Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:28:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty?
Yes
No
50% in ETH and 50% in tokens

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty? (POLL)  (Read 2553 times)
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:58:08 PM

I think the decision should depend on the participants. The participants in the bounty should have the option to choose whether they will be paid in ethereum or with tokens or with both. Yes you're right, they raising millions in token sale and the bounties are the reason behind their success, so it is just right to compensate the participant properly. If they pay directly with ethereum, it would be convenient and hassle free for the participants but sometimes the value of tokens increases, so it would be best if the participants are the one who gets to decide.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:58:29 PM

I voted "Yes", I think bounty managers might give this option.
Anyway ICOs spend a lot for marketing and paid ads, so why not to pay for bounty participants with ETH?
Hasmukh_rawal gave a good example of LIVETREE (I'm also taking part in this bounty, but of course not because of 50/50 option and even not because of generous and nice bounty campaign, but because of interesting project).

For most projects it's probably easier and cheaper to pay out in their own tokens.
Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:13:43 PM

For most projects it's probably easier and cheaper to pay out in their own tokens.

Definitely easier but not cheaper. If the project is successful and the price of tokens raise several times - then it turns to be more expensive.
And the ICO team should believe in project and therefore be sure that the token price will be higher.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:33:06 PM

Since most ICOs have not enough funding to run the project but to make a win-win situation between the ICO companies and the bounty campaign workers it is better to have an 50-50 option to be fair enough. 
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:47:40 AM

Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50 to 50?

Yes, I support the idea of paying bounty campaign participants direct ETH because of the huge promotional work they do to bring the various projects into successful completion. Because many paid tokens have low market value at the end of the ICO which might not be of great benefit to the bounty campaign participant after spending time and money to support the project. Thus payment should done in ETH direct. Thanks sir.

HOMT

Powered by,
_MrTuyul404

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:16:43 AM

I think it's fair if bounty is paid with ETH instead of using a token, because in addition to avoiding the dump on the token in question, bounty participants can also buy the tokens with the ETH they get and that will help the token price rise Grin

dRAIH

Activity: 380

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:44:02 AM

for me may be better and more elegant if all bounty campaign is paid using ETH,because it is more simple and easy to exchange. but besides that, ICOs might prefer to pay bounty with their tokens, to balance their market.

Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:41:31 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 10:50:56 PM by Crumple Cat

I voted "Yes", I think bounty managers might give this option.
Anyway ICOs spend a lot for marketing and paid ads, so why not to pay for bounty participants with ETH?
Hasmukh_rawal gave a good example of LIVETREE (I'm also taking part in this bounty, but of course not because of 50/50 option and even not because of generous and nice bounty campaign, but because of interesting project).

Yes, this is a wonderful example with LiveTree. And it may be that at the end of this bounty campaign you will select only project tokens if the ICO turns out to be successful and you will see the real growth of the project and the token perspective. Is it possible?

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:00:59 PM

So it turns out that bounty campaigns and crowdsourcing are synonyms.
I participate in bounty campaigns on Bitcoin Talk and I participate in crypto crowdsourcing (co-creation) on Crowdholding platform. Against the backdrop of our discussion here, Crowdholding also raised the question of the payment model for the crowdsourcers\co-creators (bounty participants). And I, as well as in this discussion, left my opinion in support of the right of choice for participants (50%\50% or 100% in projects tokens), which according to my conviction is the most rational and useful solution for the ecosystem and its participants.

Here you can check the links to this interesting and informative discussions on Crowdholding platform:
https://www.crowdholding.com/project/68/task/299/what-is-a-crowdshare-learn-and-discuss
https://www.crowdholding.com/project/68/task/302/would-you-like-to-see-other-tokens-on-our-app

And by the way, if you join these discussions you can earn their coins (YUPIES) for your meaningful feedback Smiley

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:15:23 AM

I do go with the management of the bounty team, because some make their own plans of circulating tokens through the participants. Some used to have a thinking of providing the investment that has been gained directly. Maybe there might be small earning variation between the both, that doesn't mean big.
Sand King

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:24:40 AM

Yes i do support direct payment in ETH for bounty because we all know that not all token will pay for us after the campaign is done will have a directly high value on the market, in that way we will wait for long until it will have a high value before we can sell it, but if the payment in bounty is we will be ETH it will be more easy for us and not more complicated unlike in paying tokens.

Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:48:08 AM

Yes of course I can support direct payment in ETH for bounty because it is more simply and easy exchange in to the market
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:54:25 AM

I think it is much better to receive the bounties in Ethereum, but sometimes, token's price is raising than the usual price it states in their whitepapers or in their threads. But most of the time, token's price dumps after a month the ICO has finished.

jlanzago

Activity: 266

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 02:59:18 AM

I wouldn't mind, although the whole point of bounties is to honestly support a project you personally like, so I would actually prefer to be paid in those tokens. I only do bounties of projects I really believe in.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:02:27 AM

I strongly support campaigns with Ethereum payments. Makes it easier to transact around (faster and lower fees) so it's a win win for the campaign manager and the users helping advertise it.

There should be atleast be an option to choose between Eth and Btc (or any other token)

Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:05:13 AM

Since most ICOs have not enough funding to run the project but to make a win-win situation between the ICO companies and the bounty campaign workers it is better to have an 50-50 option to be fair enough. 
That's the best idea for a campaign in order to attract bounty hunters though the disadvantage of it will be lesser funds collected compared to purely alts payment.
As long as the ICO is good and lots of people in the community contribute to it, i think the 50-50 way of payment for campaign is good Smiley

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:19:38 PM

Direct payment may look appealing but a token paid by quality ICO might worth 5 to 10 times of ether paid as bounty at the end of the campaign
It is rare for campaign to pay you $500 most often than nor you may end up with $500 or more when the token hit the exchange.

Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 05:41:27 PM

Yes, this is a wonderful example with LiveTree. And it may be that at the end of this bounty campaign you will select only project tokens if the ICO turns out to be successful and you will see the real growth of the project and the token perspective. Is it possible?

You can also take part in LiveTree campaign, if you don't take part yet. Well, for signature campaigns they accept Full Members and higher, but you can join social media bounty.
As I understood after ICO they will have the right to buy half (50%) of tokens they provide for bounty. So they will decided it and might use the ETH which they collected during ICO.
But in details I would be able to tell you after the bounty campaign is over.

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:47:01 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 02:53:32 PM by Crumple Cat

You can also take part in LiveTree campaign, if you don't take part yet. Well, for signature campaigns they accept Full Members and higher, but you can join social media bounty.
As I understood after ICO they will have the right to buy half (50%) of tokens they provide for bounty. So they will decided it and might use the ETH which they collected during ICO.
But in details I would be able to tell you after the bounty campaign is over.

Yes, thank you, I'm probably joining the Twitter campaign. And of course, it would be great if you shared your thoughts on this here by the end of this campaign! Or maybe you will also meet another project with a similar approach, then also share this here please Smiley

update: Still, I can't join, because Members are not allowed into the Twitter campaign. In general, this is an example of selectivity and it's good, but in this case it's better to do based on the real quality of the Twitter profile, but not judging by the rank on Bitcoin Talk.

A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:26:15 PM

Yes, in most cases (especially ICOs) I support it. Tokens often lose a significant part of their value after ICOs or are not available for trading for a long time. Of course, there are projects whose tokens rise in price several times, or projects offering interesting and promising coins as a reward (as in my current signature), but they are rare.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: