Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin up Altcoin down | what is your trading strategy?  (Read 1945 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:00:44 PM

My own strategy was simple. And i believe most of trader use the same. While Bitcoin was in peak price and seems to get dump, Convert your Bitcoin to altcoin with a good marketcap like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Ethereum  classic. I wouldn't suggest to convert your bitcoin into bitcoin cash, cause it seem follow the bitcoin price movements. After the bitcoin seems to rise again, you should convert your altcoin aset, back to bitcoin, and sure you'll see that your bitcoin amount was increase. If You success with this, it will be better than just hold it long term.

Yes it's better to trade altcoins now than to hold it because there are many times that Bitcoin pumps that encourage the investors from the other altcoins to move their funds into Bitcoin because Bitcoin become profitable now than altcoins and it is good to join the flow of the market.
Investing and trading into altcoin is very risky because there are not that much people who are known of altcoin the only know coin is bitcoin so go for it, it gives you surety of profit and it will never let down its investor whereas market of altcoin is down and it will take a lot of time to rise whereas bitcoin is moving toward its peak so go for it and earn a lot and don’t invest into altcoin because their popularity is null.

On the contrary, there are lot of altcoin traders here so I don't know where you get the idea that there are not much people who are trading altcoins. But I have to agree with you saying that bitcoin is a better investment as compare to altcoins because the price of bitcoin is exponentially growing but some altcoins just died naturally. And most altcoins except for the top 5-10 are just purely for Pump and Dump.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:25:51 PM

Bitcoin prices are getting more expensive and the price of altcoin is getting lower.
For you altcoin traders, I want to know how the strategy you are using in the current situation. Let's share the experience here.
Your answer is greatly appreciated.  Wink

For now? I stay away from alts. Why not just ride this btc rise if you're thinking about profits. Its less risky now than trading with alts though i also took this opportunity to buy some alts at a low price. This is for holding until the market goes back to normal

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
risatrakib

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:11:12 PM

I am facing this problem right now . I am an altcoin trader . I had never seen altcoins price fallen like now . I am holding all of my altcoins right now . I will not sell any of my coins until its price is stable again . I think holding is the right option for us right now

justyeah

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

Bitcoin prices are getting more expensive and the price of altcoin is getting lower.
For you altcoin traders, I want to know how the strategy you are using in the current situation. Let's share the experience here.

I sold to bitcoin and now waiting for the fork. Will get some alts later.
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:43:18 PM

Maybe I continue to hold my altcoins. I think altcoins will recover after the fork. I will sell altcoins at that moment

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

I think I will focus on the altcoin with really low price, basically, when btc price up, the price for altcoin will down, and some coin will suffer serious crisis, and it will touch the bottom of the coin, so this is the opportunity to catch those trading chance. I make a lot of money from this strategy, so  I decide to design algorithm to do such things.
Kanahide

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:32:30 PM

Simple answer: use the chance to gather more altcoins when you had not have the chance before. Such times where stuff like this happen im always happy to have this oppurtunity and gather much much more coins.
Dont worry about it, the altcoins will always get back up.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:05:17 PM

Previously I will install 3 buy orders, where I will enter the purchase price when the coin falls on 20-30%, the second I will enter the purchase price 50% when the coin falls and the last one I will enter the price 90% When the coins fall, I do to play fast
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:14:27 PM

Would it be smart now to trade all your altcoins for bitcoin now?  The issue thought is it would be very hard to 2x your money with bitcoin.

I mean imagine a coin is 3 dollars.  Would you put that money in that coin to try to 2x it?  Or do it with bitcoin where its hard for the price to increase that much?

You hear people say invest in bitcoin.  Well most people do not even have the money to buy even 1 bitcoin because its so expensive.  So if thats the case, isn't altcoins the answer if you want to make big profits?  Because unless you are buying a lot of bitcoin... which requires lot of money, I don't know how investing in bitcoin can make you lot of money if most people can't even buy 1 of them.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Bitcoin has been doing very well since last month and altcoins get dump and some of them may find it very difficult to recover from the current down fall. Many of the coins has lose over 50% and some of them keep going down without hope of raise and I think the right thing to do now is to hold only bitcoin untill after the sigwith2x activation. I believe after the sigwith2x and bitcoin splitting we would experience a corrections in bitcoin price that will cost fund flowing to altcoins markets.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 09:23:51 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 09:36:42 PM by Bagaji

Your answer is greatly appreciated.  Wink

Any time Bitcoin value increase there is always a tendency that altcoins will decline in value and that is what we are seeing at the moment. In most cases I buy more of altcoins whenever Bitcoin is increasing in value because there are very cheaper when Bitcoin value increase and sell altcoins when the revise is the case.
Jurski

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

Invest most of capital in good long term coins, less risk, less nerve-racking. Save some capital for pump n dump cases and short term trading
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:44:59 AM

I am facing this problem right now . I am an altcoin trader . I had never seen altcoins price fallen like now . I am holding all of my altcoins right now . I will not sell any of my coins until its price is stable again . I think holding is the right option for us right now

Good. I'm also a altcoin trader and it really pain to see altcoin going red and dropping fast in the last weeks or so. I decided not to sell and take the lose, would rather hold because I'm waiting till this segwit2x is completed. Money today is on the bitcoin market that's why there is a exodus of altcoin traders to bitcoin. But I speculate that once the segwit2x activation is completed. Those hard core altcoins trader will simply go back to where they all know where the real money is. For now we can't do anything but to watch our altcoins suffered a bleeding. But you need patience and wait till after November 16. Altcoin sections will explode. So better buy them right now because the price is so cheap.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
newelllamo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:34:09 AM

When bitcoin price is down/up altcoins price will be down, when bitcoin price is sideways/steady altcoins will be up. With this basic principle always watch out on the bitcoin price forecast. But if you are a long term holder of alts then this will be not the case. Suggest put your investment on solid alts that can easily recover when the bitcoin price normalize. Also learn to have stop/loss in your trading platform to avoid heavy losses to the point that you can't bailout because of heavy losses. Just buy back after correction.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:17:45 AM

Undoubtedly, Buying Bitcoin is my choice now.  Cheesy. Bitcoin will go up for several times, I don't wanna miss the chance.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:20:25 AM

When bitcoin price is down/up altcoins price will be down, when bitcoin price is sideways/steady altcoins will be up.
I don't agree. Bitcoin and altcoins are like two people that are both seated at both ends of a see-saw. When the bitcoin price rises, the chance is that the price of altcoins will fall , and when the bitcoin price falls, altcoin prices start to rise. In most cases, when the bitcoin price is steady, there's no much movement in the price of the alcoins.

With this basic principle always watch out on the bitcoin price forecast. But if you are a long term holder of alts then this will be not the case. Suggest put your investment on solid alts that can easily recover when the bitcoin price normalize. Also learn to have stop/loss in your trading platform to avoid heavy losses to the point that you can't bailout because of heavy losses. Just buy back after correction.
Also, you can't classify any altcoin as solid or weak, since cryptocurrencies are volatile that one day, the price of one of these altcoins might fall. The best thing to do is don't move out your investment in bitcoin. It is a good idea to hold bitcoin for long time. At the same time, invest a separate money to altcoins. Diversify your money to different altcoins. In this way, you can avoid, or at least minimize, your loss.
Phillip_Olamide

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:47:23 AM

I'd simply say you spread out your investments in all: altcoins and bitcoin. When dealing with alts, one should be more prudent so you don't end up with shitcoin. More sooner than later, the right alts would come back up.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:52:58 AM

Luck strategy. Opening the trading website at the right time.
I have experienced a lot of bad luck recently when I am late for the trade.
When I se at the trade history there have been a lot of sold coins that I support which are in better prices.
So now I want to see where I could go when I base it with that. I dont have the time to monitor it every minute for I have work so I will try that strategy.
kamotharnn

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:53:35 AM

There are many strategies here. Holding bitcoin is one of them. Just hold bitcoin and exchange it to another altcoin when it hit the new peak. And wait for bitcoin to go down and sell all of your altcoins to bitcoin. Keep repeating until you x100 your balance. I have tried it and it do really work. But I have just only x2 my balance
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:24:13 AM

My tradng strategy is based on technical analysis and fundamentyal news. i basically trade altcoins then convert those profits to bitcoins since the price of bitcoin is usually stable in the longterm
This is best way to trade. I also keep up with various sites that do help to become updated about the recent activities involving currency rate changes as well as any recent news about the technical analysis of different digital currencies. First one must trade in terms of altcoin and then convert all the profit earned into the most stable currency that is bitcoins.

As trading is more vulnerable to losses therefore altcoins are better option for this purpose having a value of only 0.001 percent of single BTC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: