Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x to dump or not to dump  (Read 756 times)
lodyman (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 101

if you need help , drop me a pm

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

It's clearly that S2x fork gonna change the things a lot
The price of BTC is skyrocketing and by the mid of nov i think it will reach 10K at least

but as a small holder .. what do you think we should we do ..

should we dump it for some BTC as BCC or should we hold it as the "NEW THING" ?!!

This shit is getting me confused

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:29:18 AM

It  depends on the case if S2X price will go down after the hard fork. But maybe the same with Bitcoin's hard forks that their existence is to push Bitcoin more

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:44:04 AM

The price of BTC is skyrocketing and by the mid of nov i think it will reach 10K at least

should we dump it for some BTC as BCC or should we hold it as the "NEW THING" ?!!

Don't dump your bitcoins.Hodl them and wait till everything settles.S2x fork is way more serious then BCH fork was so i would be personally hodling onto my BTC even after the fork and will observe the free market.If S2x has the same fate as BCH i will be sure to dump it any price i get but i wouldn't dump the BTC(bitcoin core) version in any case because i personally believe in it only to succeed Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:47:53 AM

Best option is to wait and to see how things will play out. This fork can be potentially much more harmful than with BCH fork. There is a slight possibility that the majority of the miners will go with the 2x. Also the "replay protection" is not what it claims to be.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 08:50:09 AM

Trying times. I guess the only option is to keep them both. Wow. This is crazy!

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:53:43 AM

Personally I will not be dumping. I agree with others, with these things its always better to wait and see how things pan out. Some people like to dump immediately, now these are the people that need to be extra careful this time around. I would wait 7-14 days before fidling with your bitcoin wallet. I like to take extra precautions. After the bitcoin cash fork people lost a whole lot of money because they were rushing to claim as if the coins will magically disappear.
Masterio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:00:28 AM

Personally I will not be dumping. I agree with others, with these things its always better to wait and see how things pan out. Some people like to dump immediately, now these are the people that need to be extra careful this time around. I would wait 7-14 days before fidling with your bitcoin wallet. I like to take extra precautions. After the bitcoin cash fork people lost a whole lot of money because they were rushing to claim as if the coins will magically disappear.

You're waiting 7-14 days for the price to stable and then decide whether if you're dumping or not?
Also, based on what you decide to keep/ or dump it?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:05:16 AM

People understood that hardforks with chain split is a free to get free money. If you see a price decrease before the fork then It's a manipulation and has nothing to do with people panic selling. I expect people to buy now to get 1:1 B2X and then the price will even increase further after the fork as everyone will be dumping it for BTC.
rytyr

Activity: 473
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:05:33 AM

After the bitcoin cash fork people lost a whole lot of money because they were rushing to claim as if the coins will magically disappear.
It wasn't that they would "disappear", it was the overall hysteria that they will soon worth $0 so everyone wanted to cash in as fast as possible.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:12:51 AM

I think there will be heavy dump in both bitcoin and bitcoin2x price after this fork because there is no another fork in near future so people might pull out huge profit from this massive bull run we have on bitcoin from starting of this year.

Price of bitcoin might plumped to < $5k by 2018 and remain on that zone for few months before another surge starts.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:15:13 AM

B2X fork is just another free easy money for Bitcoin hodler. I personally would dump B2X immediately as soon as I got them. On the recent BTG fork, I sold it on 0.07 meaning I got an easy 7% rise on my Bitcoin balance. My target for B2X would be at 0.1-0.15BTC/B2X, considering the B2X futures price is currently at 0.18 on HitBTC.

I just couldn't see all these fork coins become the main chain, replacing the original Bitcoin. Primarily because of the lack of support. Services using Bitcoin as a payment would have no reason to switch to B2X. They would also be required to do many things, which also possess some risk of losing their Bitcoin. I'm sure most people see these forks just as an easy money making event.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

if SegWit2x turns out to be another of these forked coins like bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold then only in that case the best strategy is going to be selling the new coins on exchanges as soon as possible, even holding some bitcoin on exchanges could work. because most people will dump it and there will be an initial drop at any case. so selling first would be a good idea.

then there will be pump and dumps as you can see in bitcoin cash these days which makes them profitable to trade like all the other altcoin pump and dumps.

Buying the dip...
csnmf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:17:03 AM

I'm going to be holding and waiting to see what happens. I'm not seeing this as free cash and seeing it a lot more seriously so I'm not going to try to pick a winner between the two and will hold both until things become clearer.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:19:22 AM

Why would I dump? We ve seen these issues several times before, BTC life threatening situations. Each and every time BTC came out on top.

Read a bit my friend and control your fear.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
coiner495

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:21:47 AM

Sorry guys, that might be a dumb question, but how do I technically sell S2X if I don't keep my coins on exchange. How do I transfer my S2X to an exchange without impacting BTC?

lodyman (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:28:49 AM

Trying times. I guess the only option is to keep them both. Wow. This is crazy!

It seems like i'l go with that option for now ..

i'm still studying the charts from previous forks and it's effects on BTC price
although i didn't even cashed out BTG and never will  

lodyman (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:36:37 AM

Why would I dump? We ve seen these issues several times before, BTC life threatening situations. Each and every time BTC came out on top.

Read a bit my friend and control your fear.

I don't have a tiny bit of doubt about the future of BTC itself it will always be the top crypto .,

but segwit2x might rise as well and reach good highs in the future ,
i'm confused about dumping right away or hodling and probably i'll be hodling for some time

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:37:06 AM

If there is any fork that would make waves even beyond the ones that have come before it, its SegWits and the expectation is really high. This is a fork that Coinbase is declaring support for even before launch while those one that have launched are still being subjected to reviews. This shows that the impression is going to be massive and I see it going above the roof with the benefit coming along with it. On whether to drop or not, I think that will be a personal decision afterall its going to be a free money if you are not interested in trading but if not, its going to be hard having to buy it all over again.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

... small holder
... confused

if you are a small holder and are confused about these things the best course of action is always to transfer your bitcoins in cold storage like a paper wallet and wait these things out.

you are holding small amounts so you shouldn't really worry about any money loss. for example 0.01BTC would have given you 0.0007 BTG at best which is not even going to cover the exchange withdrawal fees!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:04:30 PM

You should probably hold. Blockstream CEO Adam Back thinks that it[seg2x] wouldn't have much value (trading at 14% of the current price of bitcoin) and will probably die by its own hand--seems reasonable as most traders would just dump it as soon as they get their hands on it and jump back to bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: