Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:23:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS 71 Gh/s Avalon Unit in hand - overnight shipping  (Read 3985 times)
yantis (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:00:51 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 07:57:42 PM by yantis

No longer for sale.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:17:06 AM

250 Btc each?
groomsxxx

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

yes,EACH

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:37:13 AM

Ouch. I wish I had enough for these. I think that's a great price. Even with the rising difficulty, if it were to double you'd still be looking at 1BTC+ a day. That will likely be another few months I think, and in that time you should have already reached ROI so the rest past that would be pure profit.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
groomsxxx

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:41:16 AM

Disagree, its not a good price at all!!

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:46:31 AM

Disagree, its not a good price at all!!

Care to explain your reasoning?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:53:25 AM

Ouch. I wish I had enough for these. I think that's a great price. Even with the rising difficulty, if it were to double you'd still be looking at 1BTC+ a day. That will likely be another few months I think, and in that time you should have already reached ROI so the rest past that would be pure profit.

Sorry, but I thibk difficulty is going to double about every month now.
FloridaBear

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

250 BTC is way overpriced, IMO. My guess is these will only ever make about 160 BTC or so. Good luck with your sale.
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:59:12 AM

I will offer fair market value like others have been selling for.  100BTC including shipping to my location.  But you have to make up your mind soon otherwise my offer is off the table.  Considering tomorrow that 2.23BTC / day goes to 1.8BTC then another 10 days from now it will be 1.4BTC

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:03:56 AM

250 BTC is way overpriced, IMO. My guess is these will only ever make about 160 BTC or so. Good luck with your sale.

I agree, I'd pay maybe 110 BTC for one. Any interest?
yantis (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:05:25 AM

I am not interested in selling these for a penny less than 250 BTC.  If you look at what you can get now which is basically just blades and USB sticks.. and its not really now..since they have to ship from China and horribly overpriced. If I didn't have a power issue I won't sell them at all but I underestimated the power I needed for so many units. I would rather just hire an electrician and get the electrical done right and buy up more units which I will probably end up doing anyway.

Everyone has their own opinion of difficulty whats going to happen or not. Personally I think about 40 Th/s of networking power is going to drop from the network due to FPGAs and GPUs leaving it and that should balance out this next month of difficulty even if it rises. I have seen crazy projections etc etc.. but I keep buying hardware because I believe that best case I make my BTC back in a few months. Even if it went crazy high and took a couple years to make a profit with its still smarter than buying bitcoin if your doing a long bet that BTC will rise like I am.

So the price is 250 BTC firm...a couple lucky guys will get one overnighted to them no BS and the rest of everyone else can wait for pre orders that may or may not ever happen or maybe get some horrible ROI ASICMINER blades/usb block erupters.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

I am not interested in selling these for a penny less than 250 BTC.  If you look at what you can get now which is basically just blades and USB sticks.. and its not really now..since they have to ship from China and horribly overpriced. If I didn't have a power issue I won't sell them at all but I underestimated the power I needed for so many units. I would rather just hire an electrician and get the electrical done right and buy up more units which I will probably end up doing anyway.

Everyone has their own opinion of difficulty whats going to happen or not. Personally I think about 40 Th/s of networking power is going to drop from the network due to FPGAs and GPUs leaving it and that should balance out this next month of difficulty even if it rises. I have seen crazy projections etc etc.. but I keep buying hardware because I believe that best case I make my BTC back in a few months. Even if it went crazy high and took a couple years to make a profit with its still smarter than buying bitcoin if your doing a long bet that BTC will rise like I am.

So the price is 250 BTC firm...a couple lucky guys will get one overnighted to them no BS and the rest of everyone else can wait for pre orders that may or may not ever happen or maybe get some horrible ROI ASICMINER blades/usb block erupters.

I'm with you on this. Of course it's all speculation and different people have different views. I believe this would be a good thing to get in on. Even if it were earning .2 BTC a day, over time it would pay off I think, assuming it's not built to last only a year.

Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:11:05 AM

Good luck then.  I am out.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:18:51 AM

I think you will change your mind...(Does a Jedi mind trick with facts)

Title: ASIC's are WAY overpriced!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:23:59 AM

If you'd like me to change the rate of decrease, then let me know.

I set profitability to decrease by 15% every 7 days. (like a difficulty increase)

In reality, the difficulty is increasing at a much sharper rate than this.
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:26:43 AM

what? 105btc back on a 250btc investment over a whole year isn't good? Smiley

I bet OP will say 105 back is great cuz you still have a 250btc machine, so you're at 355btc worth of hardware/btc, haha meanwhile he's trying to lock in a solid 2.5x profit on his hardware alone not counting what he's already made.

You know OP is a master interneter, he couldn't even find the proper sub-forum for his COMPUTER HARDWARE FOR SALE--->https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:33:26 AM

what? 105btc back on a 250btc investment over a whole year isn't good? Smiley

I bet OP will say 105 back is great cuz you still have a 250btc machine, so you're at 355btc worth of hardware/btc, haha meanwhile he's trying to lock in a solid 2.5x profit on his hardware alone not counting what he's already made.

You know OP is a master interneter, he couldn't even find the proper sub-forum for his COMPUTER HARDWARE FOR SALE--->https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

LOL, uh, that is what you actually get when you have the ASIC in your hands. This means that you'll never make back the price of this Avalon if you buy it today.

This is actually a rosey picture. This doesn't include your bills for electricity or any other expenses.

If you think this is bad, imagine the people who are just getting their BFL Singles in a month. (@ 50/60GH/s)
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:35:03 AM

I am not interested in selling these for a penny less than 250 BTC.  If you look at what you can get now which is basically just blades and USB sticks.. and its not really now..since they have to ship from China and horribly overpriced. If I didn't have a power issue I won't sell them at all but I underestimated the power I needed for so many units. I would rather just hire an electrician and get the electrical done right and buy up more units which I will probably end up doing anyway.

You just said that ASICMiner blades were overpriced but you are selling them for the same price.

An ASICMiner blade hashes at about 12 GH/s, and can be overclocked to 13 GH/s. That makes your Avalon worth about 5 blades, maybe 5.5.

They are selling for less than 50 BTC, but we'll use 50 BTC since it's round number. 50 * 5 = 250! Same price you are selling for!

Some power might drop as the GPU miners stop mining, but FPGAs are very power efficient and there is no reason not to leave them on.

BFL is shipping now, a weeks worth of orders ever day. They have 60,000 orders to get through which they claim to ship in the next 90 days. Even if it is a bit longer than that (I think it will take them 4-5 months) that is 400TH MINIMUM just for the orders we know about (see http://bfl.ptz.ro/), and I think the real number is about 600TH since not everyone submitted their info for that table.

Then you have nearly 600 Avalon batch 2s left to ship and more batch 3s. And coming later in the summer at least 500 million Avalon discrete chips. Difficulty could be as high as 100 million by Sept or October, with the minimum I estimated of 50 million by Sept 1. It will be tough for any one of these machines to make over 150 BTC in it's life, and a more likely estimate is 120-140 BTC. That it is why I will offer 110 BTC. Good luck.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:38:22 AM

I think you will change your mind...(Does a Jedi mind trick with facts)

(massive image here)

Title: ASIC's are WAY overpriced!

Well, that was enough to turn me away, lol. The next difficulty increase (tomorrow) is 24%+ right now. I didn't realize the decreases were going to cause such a massive drop in income so quick.

So +1 to you, and thanks!

groomsxxx

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:41:24 AM

Ultimately he and anyone else can request whatever amount they choose. All it takes is one moron to think its worth it.   The moron loses  out but what does the seller care ? he just sold his almost worthless miner for 25 grand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: