Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ICOs everywhere, What's your take on them?  (Read 819 times)
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:00:10 AM

The problem that they are trying to address and the team. If these two are good, one can take a shot.

Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:02:32 AM

Hello,
Edited my message

What makes you support an ICO ?
Thanks.

Obviously you would want to try and avoid the most obvious scams.

If you don't do your own research and due diligence before investing and you get scammed, then it is really your own fault. ANd there is absolutely no shortage of scams out there at the moment. Every week there is news of an ICO going scam or whatever.

If they contribute positively to community of cryptos and actually has something to offer then you can definitely consider investing. Otherwise, skip and pass.
parekoy

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:06:56 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:18:32 AM by parekoy

ICO explosions everywhere. Most of them are fake just to make fast money, some have really great ideas but just a few can be a great investment, its very difficult to choose the right one.

Even if there are already too much ICOs or thousands of them are already in the wild but I still do believe that some ICOs have good future and people will somehow realize that not only Bitcoin has the right to increase its value.

parekoy

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:15:46 AM

The problem that they are trying to address and the team. If these two are good, one can take a shot.

That's the reason why Altcoin can hardly pumped and Bitcoin is already in the moon. If only people would choose Altcoins as their short-term investment then surely Altcoins will follow Bitcoin's footsteps.

pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:20:11 AM

I think Ideacoin is gonna be pretty big. Could easily go 5x. You can sign up here: https://ico.ideacoin.co/invite/Pikachu

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:34:00 AM

Actually I have never been very confident in this type of business, and generally I have only offered my support to receive a bounty but rarely invest in these businesses, because according to what I have seen in this forum, the vast majority of them fails to obtain the adequate capitalization and everything remains in a failed project. Only if I see a lot of information about that ICO coming from reliable sources could I decide to invest some capital.
lamby

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:30:38 AM

Yes there are way too many ICOs right now
 But there are some good ones among them. Problem is there isn't that much money in crypto to cover them all.
 I will always point out icon icx for example as a good ICO. And you can also checkout the signature am wearing for a good one presently
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:34:36 AM

Hello,
Edited my message

What makes you support an ICO ?
Thanks.

Obviously you would want to try and avoid the most obvious scams.

If you don't do your own research and due diligence before investing and you get scammed, then it is really your own fault. ANd there is absolutely no shortage of scams out there at the moment. Every week there is news of an ICO going scam or whatever.

If they contribute positively to community of cryptos and actually has something to offer then you can definitely consider investing. Otherwise, skip and pass.
The main hindrance on this stuff is that we would really find it difficult on researching the potential ones considering on the number of ICO do almost launched on everyday. Community is being flooded by ICO even on the senseless ideas they trying out to create waiting for the devs to see that theres a spark or interest on those projects but knowing people or investor they are now clever and wise upto these day. Being scammed cant be avoided but i would say it is much lesser compared into the past.
parekoy

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:12:19 AM

I think Ideacoin is gonna be pretty big. Could easily go 5x. You can sign up here: https://ico.ideacoin.co/invite/Pikachu

But not only ideacoin but all other cryptocurrencies in general is affected by this growing numbers of ICOs. ICO is tolerated and not being regulated by governments so nobody can stop ICOs on keeping it growing.

JLCoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:49:45 AM

You can do your research. Make sure that the founders, advisers and employees listed on the team are listed on the team. Which companies and industries did they work in before? Does it make sense in terms of the industry that they are planning on entering into?  Does the project make sense? Is there an actual advantage to the project bring launched on a blockchain vs regular internet? Does their plan make sense? Do their projections make sense? Who are their backers? Even then it's a big gamble, as most fail
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

Ideacoin is going to sell out tonight! Only 1.5mio coins left at time of writing. It is gonna go 5x after ICO. Sign up here: https://ico.ideacoin.co/invite/Pikachu

btcbandit007

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:55:28 AM

ICO
http://www.bitcoingrowthbot.io/#register?mwr=5946-fe5c13d8
I will be buying into this ICO> the whitepaper looks good> and it has some good hype from a SOLID YouTube crypto investor.
ICO starts DEC 1st!

Bitcoin Growth Bot: Lending, Staking, Trading, Platform 2.0
Lend Stake Trade The first lending program with a transparent volatility trading bot. The Bitcoin Growth Bot brings in real returns creating constant demand for Nucleus Coin (NCL) in turn causing the token to…
BITCOINGROWTHBOT.IO

ICO news and all things CRYPTO!! JOIN my group to chat about trends...good bad ugly Smiley                  
I also have links to ICO's and will have all the latest news soon Smiley                  
https://www.facebook.com/groups/146796339295457/?ref=bookmarks                  
I will be doing a random BTC GIVEAWAY this month to all members!
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:50:58 AM

If an ICO has a good whitepaper and roadmap, and the team is solid and are willing to maintain and support the community and project itself, then it would be a good reason to continue supporting ICOs
zchprm

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:12:43 PM

It makes the market healthier because there is many competitions but beware of some because there's a lot of scam ICO.

Subb0

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

I think you should look beyond the ICO and at the technology or any partnerships to see how it would work and not just a quick buck.
ICOtoINVEST

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Most of the ICOs are not profitable to anyone. While I say most of them are not good, but still there are few ICOs which are linked to a real life business. When a new company decides to list in to a stock market, they offer their shares through IPO which is Initial public offering. But in real life stock market, we have regulators who ensure that the company is already an established one and they have registered profits since last three years (in my country). But the ICO is a method through which a company raises funds for their upcoming ventures. So they want to raise fund for a business which is yet to come and doesn't exist now. So the risk is very high.

China has already banned ICO and Canada government has already started cracking them down. Which looks like a proper step to me. If it can't be regulated now, it will become a ponzi market and people will start loosing big amounts of money. Invest in ICO but make sure they have a legal business to back them up.
All this is very true, ICO's are infact more now than in the past.
Some random Devs create the ICO and know they can make some money and run off with that money and leave the Investor penniless. Acts like these justify the reason why Countries like China and Canada are clamping down on ICO's or ending the program all together!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: