Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:43:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you ever convince or encourage someone to invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 4904 times)
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:32:01 PM

I talked with some friends and family about the potential of a bitcoin investment. I have advised them to read, document to better understand the bitcoin. People are not very open to new and very suspicious when talking about money.

When it comes to investing money. There is always doubt about what we offer to them and it's because they know the risk. They know they will lose their money if some bad things happen once they get in. I don't encourage my friends and families around me. If they want to get involved with this. They must have a strong personality and not to blame me or the other people that encourage them to do so if they experiences loses.

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Well for me yes i did.I suggest few of my friends and family members to invest with bitcoins.
First they were listening my words but when they come to know that bitcoin is a risky they lose there interest.Because they don't want to lose there money.Especially on crypto currency who has no fix price
Wow this is really nice to see how all the people are contributing in the development of the bitcoin. It is the best thing about the bitcoin because it is now going high at giving someone a chance to learn and earn from ht bitcoin is the best thing so buy the bitcoin and to hold for the long time. Now the bitcoin is famous and it is very easy to make the other people to understand the people about the bitcoin and the crypto currency
Yes that is interested people now trying to convince people to invest money in bitcoin. I myself tired my best to convince my friends about investment in bitcoin and now they are really taking too much interest in bitcoin.
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:52:02 PM

I have encouraged and helped a friend to invest and he has tripled his investment so he owes me a beer or two now I feel, my father is also now considering investing some money in to bitcoin and also backing me with some money to try my hand with a few investments or trades. I think it's important not too push people in to bitcoin but to advise them and let them make their own decisions.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
Kezio

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:12:23 AM

I have been the one who had actually been convinced to grow an interest for Bitcoin. A friend of mine started mining a few years ago and really got into the game. So he started telling me about all of this and it peaked my curiousity, and here I am.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:19:26 AM

I am not convincing them to invest instead learn some knowledge about cryptocurrency.To let them know the features and benefits of it and I dont care about their feedbacks in bitcoin atleast I already know it and open minded in digital currency.But sometimes I encourage my co workers to engage in bitcoin and if they dont I do not push them until they will realized thats it not too late to know the cryptocurrency.
rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:30:02 AM

Actually, not that I convinced them but to have a research about cryptocurrency. I introduced them the features and benefits of cryptocurrency. I was just convinced also by a family member and was amazed of how it worked. So, for now, I am starting little by little.
iamKiko218

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:35:08 AM

Yes. I had encourage my father and my sister to invest in Bitcoin but I wasn't able to convince them. I told them everything I know but they keep telling me that it might be a fraud, they might just lose their money, there is no guarantee that you will receive your money back and the profit as well, and they say they have no time. I just did not convince them again because they seem decided already. Instead, I continued doing what I believe.

C
Finally C is!!!
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:49:24 AM

I have encouraged my friends to try cryptocurrency. I convinced them by showing them how much I earn. Sharing what you have learned is a big deal specially if others would also benefit. I also tell them to try signature campaigns like mine so they could participate in a success of a project. I want them to earn money for themselves through bitcpins, altcoins and ICOs.

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

I talked with some friends and family about the potential of a bitcoin investment. I have advised them to read, document to better understand the bitcoin. People are not very open to new and very suspicious when talking about money.
One time i tell to my family about it, then in bitcoin is my source of income after i tell them my sister get interested to it. I tell her to make an account but also tell her that she need to level up her rank before she can joined in signature campaign before she earn. I dont convince someone to invest because i want they do it by there own, maybe i will share my knowledge to them then they will do the rest because for me investing is riskyto do.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
olliepearl

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 01:58:39 AM

No. I have not tried to suggest other people about investing in bitcoin. Because for me, suggesting to other people is not a good idea, especially when it is something risky. Maybe if I convince them to invest and  they are willing then what if it will result a bad outcome, for sure they will blame me. But on the other hand, if they are  really interested to invest, I need to explain them and tell them research about it.

Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:06:16 AM

Actually i never convince people or family to join and buying bitcoin. Why? Because i will get that answer that you mention above and i could not answer it. And also i dont like to convince to anyone to do the same like i did because if they regret in back then they will blame me.
Hagmonar

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:39:33 AM

Yes i already try ti convence my friends and some of my ralatives to try and invest in bitcoin but non of them invest in bitcoin too maybe they are afraid to invest or someone ask them that bitcoin is a scam or something else but for me its ok maybe if they saw me that i already earning in bitcoin they will think what i am doing now.
Mystika

Activity: 134

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:49:59 AM

Yes i already talk some people about bitcoin and also encourage them try it. I told them that using bitcoin is very convinient and also teach them on how to make additional profit using bitcoin. And i was amazed with their reactions because they are willing to use bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:38:06 AM

Of course yes. When I have gotten profit from my Bitcoin investment, I have convinced my relaitives and my friends buying Bitcoin. However, some of them did not trusted me. They thought that cryptocurrency is unreal and they did not invest in Bitcoin

Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:49 AM

Good insights, i was encouraging some people before but no one has got interested in bitcoins and when i notice that i stopped endorsing bitcoin to various people because i think i'm just wasting my time telling them how good to earn in bitcoins.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
hadisaw

Activity: 245

https://keepcalm.finance/

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:55:58 AM

I never do that, because it will make us become depressed. Just imagine if you told your friend to invest in bitcoin and then the bitcoin price went down, then what would you do? Do you want to compensate? I'm sure not.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jesiccacone

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:06:18 AM

Yes I once encouraged my friends to invest in bitcoin but they assumed I would be fooled by investing in their online world too then just stunned for lack of understanding bitcoin, but yesterday they came to me and they regretted not following my impulse to invest they were hit when they now understand bitcoin and are late when they want to invest because now the price is soaring.
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:35:18 AM

acutely i was the first one at my home to know about bitcoin and other crypto currency and told a bunch of people about they started investing and mining at the same time before i did i explained how bitcoin is totally uncontrolled currency at the time how you buy and sell without a middle man only you and the seller or buyer they started researching and some of them are living on crypto currency now and i aslo stumble upon the people who dont understand bitcoin or crypto currency and doesn't believe it  will go far than being only between the knowledgeable people but i always try to convince them every time i meet them ...
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:49:26 AM

It took time before I finally convinced him to invest in bitcoin and that was a year ago. It also took a lot of explaining on how the bitcoin can be profitable and why its price is very volatile. He eventually bought some good  amount of bitcoin and held it in his wallet for a year.
Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:58:11 AM

Bitcoin has been awesome and will always be awesome. We, who have been involved in Bitcoin since the very early days understand this very well. However, for the laymen, for the people who don't really understand the technical aspects of Bitcoin or those who only watch the mainstream media are skeptic about Bitcoin. Since, all they hear in the News is how Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities and how it offers complete anonymity (common misconception) to people to do what they need on Internet.

Have you ever convinced or encouraged anyone to invest in Bitcoin and did you have success? Of course, since we know that we are giving a good advice, so we would usually advice our own family members or friends about this.

In the past few months, I encouraged some of my friends to invest in Bitcoin. They had a lot of questions about it from technical perspective and I helped them understand. They invested in Bitcoin and are very happy with the returns. And now this information propagates and more people will get involved in Bitcoin.

In my humble opinion, as a Bitcoin enthusiast, we can help understand people the positive aspects of Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin is still in the very initial stages and those of us who really understand what Bitcoin offers, know that Bitcoin Price is only 1/10th of what it's worth right now.

What are the most common responses you get from laymen about investing in Bitcoin?

Some popular ones I receive are:

1. "Oh, it's already too expensive, I cannot afford to buy it."
2. "The governments don't regulate it, why should I invest in it?"
3. "It's an illegal currency and only cyber criminals use it."
4. "What backs up Bitcoin? For example US Dollar is backed by Trust (all time favorite response Cheesy), but what backs up Bitcoin?"
5. "The market is way too volatile to invest."
6. "You can't really use Bitcoin as a currency."

Its always hard to convince someone to invest into something, specially with Bitcoin. Because there was a lot of false information that was delivered by the media saying that Bitcoin is the newest international scam. In my country, this is the case. This is why only few individual had been investing in Bitcoin, until this year comes when Bitcoin's value skyrocketed and they see the progress.
Anyway, I did convince my old friend to invest into Bitcoin. I just taught him how Bitcoin works and its benefits. At first he hesitated until he saw the fruit of my investment, that is how I convince him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: