Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you ever convince or encourage someone to invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 4903 times)
Uncertaintea

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

Just one. Although some people who have already been interested in investing in bitcoin have come to me and I explained to the best of my ability and gave them some advice which is never to buy when the price is high.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:57:51 PM

Bitcoin has been awesome and will always be awesome. We, who have been involved in Bitcoin since the very early days understand this very well. However, for the laymen, for the people who don't really understand the technical aspects of Bitcoin or those who only watch the mainstream media are skeptic about Bitcoin. Since, all they hear in the News is how Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities and how it offers complete anonymity (common misconception) to people to do what they need on Internet.

Have you ever convinced or encouraged anyone to invest in Bitcoin and did you have success? Of course, since we know that we are giving a good advice, so we would usually advice our own family members or friends about this.

In the past few months, I encouraged some of my friends to invest in Bitcoin. They had a lot of questions about it from technical perspective and I helped them understand. They invested in Bitcoin and are very happy with the returns. And now this information propagates and more people will get involved in Bitcoin.

In my humble opinion, as a Bitcoin enthusiast, we can help understand people the positive aspects of Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin is still in the very initial stages and those of us who really understand what Bitcoin offers, know that Bitcoin Price is only 1/10th of what it's worth right now.

What are the most common responses you get from laymen about investing in Bitcoin?

Some popular ones I receive are:

1. "Oh, it's already too expensive, I cannot afford to buy it."
2. "The governments don't regulate it, why should I invest in it?"
3. "It's an illegal currency and only cyber criminals use it."
4. "What backs up Bitcoin? For example US Dollar is backed by Trust (all time favorite response Cheesy), but what backs up Bitcoin?"
5. "The market is way too volatile to invest."
6. "You can't really use Bitcoin as a currency."

I have joined btc since 2017 and as of now i don't have that much profit yet. I was motivated by my collegues who are now millionaires and quitting there jobs. That is why o create small talks to my friend and relatives to let them experience bitcoin.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:14:11 PM

Bitcoin has been awesome and will always be awesome. We, who have been involved in Bitcoin since the very early days understand this very well. However, for the laymen, for the people who don't really understand the technical aspects of Bitcoin or those who only watch the mainstream media are skeptic about Bitcoin. Since, all they hear in the News is how Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities and how it offers complete anonymity (common misconception) to people to do what they need on Internet.

Have you ever convinced or encouraged anyone to invest in Bitcoin and did you have success? Of course, since we know that we are giving a good advice, so we would usually advice our own family members or friends about this.

In the past few months, I encouraged some of my friends to invest in Bitcoin. They had a lot of questions about it from technical perspective and I helped them understand. They invested in Bitcoin and are very happy with the returns. And now this information propagates and more people will get involved in Bitcoin.

In my humble opinion, as a Bitcoin enthusiast, we can help understand people the positive aspects of Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin is still in the very initial stages and those of us who really understand what Bitcoin offers, know that Bitcoin Price is only 1/10th of what it's worth right now.

What are the most common responses you get from laymen about investing in Bitcoin?

4. "What backs up Bitcoin? For example US Dollar is backed by Trust (all time favorite response Cheesy), but what backs up Bitcoin?"
I didn't encourage and persuade people to invest in bitcoin. I can't guarantee that my friends will invest in bitcoin, so I won't be able to convince them to invest in bitcoins.
KomodoStrikes

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:47:42 PM

Yes i will probably convince or encourage others to invest in bitcoin if:
  • I have something to show as proof of my earnings. (basically a brand new car will do)
  • I have shown to them the crypro assets that i have in my portfolio.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

I do not really like convincing other people because when the time comes that they will lose their profit or a huge amount of investment then they will blame you. You can always show them  how much wealth you are earning in order for them to get attracted.

SeniorRalap

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

I didn't persuade and encourage people to invest in bitcoin. I don't have enough confidence to make sure that my friends get the benefit. Now the price of bitcoin is not stable, its price has dropped a lot recently, and many people have lost a lot of money.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:54:21 PM

I think this is a tough thing, I'm not going to convince people to invest in bitcoin, I'm just saying that I'm investing bitcoin and not going to tell you more, it's because I'm aware of the risks while she/he's not necessarily ready to risk.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:57:54 PM

Strangers yes but someone with relationship to me, no. You never encourage friends/family to invest in Bitcoin because bitcoin is a volatile asset and during the down trend they are going to blame you for their loss and that is going to effect your relationship with them.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
khurramshah

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:04:25 PM

yes i convince all my friends to invest in bitcoin  coz as we all know not put all your eggs in one basket always try to find another source of income so bitcoin is the other way for income before investing all advantages and disadvantages should be read so you can;t blame others for your risk 
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:18:37 PM

No. Although I've informed some people about the oppertunities and dangers of the cryptomarket. My boss at work was euphoric over the fact she managed to make 7% profit in the timespan of six months with her investment in stocks. I informed her it is possible to make 7% profit with Bitcoin in minutes, but at the same time said it is also possible to lose the same percentage in the blink of an eye. As mentioned by several persons above me, convincing people to invest into BTC could eventually turn nasty when values plummet.

Its goes the same for me, though my friend as me first hand about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies since he was given an option to buy and invest to a certain group I told him how it would certainly be profitable and risky at the same time which is why I also had to not convince him when he asked me to just helped him and use his money to buy and hold because I don't want to risk money or resources I do not own.

cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

I did try to and I show them how much I got after investing bitcoin. They were calling me on my phone after the read bitcoin fuzz on magazines and how much can they earn if they invest. I answered most of their questions about it and how to start but later that day they end up asking me whether to invest the money they have and I act as their funds manager for them. I rejected it of course because I don't want to be blamed in case something happen.

Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:33:52 PM

I think this is a tough thing, I'm not going to convince people to invest in bitcoin, I'm just saying that I'm investing bitcoin and not going to tell you more, it's because I'm aware of the risks while she/he's not necessarily ready to risk.

if I am not like you I will teach bitcoin to a poor person because I feel sorry for those who do not have a job. I would invite them to invest in bitcoin even in very small amounts. besides that i will invite them to get bitcoin by way of gartis by joining on a bounty project.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

Yes i have encouraged my dad to invest in bitcoins along with a few other friends. First they were like Wtf are you talking and now they are pro bitcoiner like me and I am very proud that I have made them so much money and also that they are also teaching others about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and which is making a better society. Also there were many people who didn't want to listen to the shit i was talking about and also said that that I was wasting my time in this and there is no future of it, but I kept on using and indulging in bitcoins and now I live my life happily.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:19:00 PM

I encouraged my brother to invest in Bitcoin. It was easy with him because he trusts me and even if he didn't do much research he still invested because I encouraged him to do it
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:34:06 PM

Yes,I did this. Because,I want those types of society where people get help for eath other and I try to spread knowledge which they didn't know before or well. To encourage someone for invest on it .Few days ago,I convinced one of my friend and also he joined this forum and still he works here.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

I am never good at convincing anyone. Because I am not good at explaining. That is why I do not have anyone that I encouraged to join in crypto trading. Well, they can see that I am earning big but when they want me to explain, I can't. I just tell them to read and search google.   Cheesy

Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:16:32 PM

Yes, I have successfully introduce BTC to my family members and close friends. They are open minded and some of them are actively buying BTC to keep as an asset. Now we have one more common topic to discuss about.
I successfully introduce bitcoin to my mother, she is openminded. My mother are willing to earn she join to buy coins and invest. She join cause she want to rich and become successful in the fufure.
Larva14

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

Yes, I already convinced one of my friend to join and invest in bitcoin. I told them that they can earn money in just posting in bitcointalk.
Me too, I already convinced my uncle to joined in bitcoin he invest and also convinced him to joined in other campaign of bitcoin for more income he get.  He is openminded and willing to earn more cause he want to.success.
KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:27:58 PM

I have a colleague who's very interested in this world, weeks ago i told him to invest a small amount of money (the only amount you would throw out of the window) into BTC and forget about it; at that time the price was 3500euro, he hesitated because thought it was very high and he wanted to wait to drop a bit, and now, on a daily basis i send him screenshot of the market price of BTC laughing at him Cheesy
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:37:59 PM

Yes, i have already encouraged to other people invest in bitcoin. Its a good result they believe immediately, its so easy and no difficult when i convince because they become more interested and they don't even think negative when i convince. It was success when i introduce bitcoin because when they heard they want to start also as soon how to invest. Because those people believe that bitcoin is a good opportunity to the people, especially who want to invest and earn in bitcoin.
Me too, I already encourage my friend to join to invest in bitcoin. I told him the benefits given by bitcoin to all there investors. My friend so much interested and eager to learn and to earn high income. He said this is good opportunity to him to join cause he believe that bitcoin brings him successful in life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: