Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YOUR TRADING STRATEGY  (Read 1558 times)
jisokoo (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

Hello all,
I am starting to day-trade on the crypto market and I was wondering what was your strategy?
For now I am just starting, I use MA, S/R levels, Fibs and RSI mainly.
What about you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

I'm looking also for a clearer and shortest explanation as to how is fib ret/ext being analyzed in lay mans term possible. Could someone lay it out here? Would be much appreciated Grin

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:49:35 PM

My personal trading strategy, or should I say investment strategy, is for a long run kind of investor. I am not a very active trader because I choose to be more conservative to lessen the risk. With that, in the future since I am just starting, my strategy would put my money into different cryptocurrencies that I believe will spike up in value and price in the future (1 year or so to be exact).

And also, the trading strategy that could also apply to all is to have both fundamental and technical analysis. You need to balance everything and know both the external factors like the news and updates and also the movement of the graphs. This is what I learned in stock market trading which is kinda similar and can be applied in Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency market.

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:26:03 PM

My trading strategy would just be looking for coins that I expect to rise and buying them, and then holding them for a long term. You can always try hanging around the speculation portion of the forums for information (although not always correct information) and always be sure to do your own research.

If you’re looking for more fast paced trading then I’m not really your person for advice.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

Hello all,
I am starting to day-trade on the crypto market and I was wondering what was your strategy?
What about you?
My trading strategy is very simple and yet really effective. I only trade with coins which have a very high trading volume to ensure liquidity if my assets. This is the most important thing to look for in the coin you want to day trade.
Second, i only buy those coins which i think have alot of potential to grow in future. The crypto market is very volatile and anything can happen so if you choose wisely, you can also recover your trading loss by holding a progressive coin.
Fib ret (Fibonacci Retracement) is a tool used by many traders to choose the right coin to trade and you can easily use them to find a better coin. They basically use horizontal lines to indicate areas of support or resistance. You can refer to http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fibonacciretracement.asp for better understanding.
Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:09:06 PM

Hello all,
What about you?

I don't look for indicators for my trade.

I make sure ETH is between 250 and 300 dollars, so that it's a safe band to trade it continuously.

The same for bitcoin, if it's in between 5k and 6k dollars, it's safe to keep trading it. Try to find ban zones like that.
jisokoo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:35:52 PM

Hello all,
What about you?
My trading strategy is very simple and yet really effective. I only trade with coins which have a very high trading volume to ensure liquidity if my assets. This is the most important thing to look for in the coin you want to day trade.
Second, i only buy those coins which i think have alot of potential to grow in future. The crypto market is very volatile and anything can happen so if you choose wisely, you can also recover your trading loss by holding a progressive coin.
Fib ret (Fibonacci Retracement) is a tool used by many traders to choose the right coin to trade and you can easily use them to find a better coin. They basically use horizontal lines to indicate areas of support or resistance. You can refer to http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fibonacciretracement.asp for better understanding.

Thanks for your answer
Do you use other indicators? You choose a coin that has potential to be able to hold it long term in case it cause down? So you don't put stop-loss?
jisokoo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:51:44 PM

Hello all,
What about you?

I don't look for indicators for my trade.

I make sure ETH is between 250 and 300 dollars, so that it's a safe band to trade it continuously.

The same for bitcoin, if it's in between 5k and 6k dollars, it's safe to keep trading it. Try to find ban zones like that.

Thanks for your answer.
So how do you choose your entry/exit point? Do you put stop-loss orders?
jisokoo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:59:06 PM

My trading strategy would just be looking for coins that I expect to rise and buying them, and then holding them for a long term. You can always try hanging around the speculation portion of the forums for information (although not always correct information) and always be sure to do your own research.

If you’re looking for more fast paced trading then I’m not really your person for advice.

Thanks for your answer.
Do you have a particular technique to choose which crypto you think are going to rise?
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

I have several years of experience in the trading business, and I must admit that the altcoin market seems especially difficult for me to perform a proper analysis following traditional methods. Therefore I have only focused on investing in traditional cryptos to hold them in the long term. Sometimes I invest in new ICOs but only small amounts that I can afford to lose.
Masterio

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:28:39 PM

I'm just investing in coins that I believe in and wait a while. After the price has reached to a point that I feel is enough - I just move them to bitcoin.

I'll keep doing this untill I have enough Smiley
jisokoo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:03:01 PM

I have several years of experience in the trading business, and I must admit that the altcoin market seems especially difficult for me to perform a proper analysis following traditional methods. Therefore I have only focused on investing in traditional cryptos to hold them in the long term. Sometimes I invest in new ICOs but only small amounts that I can afford to lose.

Thanks for you answer.
Isn't ICO even more risky? How do you choose ICOs to invest in?
Cheers
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:35:03 PM

in fact it's very noticeable that visitors to this topic are much more numerous than those who give an answer. This indicates that no one will provide you with a real identity. But everyone goes for the same information, with which I would like to earn with pleasure.
Toniooo

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

My personal trading strategy is to all in in shit coins. The more shitty it is the best it is. And then I ask my rich uncle to invest in it because it is the future. And I sell.
Easy profit.  
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

Hello all,
What about you?
Now that BTC price is passing previous all time high and keeps on beating the recorded all time high, expect that altcoin holders will start dumping Alts in exchange for  Bitcoins. For day traders its a nightmare because you have to pick the one that you think will maintain its price or will at least climb a bit. There are Youtube videos about RSIs and look at the articles posted by Investopedia.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:32:47 AM

Hello all,
What about you?
My trading experience is only looking for coins. This coins also choose my personal opinion. Because we do not predict the which coin will good future. So I was analyse which crypto is raise in current market. This is the main strategy of buying and selling. Some coins are long term investment. Because it will help for my children future and my family status

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:38:38 AM

Hello all,
What about you?

Depends on the coins that i am trading. I always split my money into several coins that i think have future. Sometimes im going for a long term trade when i see that coin is very active and have potential for a bigger value in the future. Sometimes im going for a short term trade when i think that the coin that i am trading is only a hype.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:31:19 AM

Sometimes technical analysis does not work in crypto trading because the volume of cryptocurrency still small than other market like forex and stock, And I prefer to use and learn fundamental analysis, buy some coin that has strong in fundamental and hold it a few month and choose some altcoin that paired with USDT.

BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:02:17 AM

I use fibo and waves obv. But I use more news trading then technical analysis. I search for the major public events or new big updates for the projects. I try to buy the rumor and sell when expectations is gone.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:39:53 AM

My trading strategy is just buy on the deepest price( oversold), this strategy is easy to use if we extra patient. Patient is key of success in trading. And in my experience in trading, some technical analysis some times does not work in altcoin trading so cut loss strategy also will help to minimize risk and to reduce the lose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: