Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty?
Yes
No
50% in ETH and 50% in tokens

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty? (POLL)  (Read 2543 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:22:34 PM

Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50% in ETH and 50% in tokens?
I think that bounty campaigns paying ETH directly is nice, but I think paying 50% in ETH and 50% in tokens is better. It will be convenient not only for the bounty participants but also to the developer as well. It will benefit developers since the dump that will be caused by bounty participants would be lessened and at the same time, bounty participants does not need to worry about fees when transferring to and from ETH wallet to exchange.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:22:21 AM

I would rather choose ETH if I see that the project is not going to be that profitable in the near future. You don't hold tokens for more than a year thats absurd. Lol

But if I can see profitability in a year or less why not hold half tokens and receive eth?
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:03:55 AM

Payment with their token or coin is the best but the only negative effect of that is the hunter dumping their tokens or coins. Though not only hunter does that many ico participants also dump their bonus. I prefer payment in their token in full.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:50:52 PM

Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50% in ETH and 50% in tokens?

This is good but it is impossible to happen because the ICO are promoting their own altcoin too in which they should promote their token more in order for them to be known that is why some ICO are giving their token for free in we called this air drops. They are using the ethereum but limited to platform only so that investors could easily trade at the cheaper price.

Thanks for your opinion. You know, a few bounty campaign examples of 50\50 already exist, probably the founders of these projects found this solution beneficial. Likely that this approach may be even more effective influence on the promotion of the token.

residivis

Activity: 443

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:08:42 PM

if in my opinion if the token and eth price is very far is not fair if such a process is done because it can harm half of the work of the participants bounty.sebab eth very much berberbeda with the price of the tokens.
that's my view.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:40:29 PM

Hey, guys.

For me it is much better to pay in token than direct eth, it is because there is a big instances that the token can multiply the value more than 5x  than to be pay at eth at once.
Mizan007

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:45:03 PM

Payment with their token or coin is the best but the only negative effect of that is the hunter dumping their tokens or coins. Though not only hunter does that many ico participants also dump their bonus. I prefer payment in their token in full.
If direct payment in ethereum for bounty it is not good for new altcoin. Because everyone get eth so they do not use new token or coin .
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:52:59 PM

Hey, guys.

I think it would be great to pay in ETH for all the project that do bounty campaigns. A lot of investors are scared about good bounty payout and a huge dump after the ICO!
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:30:23 PM

Hey, guys.

p.s. If you know similar examples, share please in the comments Smiley

You are absolutely right. I couldn't agree more. Payments should be 50/50. Half etherium, and half of the token they are promoting or lesser. I don't know, but as long as it has etherium it will be great. Because this ensures value for the people who work for the project. At least if the price doesn't go up, the participants still receive the amount of etherium that they deserve.
kemet jr

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:05:22 PM

I vote No. Developers have the intention to have their token made known and be circulated for it to gain traction. They will still be able to get a lot of bounty participants even if they don't pay on eth. 50 - 50 is more of an advantage to the bounty campaigners i guess.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Bounties are generally in place to help raise funds for prospective coins so that they can develop and then market secure, stable, working product.

When a bounty campaign begins the project generally has little to no funding.  What the developers do have are tokens which hopefully will be worth something someday.  They can't offer ETH because they don't know if and how much ETH will be raised but they can offer their tokens.

This is very similar to traditional startups who offer equity to initial employees. 

Now later, either after raising money or the coin gains, they obviously can and do fund development in other ways.  By this time the bounty campaigns are generally long over.

Ask yourself:  would you rather be offered tokens which may end up worth a lot or a little or told "we may or may not give you ETH for your work depending on whether we raise enough or not"?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:59:38 PM

The best thing would be to give half of the bounties in ETH and half in the own issued tokens. This way perhaps the bounty hunters would not run to dump their tokens immediately.

josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:28:26 AM

what the investor feels if the money they invest by taking risks directly distributed to bounty participants.
50% eth 50% token just make hassle when distributed with a lot of participants
Argoo

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:48:44 AM

Of course, I would like to pay for participation in the generosity campaigns to get an ethereum, and not cheaper, and token, but I think that this is impossible. To do this, you need the team to spend money, which they will not have. The whole point is for them to pay the tokenies they create.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
tradingcryptocoach

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

it will never be happened ..else owner will become beggar
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:26:46 AM

Hey, guys.

ICOs will never do that, like what's the use of having ICO anyway? When you want is to pay you with eth.
Of course they're advertising their tokens and if they will pay us using their tokens we can help them to have a good coin circulation like when we dump it and if we decide to buy back again. And you know that their tokens can still be sell for eth.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:34:48 PM

I suppose it is better to pay for Bounty with tokens, and most projects offer exactly this way of payment. However, ETH payments are also possible — probably not 50/50, but something like 80/20.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:16:22 PM

Hey, guys.

I prefer 50-50 payment. that way we will have both, and after that, we can exchange them according to the price we want. of course, we will be many different opinions. many people choose only by getting payments with tokens and some who want to get paid by ETH. it all depends on everyone.

Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:15:00 PM

it will never be happened ..else owner will become beggar

..and they will starve to death Cheesy Are you seriously?

chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:18:53 PM

In this case, i want be fair enough. I would suggest 50% in ETH and 50% in tokens as bounty hunters also should understand that money belongs to somebody else meant for investment purpose. I still see that would be the great way to bring in more participants for campaigning and make the ICO's more succesfull. I also feel ICO's become popular because of of healthy campaigning in place , so the devs should atleast think about paying some amount in ETH for motivation atleast.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: