Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you ever convince or encourage someone to invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 4904 times)
cryptojoe

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:37:43 PM

I have convinced one of my friend to know about bitcoin and join. Things did not go well.
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:47:22 PM

Hello dear author! I can give you only such answer. My country are poor and people here are good and I love them but more of them really watch official TV where people in big glasses every day says that "Don't invest", "You can loose all", "it's illegal" and other.
Some groups

1.  What is this?
2.  Illuminati?
3.  What you want from me?
4.  When you become a billionaire then I will invest in cryptocurrency
5.  Why I need invest in this if I have traditional money?

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
s0beit

Activity: 556

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

I did because bitcoin is really a good long-term investment. However, I don't really tell random people about it because not everyone would care about bitcoin. The funny thing is, most people would go crazy and panic if one day they hear people becoming rich because of bitcoin and asking me again about bitcoin, when on the first place, they ignored me when I explained it to them.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:00:16 PM

Well, I tried but was unsuccessful. That was late 2016, BTC was around $700 then and now, late 2017 it's at $6600 (record price 01-Nov-2017).
He has since mid 2017, when BTC hit $3000 kept bugging me blaming me for not trying enough.
He's still hesitant, waiting for a good price to buy.

By the way, he's a programmer.

There are a lot of people who are thinking that bitcoins is a scam and investing will be just a waste of money, people always tend to think about bad things on bitcoins even that the value in the market is keep on increasing, you always need a proof for them to believe that is really profitable and they were very unlucky not to believe on people who are sharing their luck to everyone about bitcoins.
gorjanox

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:32:42 PM

There are many ways to convince our friends, relatives, or even without relationship. We can convince them if we tell them how many succeed on bitcoin by showing them the story behind.
humanvelocity

Activity: 187
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

I have convinced couple of my friends to invest in cyptocurrency and they don't regret it at all, If you are going to convince someone to invest please by honest with them and tell them the worst case scenario because its their hard earned money and they trust you to have the money. You need to know everything about the coin before you invest and you also need to explain them everything. Hope you make some good investments and help others out  Smiley.
Aileen C.

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:41:28 PM

I did the same! First I convinced my sister whom I am closed with. At first she didn't know about bitcoin and she did a bad views of BTC. Then I showed her what I got then she realized that BTC was awesome! Now she's thankful with me coz aside from working , she's having an extra income too.
I have convinced couple of my friends to invest in cyptocurrency and they don't regret it at all, If you are going to convince someone to invest please by honest with them and tell them the worst case scenario because its their hard earned money and they trust you to have the money. You need to know everything about the coin before you invest and you also need to explain them everything. Hope you make some good investments and help others out  Smiley.
Ailcab

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:48:47 PM

Good to hear from you. I did convinced also my closes among my friends. In this kind of investment my friend is a good buddy of me who can deal with my craziest way of thinking. I first jokingly told him that I finally found someone I can be with. And his kinda interested who was it. I told him its BTC. Then he told me, what was that? That's the start of my convincing power to get his attention and encourage him to try and do crypto with me.
I did the same! First I convinced my sister whom I am closed with. At first she didn't know about bitcoin and she did a bad views of BTC. Then I showed her what I got then she realized that BTC was awesome! Now she's thankful with me coz aside from working , she's having an extra income too.
I have convinced couple of my friends to invest in cyptocurrency and they don't regret it at all, If you are going to convince someone to invest please by honest with them and tell them the worst case scenario because its their hard earned money and they trust you to have the money. You need to know everything about the coin before you invest and you also need to explain them everything. Hope you make some good investments and help others out  Smiley.
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:50:15 PM

Yes!i convinced my brother to try Bitcoin also explaining what is Bitcoin and what is the benefits we get if we are into Bitcoin,i want him also to experience being financial stable just what i experience right now because i am her in crypto world,if they just only think just what i did i never feel to hesitate to try Bitcoin i never think negative about cryptocurrency.
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:07:45 PM

Don't try to convince anyone because the moment when it fails they will accuse you of making them fail.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:10:32 PM

Around me since new year most people are interested. They want to try something new they don't care if they only invest with a tiny amount. They just want to hold a piece of it that's how it's becoming right now. Its good news in some way cause its pretty obvious that later in 2018 Bitcoin is gonna get a major run maybe towards 100k even. I expect a market cap between 2 to 5 trillion end 2018 of all cryptocurrencies. Then a slow 2019 then 2020 we go higher again.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:11:54 PM

Don't try to convince anyone because the moment when it fails they will accuse you of making them fail.

Yes that is one of the reason why i do not really like to convince people. Some of them will blame you if they lost profit in the market because they are careless on selling when the market price is down. The best thing to do is just share the amount of money you are earning on cryptocurrency.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:16:24 PM

Bitcoin has been awesome and will always be awesome. We, who have been involved in Bitcoin since the very early days understand this very well. However, for the laymen, for the people who don't really understand the technical aspects of Bitcoin or those who only watch the mainstream media are skeptic about Bitcoin. Since, all they hear in the News is how Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities and how it offers complete anonymity (common misconception) to people to do what they need on Internet.

Have you ever convinced or encouraged anyone to invest in Bitcoin and did you have success? Of course, since we know that we are giving a good advice, so we would usually advice our own family members or friends about this.

In the past few months, I encouraged some of my friends to invest in Bitcoin. They had a lot of questions about it from technical perspective and I helped them understand. They invested in Bitcoin and are very happy with the returns. And now this information propagates and more people will get involved in Bitcoin.

In my humble opinion, as a Bitcoin enthusiast, we can help understand people the positive aspects of Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin is still in the very initial stages and those of us who really understand what Bitcoin offers, know that Bitcoin Price is only 1/10th of what it's worth right now.

What are the most common responses you get from laymen about investing in Bitcoin?

Some popular ones I receive are:

1. "Oh, it's already too expensive, I cannot afford to buy it."
2. "The governments don't regulate it, why should I invest in it?"
3. "It's an illegal currency and only cyber criminals use it."
4. "What backs up Bitcoin? For example US Dollar is backed by Trust (all time favorite response Cheesy), but what backs up Bitcoin?"
5. "The market is way too volatile to invest."
6. "You can't really use Bitcoin as a currency."

Yes i have encourage a lot of people to be involved in bitcoins as i am. But some of them refuses to believe me because of the news that are saying that bitcoins are just a scam. Butbthere are people who choose to believe me and now gaining a lot of money just like i am. So to those people who didn't believe me it is your fault not believing in me i just shared those blessing that i have but you choose to decline those. But i cant blame you it is hard to take the risk.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:18:15 PM

Bitcoin has been awesome and will always be awesome. We, who have been involved in Bitcoin since the very early days understand this very well. However, for the laymen, for the people who don't really understand the technical aspects of Bitcoin or those who only watch the mainstream media are skeptic about Bitcoin. Since, all they hear in the News is how Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities and how it offers complete anonymity (common misconception) to people to do what they need on Internet.

Have you ever convinced or encouraged anyone to invest in Bitcoin and did you have success? Of course, since we know that we are giving a good advice, so we would usually advice our own family members or friends about this.

In the past few months, I encouraged some of my friends to invest in Bitcoin. They had a lot of questions about it from technical perspective and I helped them understand. They invested in Bitcoin and are very happy with the returns. And now this information propagates and more people will get involved in Bitcoin.

In my humble opinion, as a Bitcoin enthusiast, we can help understand people the positive aspects of Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin is still in the very initial stages and those of us who really understand what Bitcoin offers, know that Bitcoin Price is only 1/10th of what it's worth right now.

What are the most common responses you get from laymen about investing in Bitcoin?

Some popular ones I receive are:

1. "Oh, it's already too expensive, I cannot afford to buy it."
2. "The governments don't regulate it, why should I invest in it?"
3. "It's an illegal currency and only cyber criminals use it."
4. "What backs up Bitcoin? For example US Dollar is backed by Trust (all time favorite response Cheesy), but what backs up Bitcoin?"
5. "The market is way too volatile to invest."
6. "You can't really use Bitcoin as a currency."
I have  had a lot responses from friends and family when they hear tell them to join me in cryptocurrency. The most modest response i had was that bitcoin is a Ponzi.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

Maybe not directly because I don't give advice to people like that but indirectly through discussing altcoins and bitcoin people saw that there was a huge opportunity available and because of that two of my brothers have gotten involved in bitcoin now. Interesting progression but I suspect more people like them will join especially if they hear success stories like mine and other peoples.

arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:30:41 PM

Well I had friends who even don`t know what are the financial markets like stocks and when they saw that I was earning money from btc they were convinced themselves and jumped into crypto world.
cadiente014

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:31:06 PM

Not yet .because I didnt know much about bitcoin let me try it first and then If i already making a good investment in bitcoin thats the time I will encourage someone to invest in bitcoin and I can guide them and that will reassure my friends or families to invest .
Wolf of Btrex

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:52:31 PM

It is difficult to persuade others to invest in Bitcoin because Bitcoin is just an asset and is not legally recognized. In my country they are afraid Bitcoin can devastate the economy and not support Bitcoin but of course many people are willing to spend a lot of money to invest in Bitcoin.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:03:55 PM

I tried to encourage my closest friend to start investing in Bitcoin but he still have some doubts, especially fearing the price volatility. It is still not easy for starters to begin their way with Bitcoin nowadays because the price is very high, and buying good amount of BTC need a big budget.
bunsd

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:01:58 AM

I did not convince my friends to invest bitcoin, I would only say my own opinion, and finally whether to buy bitcoin, after they themselves think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: