Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty?
Yes
No
50% in ETH and 50% in tokens

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty? (POLL)  (Read 2553 times)
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:32:58 PM

I agree with those who say yes. But from a practical viewpoint. I doubt devs would ever agree with this. It won't be profitable for them. Remember those bounty tokens can help raise the price ether. However their own tokens are usually over priced. So they are worth much less than ether. It a definite win for them and a possible loss for us bounty hunters.
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:29:32 PM

I also support for this kind of bounty poll that pays eth because it is already a practice of some bounty campaign now they paid less eth and some project tokens in order to encourage more participants to join their bounty campaign.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:34:42 PM

I think direct ether payment is good for the bounty hunter. It will guarantee that you get paid in a spendable currency immediatelly and the transactions will be smooth between campaign manager and the participant! All the question raised/sometimes unneccssary questions) will be eradicated and everybody will be happy!
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:38:24 PM

absolutely yes maybe its fair for those who spend their  time helping promote coins in that way those who join the bounty have an option to buy the coins or convert their eth to cash and avoid also dumping their coins when it open in trading Smiley

Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:40:41 PM

It would be a lot better for us as we would not have to wait for the token to recover, however, this will have a huge negative impact on all ICOs

man1975asc

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:41:35 PM

If ETH and BTC payment they can avoid immediate dumping.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:58:25 PM

well as a bounty hunters I will like to recieve payment through direct ETH but I dont think this will goal well with the ICO because it will be hard to pay everyone with ETH and also use the remaining ETH for the project. apart from this getting token as bounty Hunter is sometime profitable because you cant tell if the token hit the market and the price rise. this will be a double gain for bounty participant offer if the token get dump then reverse is the case.
Saone

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

If bounties would be given only as ETH then there would be way too big of a gap between the product and the intentions of spreading the message about it.
Ponylon

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:09:37 PM

it shouldn't be the case, really. The most money that is to be made in bounties, is when the value of the coin appreciates (of the project itself) there isn't much pontetial for ETH (short-term) and we'll lose a lot by not being directly invested in the project we are trying to support during the bounty campaign. Besides that, that's how it's done in most companies, they get shares of the company itself and not of another company! So it doesn't make sense to get paid in ETH while working on another project, don't think that makes sense.
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:13:36 PM

From the vantage point of a bounty hunter it would be best to get paid in ETH, because then you would only have need of just one ETH wallet and wouldn't have to down and install all of those alt coins wallets, of some you even lose sight of, forget them and they get lost. But from the point of the alt coins creator this would also lead to less interest in their coins after the bounty campaign, less traffic of their coins etc. Besides, people in it just for the bounty are gonna dump the alt coin anyway, so the moment it arrives on an exchange server they dump it and can get their ETH. This way at least they perform some traffic for the alt coin.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:14:30 PM

I do not support direct payment in ETH simply because the profit and how it change depending on the season can be a big factor specially who chase income from bounty. Tokens are very useful when used in exchanges and equivalents in ETH because it helps both parties if some circumstances happen.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

I also support for this kind of bounty poll that pays eth because it is already a practice of some bounty campaign now they paid less eth and some project tokens in order to encourage more participants to join their bounty campaign.
yes they allowed many users and pay less but its still a good catch especially when we are just doing some easy task and there's corresponding btc
amount in an eth value, if everything will be save it can be a huge value after trading it to btc.
Dahman El_Harrachi

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:37:39 PM

seriously dude! i think the bounty hunters don't do anything useful to help projects to get more funds, they only do some shitty posts retweets and shares, and now they wanna get paid in ETH, that's funny  Cheesy
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:43:10 PM

Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50% in ETH and 50% in tokens?
Funds raised are to develop the project not to give handouts and it wouldn't make much sense if the paid out bounty participants with ethereum which is the money form the token sale money...besides paying in their own tokens is a form of marketing on their end.
But then again some projects choose to pay both their tokens and eth or btc so it all depends on how the project chooses to pay.
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:55:32 AM

seriously dude! i think the bounty hunters don't do anything useful to help projects to get more funds, they only do some shitty posts retweets and shares, and now they wanna get paid in ETH, that's funny  Cheesy

Sorry, but your opinion is far from reality. Of course, participants don't provide raising all investments, but to say that they are useless isn't true. I support the fact that in cases of 50% ETH payment, the requirements for participants should definitely be increased. It shouldn't be a hunt for freebies, but quality support for projects that you like and that take you. Personally, that's how I feel about it and I provide quality support, not shit tweets, etc.

dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:07:52 PM

I think everybody will want if they paid with ETH.
especially in some bounty for whitepaper translation. 
To do a perfect translate (not using google)  it very wasting time and energy.  And i suggest maybe be in the next ico the translator will paid with ETH.  Or 50 50. Because they need operational fund to do it. 

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:31:23 PM

It's good to be provided with options.
Why not?!
It all comes down to the bounty operators and whether or not they agree to this!
Should we all join forces and demand this?
 Huh
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:39:28 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 11:06:56 PM by Crumple Cat

It's good to be provided with options.
Why not?!
It all comes down to the bounty operators and whether or not they agree to this!
Should we all join forces and demand this?
 Huh

I'm ready for the putsch Grin
In fact, this isn't necessary in this situation, since the projects themselves will gradually come to this. There are already several good examples.

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:05:09 PM

It would be a lot better for us as we would not have to wait for the token to recover, however, this will have a huge negative impact on all ICOs

In such case, don't you think that option 50/50 on the contrary will have the huge positive impact on the ICO ecosystem?

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:58:32 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 04:19:28 PM by Crumple Cat

Thanks to everyone who voted and expressed his opinion.
According to the results so far, 83% of voters support payment options in ETH and 50\50

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: