Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Manage Airdrops?  (Read 1099 times)
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:13:06 AM

Recently watched a documentary film about the currency. There was a guy who had a lot of bitcoins on a laptop) You know what he did? He threw it away! When the price soared to the skies, he ran to the dump as wounded in the ass, but it was too late. At such moments, you think: "I'm not the only such loser")

blogardianz (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:16:24 PM

Don't trust airdrop tokens and don't think to hold the tokens for a long time .because they have no scope . Try to sell them when you feel the amount enough for you.

Yeah, i agree with you, sometimes many new tokens don't have any great roadmap or scope. They only update site, whitepaper and wallet apps. Nothing special.

Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:26:15 PM

Don't trust airdrop tokens and don't think to hold the tokens for a long time .because they have no scope . Try to sell them when you feel the amount enough for you.

Yeah, i agree with you, sometimes many new tokens don't have any great roadmap or scope. They only update site, whitepaper and wallet apps. Nothing special.
I think once the developer already earned the token it will likely drops the price. Yes, it is hard to trust and believe that the airdrop you received will become the price becomes high.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:43:32 PM

Hi All,

Quick question from newbie. How do you manage your airdrops? Did you sell it immediately? Do you sell half of it? Or just hold it until reach big exchanges?

Your answer is highly appreciated. Thank you.

It depends entirely coin to coin but overall most coins I aim to sell some initially if the value is good and hold a portion until it reaches bigger exchanges or until certain landmarks in their roadmap are achieved.

Crasengover

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:00:34 PM

I don't see any reason to HODL airdroped coins, because most of them are just made of air and don't have any real value. So in most cases the faster you sell them the better. Though, usually such coins are made just to be pummed, so sometimes I manage to sell them for x2-5 or even higher prices. I use Blockfolio to get alarms when a coin is pummed.
Just a bit of statistics for October:
Coins got - 67
Coins sold - 18
Total value = 1,745 ETH

So I should say that some airdrops can more profitable than bounty campaigns Smiley

omerchip

Activity: 268
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:53:05 PM

I think i'll be wait till they become a bitcoin value Cheesy i am kidding but i dont want to sell my tokens from 0,001 usd.they are worth for holding

SrujanPanuganti

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:22:46 PM

Most airdropped coins never reach high prices, because devs are usually really incompetent and there's no real project/product behind them. There are few notable exception like eBTC and others, but are a minority. My suggestion is thus to sell as soon as they get listed on exchanges.

Yes EBTC is a very good coin with good developing team behind it.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:35:51 PM

Hi All,

Quick question from newbie. How do you manage your airdrops? Did you sell it immediately? Do you sell half of it? Or just hold it until reach big exchanges?

What i do is keep it all as long as i can. But when families meed help financially, i just go and get small portions of my bounty coins and get the only the exact amount that is needed for the emergencies that may occur.. so yeah, that is what i often do with my bounty received tokens.
gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:46:45 AM

Hi All,

What i do is keep it all as long as i can. But when families meed help financially, i just go and get small portions of my bounty coins and get the only the exact amount that is needed for the emergencies that may occur.. so yeah, that is what i often do with my bounty received tokens.
I sell it immediately..anyway its a free coin..nothing to worry about..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
justinelee

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:48:25 AM

I think i'll be wait till they become a bitcoin value Cheesy i am kidding but i dont want to sell my tokens from 0,001 usd.they are worth for holding
dirgayeah

Activity: 868

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:09:42 AM

Some of airdrop have a good team , best future planning behind them. So to manage it just hold them. Check their progress on community. Usually developer use telegram for give info to the participan. And if the airdrop have been voted and registered to some exchanger, Im very sure the price of the airdrop become BOOOM. If you got that moment sell all you have.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Oasisman

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:17:13 AM

Hi All,

No, I dont sell any of it immediately. Airdrops is a free token we didnt rendered any service or invested fiat money into it, so why not HOLD it and put our hopes for a great exchange value.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:31:46 AM

Hi All,

I am a HODL guy when it comes to coins even it  is coming from an airdrop. My decisions are always firm to hodl these coins no matter what. I have and iETH and iBTC (for example) which i received from an airdrop and just look at it while its market value rises giving me about 180$ but now it plummets to about 50$ only. That's ok because that's the nature of hodling coins because i believe its market value will rise again for a better profit.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:38:28 AM

Honestly most coins that airdrop are junk, but you never know. Unless you have a significant amount of bitcoin or ethereum, to therefore have large airdrops, it's really not worth the headache about worrying about this too much. Simply let it happen, and maybe once a year login to see if any of the coins are worth anything. The ones that look like duds, transfer to an exchange, and sell.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

Hi All,

No, I dont sell any of it immediately. Airdrops is a free token we didnt rendered any service or invested fiat money into it, so why not HOLD it and put our hopes for a great exchange value.
You don't sell any of the coins because the price is too low to sell or do you actually have a purpose for not selling those free scam coins?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:07:38 PM

Hi All,

Of course, everything depends on the project! But usually most people immediately sell their coins received from airdrops which makes the coin value cheaper. Usually, little money is allocated for airdrops to lure people to the project. However, there are still projects like Viuly. They use airdrops to distribute 55% of their tekhens. Perhaps they should not be sold immediately. In any case, an individual approach is needed everywhere! Wink

APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:43:22 PM

Why not manage airdrop coins the same way you manage the coins that you have bought with your own money? Research about the project and hold if you believe in it or else sell them.

Luther omega

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

For me to manage the airdrops is better to retain the coins untill got high value.
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:54:25 PM

For me it depends on the coin. Right now, cybermiles is doing an airdrop and I plan on holding onto it for a while.
Luther omega

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:01:24 PM

For me to manage airdrops I prefer to keep them to my wallet. Anyway they came in free is better to retain the coins untill got high value.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: