Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant - feedback since 'relaunch' ?  (Read 2152 times)
vom (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:46:23 PM

I've used Bitinstant in the past to both buy and sell - and had a positive experience every time. 

I now have created an account on the relaunched site, but haven't done any new transactions.

I'm curious as to anyone's experience so far - specifically with ACH transfer (bitcoin -> ACH deposit) ?

Since they are US based, this adds a service to the (short) list of US based folks who do ACH to US bank accounts.  I plan on using this in the near future, but wanted to see if anyone already had and any feedback.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:22:10 PM

Stay Away!

ClusterFuck is the word that comes to mind.

Day 3 and still no funds.
vom (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:04:17 PM

Hmm, that's a shame.  Like I said, I have had a positive experience with them in the past.  Hopefully it's just growing pains due to the relaunch and we will get some updates from those folks on what's going on.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

gonna be watching this thread and I hope they get things sorted bout because like the OP i've had all positive experiences in the past, can't beat their convenience factor
gektek

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:03:11 PM

gonna be watching this thread and I hope they get things sorted bout because like the OP i've had all positive experiences in the past, can't beat their convenience factor

Was using http://coin2pal.info but they have been down all month. Supposed to come back today but no word so far. In the mean time I had used http://coingator.com but they are down now too. So went to my fallback of BitInstant and their site hasn't worked since its redesign so now I'm ALL the way back to the super slow but always reliable http://coinbase.com
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:12:29 PM

New orders are currently running as normal, we had some orders which failed when the new site first launched and this caused a backlog we've been working through.
gektek

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:22:39 PM

New orders are currently running as normal, we had some orders which failed when the new site first launched and this caused a backlog we've been working through.

I JUST went to your site and I am still being presented with an "internal server error" message. The same thing I have gotten all weekend...
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:25:05 PM

I JUST went to your site and I am still being presented with an "internal server error" message. The same thing I have gotten all weekend...

A few debugging steps:

1 - clear cookies and cache
2 - try another browser
3 - open a support ticket at http://support.bitinstant.com and include your IP address and some rough times (including timezone) you got the error at so we can investigate

Feel free also to grab hold of me on skype - username garethnelsonuk - that way I can directly debug the problem and help you out.
gektek

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:30:39 PM

A few debugging steps:

1 - clear cookies and cache
2 - try another browser
3 - open a support ticket at http://support.bitinstant.com and include your IP address and some rough times (including timezone) you got the error at so we can investigate

Feel free also to grab hold of me on skype - username garethnelsonuk - that way I can directly debug the problem and help you out.

Ya...my bad on that one...I did once but then it boo boo'd again right away so thought it was the site. Just re cleared everything again and seems to be fine. I think there 'may' be an issue with your new site and Chrome...or I could just be an idiot...its happened before. As long as I have your attention though...why no more BTC-e coupon codes? Sad
technomancer

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:47:43 PM

We are experiencing problems with one of our partners....    Still not working.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:29:35 PM

Yeah, mine was one of the failed orders. I requested a fee refund through the support email form, and got this response:

"Hey there, thanks for contacting Customer Support.

I'll add your issue to the list for fee refunds. Sorry about any inconvenience we may have caused.
Best,

Alyssa
Customer Service Manager, BitInstant "

What is the expected outcome from this? When/how will the refunds be issued?

Thanks

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:06:13 AM

is it just me, or is it not possible to sign up since a couple of days?

And where is the option to transfer funds from MtGox to Bitstamp? Or is this option only for registered users?

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 07:01:35 AM

Bitinstant scammed me for $500

I sent 6 x $500 bank transfers through zipmark. They have all cleared my checking account. Bitinstant only transferred 5 transactions. They refuse to send my final 5 btc. I WANT MY BTC! And no longer replying to my emails either.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246725.0

RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

Their support has been very unresponsive lately.
I haven't got any replies to my ticket for more than a week already. $300 stuck.
neil_mccauley

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:27:00 PM

No reply and no coins for 3 days.  Stuck in the Pending stage.
Support Case #24656
Order #7f85eab5-2246-4a9e-a760-b78f9a8a9917

hate_the_face

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:08:33 PM

what is happening to this website? they are becoming way to open about shit and just a hassle to deal with in general.

what happened to the days of no registration and 1 hour transactions?

wtf bitinstant
Soak

Activity: 213

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:10:13 AM

Please keep the possibility to withdraw from BTC to PayPal as a guest (or at least with a registered account, but when I try, that say to me I need to be guest but the guest feature had vanished Roll Eyes)
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 03:02:19 AM

At least once you make a fuss, customer service is amazing. Getting my refund soon hopefully

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:06:39 AM

PS PLEASE remove the mtgox widget in my account. It freezes my browser for about 5 minutes! And that's on a wicked fast computer.

Am I the only one Huh

Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:51:48 PM

I Made a withdraw through ACH on June 28th and it still says pending. This will be the last time I ever use their service, Coinbase is more reliable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: