Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got the email few minutes ago.. [XBOX ONE] PRE-ORDERS ARE HERE  (Read 1096 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:16:14 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 07:38:23 AM by maco

I've been apart of the Microsoft Store AFF. network for about a year or so now.
I thought I'd let you know about this email that was sent to me about the XBOX ONE PRE-ORDER launch.

I get instant updates about whats going on with Microsoft, and when a new product is
about to hit the market.. Before the launch happens, and when its time to let the public know.

Here's what the email looks like:

Bitcoiners, are you planning on picking up the XBOX ONE?
If so, you have the chance to get in early and pre-order one now.

Want more info about it?
Find out more directly via Microsoft Store: http://smarturl.it/xbox-one

Yes, that is an affiliate link  ^^ I can earn commission if any pre-orders come from it.
The email announcement was really sent to me, so I am just showing you all that too.

Let's discuss XBOX ONE.
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:18:02 AM

No. Thank. You.

Couldn't pay me to take one.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
maco (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:19:35 AM

It's nice to have competition and choices. You get to decide what to buy or not buy. Awesome!

No. Thank. You.

Which game console would you prefer buying currently on the market?
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:32:43 AM

It's nice to have competition and choices. You get to decide what to buy or not buy. Awesome!

No. Thank. You.

1. My hand-built PC with some awesome graphic cards (formally BTC miners).
2. Xbox original with mod. Hard drive full of games.
3. Board games

(No NSA phone-home boxes in this house. Wink )

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:23:02 PM

No. Thank. You.

I wouldn't want any console. I'm in PC gaming much much more.

maco (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

haha same. I got a lot going on with PC gaming as it sits.

No. Thank. You.

I wouldn't want any console. I'm in PC gaming much much more.
maco (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:34:59 PM

ANYONE get in on the action?
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:46:04 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 08:49:02 PM by moni3z

Xbox one sucks

No way to sell, borrow or buy used games as greedy M$ publishers demanded to lock out any side markets
No backwards compatibility with 360 games
Xbox live is still not free
If your internet goes down for 24hrs they blacklist the console
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:56:10 PM

No. Thank. You.

1. PC
2. PS4
3. Sega megadrive
4. Rock
5. Xbox One

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

Xbox one sucks

No way to sell, borrow or buy used games as greedy M$ publishers demanded to lock out any side markets
Selling, borrowing or buying used games will be possible - MS has said so.

As for the requirement to connect to the internet, it's a few KBs once every 24 hours.  If your internet goes down for more than 24 hours, just tether your phone for a few seconds.  Surely not fatal?  The benefits are no disc swapping, access your full game library from anywhere and share your game library with your family.

Xbox Live is not free, true, but it's always been that way for what, 12 years?  Sony have finally clocked on and are charging now.  At least this time, MS is offering some serious infrastructure (dedicated servers, etc).

Not being a PC gamer, I only have positive things to say about Live.  It has been rock solid for years.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:10:20 AM

Xbox one sucks

As for the requirement to connect to the internet, it's a few KBs once every 24 hours.  If your internet goes down for more than 24 hours, just tether your phone for a few seconds.  Surely not fatal?  The benefits are no disc swapping, access your full game library from anywhere and share your game library with your family.

Xbox Live is not free, true, but it's always been that way for what, 12 years?  Sony have finally clocked on and are charging now.  At least this time, MS is offering some serious infrastructure (dedicated servers, etc).

Not being a PC gamer, I only have positive things to say about Live.  It has been rock solid for years.

You can use pre owed games yes, but there is a fee involved.

Requirement for internet? In fact the Kinect is going to be online whenever the console is, therefore it eats up the bandwidth, microsoft quoted "If you can't afford good download speeds, you can't afford our console" or something like that.

Xbox live has charged, but there's a difference. You REQUIRE internet, least you had a choice before. You will have to pay for live, and any other media (music subscriptions).
Internet goes down, what if my phone doesn't work or don't have a phone? So hang, for the new xbox I need good internet, pay for online & have a phone with decent bandwidth? Wow, I'm going to hit $1000 for this crap.

Microsoft charges for what ever they can, specific hard drives, music and online.

Are you concerned about you're privacy with the Kinect? it watches you and listens to you...
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:54:24 AM

Affiliate link. Be careful
FeArZ

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:20:20 AM

I have to say I have been loyal to Microsoft for years, but the way they handled the xbox one is ridiculous.  For someone like my cousin who just plays offline because he has other expenses,  I guess he is just supposed to miss out on next-gen gaming. And he cant tether his phone its a old sprint flip phone. Then the insult of oh "the offline device is a 360" really Microsoft. Im sorry to say but sony will get my business and display its awesomeness in 4k for my eyes. Until or if microsoft get there logical thought back.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:23:22 AM

I have to say I have been loyal to Microsoft for years, but the way they handled the xbox one is ridiculous.  For someone like my cousin who just plays offline because he has other expenses,  I guess he is just supposed to miss out on next-gen gaming. And he cant tether his phone its a old sprint flip phone. Then the insult of oh "the offline device is a 360" really Microsoft. Im sorry to say but sony will get my business and display its awesomeness in 4k for my eyes. Until or if microsoft get there logical thought back.

I have a few friends and family which aren't exactly poor, but 'tight' with their money. If it's not worth it to them, them they won't pay for it. Same goes for me I suppose, I rarely play online if I'm honest. I'm into games like fallout & skyrim.
maco (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:40:03 AM

You are right. I fixed that part so others know.
There isn't anything wrong about the affiliate link,
but the email was really what I received from them.

Affiliate link. Be careful

Thanks for letting other know, I did edit it to make sure I stated that.
maco (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:41:00 AM

What part of it did they handle poorly or in your words 'ridiculous' ? It seems fine to me.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:54:13 AM

Do you play on anything besides Xbox?  If not, it's easy to see how you can translate "Has to be always connected" into "Oh, it's just a LITTLE bit, and you could just tether your smartphone if you really needed to", instead of "What the fucking fuck, that's completely unnecessary and limiting."  On PC, you do what you want, when you want to, play however you like, never have to touch the internet if you choose not to (but naturally you will, since the Internet is good), no extra cost for the privilege of using the Internet (though I'm sure you can soften having to pay for a gold account to use Netflix, too), severs are always free and great as they are, and the only extra cost paid is when games specifically need them, and, since you can build with however you'd like, it's unlikely you'll run into such problems as the red ring of death (several times in a row, in some cases.)  Oh, and you can go ad-free on PC, at no extra cost.  On the topic of 360, it's literally embedded into the OS.  Since Windows 8 is the same way with its preinstalled apps, I have no reason to believe the Xbox One will not have ads.  And if you're ok with ads, or all of this, surprise: you're a tool.

The next generation of consoles will be computers in drag.  As will the next one.  And the one after that.  And the one after that.  You may as well just get a normal computer.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:11:12 AM

No. Thank. You.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:16:13 AM

PC gaming master race.  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: