Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin up Altcoin down | what is your trading strategy?  (Read 1945 times)
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:24 AM

Bitcoin prices are getting more expensive and the price of altcoin is getting lower.
For you altcoin traders, I want to know how the strategy you are using in the current situation. Let's share the experience here.
Your answer is greatly appreciated.  Wink

Earlier,altcoin holders sold them to buy bitcoins so that they could get access to free BTG coins and so altcoins prices fell down and bitcoin price increased.

Soon after hard fork,it was expected that bitcoin holders after getting free BTG coins would just sell their bitcoins and once again buy altcoins.So,altcoin price was expected to increase.

But what happened was totally opposite to prediction.Bitcoin holders continued to hold their bitcoins sinc they would have that that very soon,after 5 days another hard fork might happen due to segwit 2x activation and so to claim another set of free coins,they felt comfortable to hold bitcoins itself.

So,i feel better to stay away from altcoins,atleast till the next possible hard fork.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:28:43 AM

Store more bitcoins and hold the other altcoins, days to go that altcoin price will be back to normal, just hold it and for bitcoin, buy now and wait until safezone
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:39:35 AM

Everytime the same thing won't take place. Right now bitcoin has got a momentum to grow high. There is nothing certain about the tomorrow's growth. We can just make speculations based in the market. An diversified investment helps in earning good unlike the ups and downs of specific assets.
Estehmanis

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

While altcoin I hold first and waiting for the altcoin ride back
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:49:12 AM

Store more bitcoins and hold the other altcoins, days to go that altcoin price will be back to normal, just hold it and for bitcoin, buy now and wait until safezone
Same, my strategy would be calm, hold my altcoins when the btc price up. Usually the best solution when we see red zone in altcoins will hold and wait for the price to go up. Normally in altcoins we expect it will pump and down.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:54:48 AM

Same, my strategy would be calm, hold my altcoins when the btc price up. Usually the best solution when we see red zone in altcoins will hold and wait for the price to go up. Normally in altcoins we expect it will pump and down.

I too have some dent coins ICO tokens when I got in the pre sale time. I waiting longer than 2 months to see the price change in the chart. If the value arises I will sell it out. Altcoin investors always facing this kind of situation like when and where to sell because we cannot able to say what is the price today or tomorrow. If that amount of investment in bitcoin I think value changes in the two months make big value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:26:47 PM

I too have some dent coins ICO tokens when I got in the pre sale time. I waiting longer than 2 months to see the price change in the chart. If the value arises I will sell it out. Altcoin investors always facing this kind of situation like when and where to sell because we cannot able to say what is the price today or tomorrow. If that amount of investment in bitcoin I think value changes in the two months make big value.
              For some traders they tend to panic easily and then just instantly sell when bitcoin begins to rise. Some of them just wanna ride bitcoin for more profits, while some also are taking advantage at the low prices of altcoins and tend to stock more altcoins, i even do this kind of tricks while i was reserving some funds in my wallet just in case for bitcoin when it rises.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:35:53 PM

Bitcoin prices are getting more expensive and the price of altcoin is getting lower.
For you altcoin traders, I want to know how the strategy you are using in the current situation. Let's share the experience here.

This scenario is not new to me that most of altcoin cryptos is having a red days again. It happened so many times before and for sure there will be more red days to come. I am fine and calm sitting in my couch and wait for my token that i HODL to pump again in the right time. I never sell my altcoins unless im having a profit from my capital of my investment Smiley

Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:26:05 PM

I do not have any strategy, sometimes this just happens without preparing a good strategy to trade, sometimes the strategy we use actually provide harm to us. I think not to listen to others because the best strategy is our own strategy. like yesterday I just waited for altcoin down to reach saturation point then I bought xrp with all my money, not so long the price came back and exceeded the price of the purchase.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:16:05 AM

My business strategy is to wait for altcoin prices to decrease,I will buy into. then wait for the bitcoin price to drop, atlcoin price increase i will sell out and buy bitcoin. that's my my business strategy
This interchanging is so profitable, believe me if you are little interested in it and mainly, you can manage them better too. If this can happen, I will advise you to go for this. Your profits will be shoot up more than even single working in bitcoin trading.

Although it is little difficult to manage but hard things will give your hard profit. Make your life better with such monumental strategies.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:25:05 AM

Sometimes patience has an end.. So if this will not work,, holding for a long time maybe it’s time to sell my altcoin that has been decreasing positions this past few weeks.. Investing on bitcoin after is the main goal now,, more bitcoin means more profit and more free coin in the coming fork and after sold Segwit2x coin and buy bitcoin again.. That’s more of my pattern since bitcoin cash..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:46:10 PM

My own strategy was simple. And i believe most of trader use the same. While Bitcoin was in peak price and seems to get dump, Convert your Bitcoin to altcoin with a good marketcap like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Ethereum  classic. I wouldn't suggest to convert your bitcoin into bitcoin cash, cause it seem follow the bitcoin price movements. After the bitcoin seems to rise again, you should convert your altcoin aset, back to bitcoin, and sure you'll see that your bitcoin amount was increase. If You success with this, it will be better than just hold it long term.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:14:45 PM

There is no strategy ,I  mean can't you see they have already been cornered by Bitcoin ? When you are backed against the wall,you can't do much but hold with false hopes.
Bitcoin holders fortunately don't have to face that situation since it's logical again to keep values in the coin which is recognised and not manipulated by the pump and dump groups.
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:20:26 PM

My own strategy was simple. And i believe most of trader use the same. While Bitcoin was in peak price and seems to get dump, Convert your Bitcoin to altcoin with a good marketcap like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Ethereum  classic. I wouldn't suggest to convert your bitcoin into bitcoin cash, cause it seem follow the bitcoin price movements. After the bitcoin seems to rise again, you should convert your altcoin aset, back to bitcoin, and sure you'll see that your bitcoin amount was increase. If You success with this, it will be better than just hold it long term.

Yes it's better to trade altcoins now than to hold it because there are many times that Bitcoin pumps that encourage the investors from the other altcoins to move their funds into Bitcoin because Bitcoin become profitable now than altcoins and it is good to join the flow of the market.

ahasan909

Activity: 244

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

I especially believe that and I always see that when BTC pump, then all Altcoin fall down. And also when btc down then Altcoin again also down Huh

when btc stable then altcoin pump. it is my strategy. so I am holding my all altcoin when btc up and down.
N0ssi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:15:52 PM

I usally buy more and more alts during such a dip. I buy little portions every day securing the cheapest price.

Also, trading vs. tether with little % profits works good.

Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:26:23 PM

I especially believe that and I always see that when BTC pump, then all Altcoin fall down. And also when btc down then Altcoin again also down Huh

when btc stable then altcoin pump. it is my strategy. so I am holding my all altcoin when btc up and down.

that will be difficult to combine that movement, Sometimes the movement will be changing instantly that depends on the market trend itself. Buy the dip will become the best way to earn the more profit in this time rather than follow the altcoin against the bitcoin trend.
cryptowilie

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:35:46 PM

My tradng strategy is based on technical analysis and fundamentyal news. i basically trade altcoins then convert those profits to bitcoins since the price of bitcoin is usually stable in the longterm

Parabellun1917

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:52:54 PM

guys at me all money beat in altcoins, and all has sunk in 2 times after bitcoin growth. What to do? wait?
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:16:55 PM

Yes it's better to trade altcoins now than to hold it because there are many times that Bitcoin pumps that encourage the investors from the other altcoins to move their funds into Bitcoin because Bitcoin become profitable now than altcoins and it is good to join the flow of the market.
Investing and trading into altcoin is very risky because there are not that much people who are known of altcoin the only know coin is bitcoin so go for it, it gives you surety of profit and it will never let down its investor whereas market of altcoin is down and it will take a lot of time to rise whereas bitcoin is moving toward its peak so go for it and earn a lot and don’t invest into altcoin because their popularity is null.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: