Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] iQCash CONTEST | Solve the puzzle to win BTC! SOLVED!!! Winner: lhvleao  (Read 3885 times)
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:22:09 PM

On the other side of the coin, you have 1 big Q not 2, or I miss the second one? Wink
lhvleao

Activity: 476
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:24:50 PM

Ty guys

@iQCash @gerdab @JeremyB @apimembership

I'm sure we all want to see more challenges like this one

Now it's time to reverse thinking to see how creative @iQCash was to crate a logo like this
iQCash (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:28:22 PM

On the other side of the coin, you have 1 big Q not 2, or I miss the second one? Wink

@cryptoneal will know what the check is.
plen

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:35:24 PM

Congrats! but darn I feel wholly unsatisfied that the simple average of the two surrounding rows/columns was the key. I’ll check for more updates to see if there is a eureka though.

High volume trader? Get up to $500 matched deposit at the Beaxy Exchange! | Canadians get $10 free when you deposit and buy $100 worth of cryptocurrency at Netcoins!
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:35:45 PM

Ty guys

@iQCash @gerdab @JeremyB @apimembership

I'm sure we all want to see more challenges like this one

Now it's time to reverse thinking to see how creative @iQCash was to crate a logo like this

You're right, I forgot to congrats and thanks iQCash for such a great puzzle!
I want more Wink

OK thanks, waiting for his inputs.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:50:28 PM

Congrats! but darn I feel wholly unsatisfied that the simple average of the two surrounding rows/columns was the key. I’ll check for more updates to see if there is a eureka though.

Yes, it's amazing how the application of some very simple rules can result in something so complex.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some super simple formula that describes the nature of the universe that still hasn't been discovered. And there's a bunch of aliens who slap their foreheads every time we get close but don't quite spot it.
plen

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:52:41 PM

Yes, it's amazing how the application of some very simple rules can result in something so complex.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some super simple formula that describes the nature of the universe that still hasn't been discovered. And there's a bunch of aliens who slap their foreheads every time we get close but don't quite spot it.

Maybe climate change is their way of telling us we're getting warmer Wink

High volume trader? Get up to $500 matched deposit at the Beaxy Exchange! | Canadians get $10 free when you deposit and buy $100 worth of cryptocurrency at Netcoins!
plen

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:55:08 PM

Total aside let me know if you need any future game masters or any help with your project! I think I'm one of the very first investors with my 1001 iQCash haha!

iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM

OK thanks, waiting for his inputs.

It was his obsession for a while there.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:02:55 PM

Total aside let me know if you need any future game masters or any help with your project! I think I'm one of the very first investors with my 1001 iQCash haha!

Thanks! I will.
cryptoneal

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:19:10 PM

Congratulations to lhvleao. Had to work this evening So no time to puzzel. Will check Tomorrowfor my solutions. Off to bed now. Thanks iqcash for the great puzzle. Had a blast. Check you guys in couple of hours.
lhvleao

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:20:06 PM

It's '2q'

As you not used 2 as multiplier yet

Why q?

q represents 17

2q = 34

2q (or 2Q) is the correct answer.

There are other reasons to confirm that, but I won't press on those.

Bonus points for a full detailing of the solution if someone wants to spot the missing pieces.

But otherwise, congratulations!

I'll have to get your BTC address, and I'll chase up a few people who made helpful breakthroughs to award consolation prizes.

Just send the BTC address in PM  Grin

And ty @cryptoneal!
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:33:31 PM

It's '2q'

Why q?

q represents 17

2q = 34

Bonus points for a full detailing of the solution if someone wants to spot the missing pieces.

I'll have to get your BTC address, and I'll chase up a few people who made helpful breakthroughs to award consolation prizes.

And ty @cryptoneal!

0.04 BTC is on it's way to you. Let me know if any issues.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:46:07 PM

Good summary of the final stages on the HighiQForum:

https://www.highiqforum.com/threads/contest-solve-the-puzzle-to-win-bitcoin.3311/page-3
mathe64

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:02:52 PM

do you know where I could find other contests like this, and congratulations to all that helped to solve the puzzle.
lhvleao

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:11:03 PM

It's '2q'

Why q?

q represents 17

2q = 34

And ty @cryptoneal!

0.04 BTC is on it's way to you. Let me know if any issues.

Everything OK. Just recieved 0.04 btc  Smiley

Ty sir, and hope to see more great news from your project incoming (:
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:20:40 PM

So, in summary, to fill in any missing pieces:
Step 1: Convert the Chinese symbols to closest sounding letters + convert the Greek characters directly.

Step 2: Convert each character to its position in the alphabet.
(The spelling of 'crypto' was a red herring. The Greek character Kappa needed to remain K for the sums to work, but it would have been tempting to use 'c' and therefore 3 in the sums rather than 11.)

Step 2b: Sum the three intersecting rows and columns to get 68, 45 + ?, 90.

Step 3: Identify the mathematical sequence 68, 79, 90. Steps of 11. (Prime number) OR As lhvleao spotted, 45 = 90/2 hints that ? = 68/2. Either way, ? = 34 mathematically.

Step 4: As lhvleao realised, the numbers used in the sums must be converted FROM some algebraic form. Of the many possibilities, the only one that involved an operation with a 2 (a prime and the only number used in the original puzzle) and another prime number (in fact, the first clearly visible prime on the other side of the coin) was 2Q.

It was a celebration of the common iQ Puzzle tricks: symbols representing numbers, sequences, primes, algebra + arithmetic.

Thanks and congrats.

We'll do this again in the future, but the focus for the next few months will be the launch of the iQCash puzzles Round 1.
The first round will present 8 million super easy puzzles.
You won't find an easier time to earn iQCash but they may be a bit boring for many, so for a short time, there's still a small percentage of iQCash up for sale on Waves DEX. Find the Waves/iQCash trading pair. You will need to use the iQCash asset id to find it: 2fiCMUZgBZHs7DtwjyTET8gyToNNX1X5r8zUaouqoztQ

iQCash is a long term project. It will take time to solve all the simple puzzles. But once the puzzles start getting harder, the limited supply and increasing difficulty will hopefully create an environment for Bitcoin-like price rises.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:25:51 PM

do you know where I could find other contests like this, and congratulations to all that helped to solve the puzzle.

Some great work was done by the people at HighiQForums. They have a Forum Games section:
https://www.highiqforum.com/forums/forum-games.55/

I also posted to two other puzzle forums. Some of their users may have come here to post:

https://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewforum.php?id=3
http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
cjrst8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:54:21 PM

Tomorrow, the prize doubles.

Is the value q?

do you only get one guess?

I was so close at the beginning, just didnt think to double it... Congrats!

iQCash (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:05:33 AM

Tomorrow, the prize doubles.

Is the value q?

do you only get one guess?

I was so close at the beginning, just didnt think to double it... Congrats!

You gave me a scare with that one!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: