to make sure that you can control yourself easily if you get loses from this coin. You should know properly about this coin to get profit from this coin otherwise worst thing will come at your future. think about everything before you taking any decision.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:38:00 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 06:38:23 PM by The_Dark_Knight

Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
Of course not, early adopters took a huge risk they invested their time and money in something they did not knew if it was going to be successful at all and now they are reaping the rewards, this is the way economies are supposed to work, some people take the risk with an idea they have, then they make it grow and then they get profits, bitcoin is not an exception to this.
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:46:32 PM

Bitcoin does no
You cannot use the term UNFAIRLY with early adopters. Those people were wise enough to invest at the right time and took a risk which is now paying them off. Apart from that, this market is fair to everyone (unless you get scammed because of your own fault), whether you enter today or entered months ago.

I highly agree, it was never an unfair situation. Early investors took so much risk when they decided to invest and
support bitcoins back then when prices were even considered profitable. It was wise and a leap of faith. Nobody
really know back then how bitcoin would perform in the market. Early investors and believers of bitcoins deserve
so much benefit and success, we should give credit and take the story as an important lesson in investment and
an inspiration for us to make our own success stories.

Yes it is. The only advantage of the early adapters is having more knowledge than the beginners here at bitcoin. More knowledge makes them more superior but it doesn't mean that bitcoin giving benefits to the early adapters.

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:48:44 PM

I think yes Bitcoin benefits early adopters because early the price of Bitcoin was started with 0.10 usd nd if someone bought the coins at that time had make a profit of 100000x in today's times .

Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:34:26 PM

That makes sense. Yeah whosoever have stood with bitcoins at the time of their developing era, those people deserves such high perks and benefits from bitcoins. It is always hard to welcome a newcomer in our community and likewise bitcoins were too young in international market at that time. Such people took huge risks and invested in bitcoins, don’t you think they must be treated amazingly.
The same mistake I have dome that it was hard for me to trust bitcoin when I was new and it is life, but after adoption at the early age people become very happy and satisfied so it is the best thing to invest and hold for the long time, every time can be the early time in bitcoin, but you will have to hold and keep the patience try not to sell it. At this time the price is not very high so better if you hold it and let the price go high, so you will be happy in future for high amount of profit.
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:58:09 PM

This is an old thread but I really have to answer this one.

Early adopters, how do you think they have lived with just cents of equivalent per bitcoin?
Damn, I would have surrendered from that and just get a job.
That is some patience and faith with bitcoin. You cannot get that easily.

If you want you could use a time machine and live a life like them and you will see how hard it is.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

That’s a lie. I know that most of them that invested as of that moment would have sold off. As people buys in, lots of people will also sell off at same time. People who invested at the price rate of $100 likely would have sold off at the price rate of $250 or so, cause they will believe that will be highest rate it will ever achieve as of then. Then those who bought at that $250 likely would have sold off at the rate of $500. That’s how it goes.
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:18:05 AM

This is an irony, those who adopt bitcoin from the beginning earn little benefit, even the inventor of Mr. bitcoin. Nakamoto does not get any benefit, I think it is fair that the most important is for those who succeed with bitcoin then donate to the inventor of bitcoin.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:54:49 AM

Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
No.  Because it does not matter if your early or late in bitcoin. As we know some of those who were early on bitcoin also had big lost and some who are late made millions already. The thing is, it depends on how you utilize bitcoin to earn profit.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:57:44 AM

Does Google unfairly benefit early investors?

60659 📦
buy-it

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:15:28 PM

We need to be very reasonable in this regard. Are these early Adopters not the home based Subscribers who had made Bitcoin golden for us to be part of. No one should hereby raise any Eye brow as to why they are earning Big from Bitcoin. Alas! These people are reaping the fruits of their labor. And there"s nothing bad about it at all. So, its just like getting reward of your Goodwill. So, very fairly to me are the benefits accruing to them by Bitcoin.
icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:10:08 PM

Many could start and be just as early investors but the fear of many stopped and those who took a chance got a good profit
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:22:20 PM

Maybe no. Because noone knows in the past that bitcoin will valued this much. And not all early adopter don't hold their bitcoin. I think only those who people who hold their bitcoin till now have benefit much.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:38:20 PM

Why unfairly? They didn't hurt anyone to get their Bitcoins as early adopters. They just enjoyed their chance as pioneers. The opportunity was there, Bitcoin wasn't so interesting on that time, but anyway these people believed its power and received their reward for it as we can see now.
In my opinion that was a very fair deal.

I agree. I think that it's their choice during that time, and it just so happened that it came out profitable for them in the long run. Who would have known that Bitcoin would prosper and be this valuable. I mean, the great Bitcoin myth of this man who bought a box of pizza for 10k Bitcoins would have actually known that he wasted millions of dollars worth of asset by doing that. I think for the early adopters, it was just a big leap of faith that turned into something big. That's why many people regret not venturing in the market early on, but in the end, it's not something to be regretful about because who can really say, right?
paynercash

Activity: 392

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:45:46 PM

Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
In my opinion, your opinion is not correct. Bitcoin buyers are early adopters who have the skills to analyze and grasp the market trends. They have bought BTC since the new BTC, they hold until today and they deserve the benefits that BTC bring. It is not too late if you are a truly talented person, hold on to an altcoin that you believe will grow in the future so that you will not regret it later on.

bluebits
Copper Member

Activity: 72
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:35:04 PM

The initial emission scheme is part of Bitcoins fatal flaws. It should have been slow when starting out and much faster when POW was higher and usage was way up. Approach it from simple principles, why would the world voluntarily pass off huge amounts of wealth to early adopters? There is nothing in BTC that can't be trivially replicated or improved upon. Only speculators hoping for a bigger sucker will pay them off, and there is a limit to how many new ones appear. If BTC is the worlds currency then some sysadmin who mined a bunch in the early days gets to own California?
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:40:32 PM

That's all fair. Anyone could have benefited from that. Those people believed in technology and spent their money on it so they kinda helped it evolve and get accepted. Plus, many early adopters lost their bitcoin and a great deal of those who didn't, sold them too early. And it's all fair as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: