Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calm the F $%K Down People, Lets Help The NOOBs Out.  (Read 2054 times)
Crytocoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:58:47 AM

New investors to enter the market should be very careful. Even old investors are in too much trouble.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:03:21 PM

Yeah this is true, and everyone should stop selling their Bitcoins and Altcoins as well. This is actually a great way of explaining it to those who are new to the cryptoworld.
Tomak

Activity: 173
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:35:42 PM

So now is the time to enter Alts or they go dipper?

The Alts are going to bleed till the fork or for how long?

When can we expect the bounce back?

namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:09:03 PM

Topics like this make me feel better about investing in crypto, this community is amazing sometimes and hodling really is, in my opinion, the best we can go for right now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:19:31 PM

It is really quite amusing how everyone says 'buy low, sell high' but then still people see bitcoin at a new ATH and get all caught up and wind up buying it, it may pay off one but long term a strategy like that won't

Bruce Wayne (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:52:38 PM

Great explanation. As someone wanting to buy Bitcoin now, any thoughts on whether it might drop significantly after the fork and is worth waiting?

100% it will drop after the fork, but the value will be amortized over BT1 and BT2.

If you own 1 BT on Nov 16, you get 2 coins on the 17th.

BT1 and BT2.

I predict BT2 will be 1150-1300, get a pump to 1500, then a dump to 800 in a week.

Based on the Fibonacci charts, we should see a price correction to 6700 upcoming, but I see BT hitting 8k before the fork, so if you can, just buy it now and HOLD it

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
Bruce Wayne (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:01:00 PM

So now is the time to enter Alts or they go dipper?

The Alts are going to bleed till the fork or for how long?

When can we expect the bounce back?

As long as we see this growth, which based on the charts, is breaking resistance levels each day (we MAY see a dip to 6500-6700 but its looking like a consolidation at 6900-7300) the alts will bleed.

99.1 percent of people here are looking for the fastest way to make a buck in 30 days. 

This is one of the reasons we see such volatility.

You should buy across the spectrum.

"If" you liked XX coin at $1.00 - you should LOVE it at $.75 and REALLY LOVE IT at $.50"

Cost averaging.

This is VERY hard for some people to do, we have this innate "I wanna be backing a winner" thing that is ingrained in us as humans. So buying a "looser coin" just feels weird.

But thats the great part about making money - money doesnt have feelings, it has MATH.

Now is a good time to buy that alt you love.

I bought the shit out of NEO when it dipped to $13 bucks.  Went to $30 in 2 weeks after last FUD.

Here is the big secret.

IF YOUR ALT IS AROUND IN 2 YEARS.  THERE IS A 99% CHANCE IT HAS GONE UP 200-1000%.  Period.

The market will expand and thereby flush out some of this crap, so find and invest in GREAT TEAMs and GREAT PROJECTS.

Then...... Try, try my brothers and sister to relax.

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:50:20 PM

Whenever people are tired of pumping bitcoin they will come back for some alt pumps, by my account, This is the forth huge pump in a short period of time. I believe we're headed for $8000 before Saturday, Some of the alts will start pumping by Sunday and bitcoin will bounce back a little and then going to hit $9000 by November tenth.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:02:54 PM

Buying Bitcoin now is a gambling. It is climbed from 5k to 7k just in month.

It could goes 10k now or fall to 5500 resistance.

Selling anything now to Bitcoin with looses is very bad idea based on FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)
Market will eat you if you tire emotions to charts.

Hold or buy the dips.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:16:16 PM

Stop dumping just hold the leget coin. It will goes up eventually. Seriously dont follow what whale want. They will rob you through pump and dump scene. Every body want more bitcoin and thats how the whale do to get more bitcoin. Dont sell at lost...

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:50:39 AM

The problem with some people is that they day trade and it takes discipline to see your portfolio dumping almost daily without acting, most long term investors in Crypto have nothing to lose here, there are some people who have not even touched their Ethereum ICO wallet since even with those huge returns
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:55:08 AM

Well said man! damn, this is what i need. I stuck all day only watch my altcoin going down. But i am ready to buy back some NEO right now.

bgblevins

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:26:32 AM

Great explanation. As someone wanting to buy Bitcoin now, any thoughts on whether it might drop significantly after the fork and is worth waiting?
I believe there will be a good size of a dip after the fork. So in my opinion at this time I would wait. Watch for the dip when it starts to go back up that's when I would jump in. I would say about a wk or so after the fork? But that is just an opinion of a newbie. If you are interested in Alt Coins Now is the perfect time to buy while there low. Because after the fork People will be taking a portion of there BTC and putting it back into Alt's. So after the fork Alt's will rise again. Again just a Newbie's opinion.
 And for the OP, Thank you for this post. Well said.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

Get your finger off the sell button.

Bitcoin is going parabolic (I said it would hit 10k mid Jan in Aug.... I still see that happening)

And thats the reason for the alts dropping. There is an influx of "new money" into Bitcoin, partially because of the fork, mainly because their are BIG institutional investors that are taking positions.

Since the announcement that BTC futures will be traded many people have taken that as a sign that reads "Bitcoin is real!" -Love Wallstreet

This is a double edged sword. 

We are going to see 10k BTC within 90 days.   I also foresee 50k by years end.   You can't underestimate what the news of BTC futures means to the entire market.   I know for a fact that there will be some billion, dollar buys of BTC in the next 6 months.

Some of this will come from hedge funds some banks.

Also China WILL be back in the mix in late Feb.   They are currently in a political space that is slowing the prices down,  however ICO and more importantly, exchange regulation and legislation is on the table and going through the steps for inclusion/ adoption.   

This all equates to FUD on BTC.  Please stop worrying. The longer you have been in this game the less we worry.

Bitcoins, alts, even stocks go through cycles.  Put 50% of your money into Bitcoin and find some good long term Alts and then sit on your hands.

Alts like ARK, OMG, WAVES, NEO, WTC.... They have great teams,  provide a solid roadmap and have real world applications that will fundamentally change things within the ecosystem.

This is the time to rejoice! It's time to buy at 10,20,60% off your favorite alt! 

Stop stressing out,  and for Gods sake dont sell alts low to buy Bitcoin at ATH.

Repeat after me.

HoDL

Cheers
Wait. Are  from the future? because it seems you are very sure on the things on what you are talking on here but i do agree on some points but on the price predictions then those numbers isnt really realistic at all on a short period of time.Reaching out 10k will takes time how much more on 50k? It wont happen on next years but well no one really knows on what would happen ahead but yet we should always think or make some realistic predictions though.The hardest part as of now when we do see bitcoins price increase rally almost all of alts are already on red.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:24:25 PM

Bitcoin is going parabolic (I said it would hit 10k mid Jan in Aug.... I still see that happening)

And thats the reason for the alts dropping. There is an influx of "new money" into Bitcoin, partially because of the fork, mainly because their are BIG institutional investors that are taking positions.

Since the announcement that BTC futures will be traded many people have taken that as a sign that reads "Bitcoin is real!" -Love Wallstreet

We are going to see 10k BTC within 90 days.   I also foresee 50k by years end.   You can't underestimate what the news of BTC futures means to the entire market.   I know for a fact that there will be some billion, dollar buys of BTC in the next 6 months.

Also China WILL be back in the mix in late Feb.   They are currently in a political space that is slowing the prices down,  however ICO and more importantly, exchange regulation and legislation is on the table and going through the steps for inclusion/ adoption.   

This all equates to FUD on BTC.  Please stop worrying. The longer you have been in this game the less we worry.

Bitcoins, alts, even stocks go through cycles.  Put 50% of your money into Bitcoin and find some good long term Alts and then sit on your hands.

Alts like ARK, OMG, WAVES, NEO, WTC.... They have great teams,  provide a solid roadmap and have real world applications that will fundamentally change things within the ecosystem.

This is the time to rejoice! It's time to buy at 10,20,60% off your favorite alt! 

Stop stressing out,  and for Gods sake dont sell alts low to buy Bitcoin at ATH.

Repeat after me.

HoDL

Cheers
Wait. Are  from the future? because it seems you are very sure on the things on what you are talking on here but i do agree on some points but on the price predictions then those numbers isnt really realistic at all on a short period of time.Reaching out 10k will takes time how much more on 50k? It wont happen on next years but well no one really knows on what would happen ahead but yet we should always think or make some realistic predictions though.The hardest part as of now when we do see bitcoins price increase rally almost all of alts are already on red.

Note that in january this year btc was around 1k, its now 7k. With that same reasoning 50k isn't that far fetched for around the same time next year (7x7=49). Also he's right, there is a lot of institutional money coming, demand for bitcoin investing is also up quite a bit. Chase bank released a statement that they would start end this year possibly early next year due to high customer demand.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

Repeat after me.

HoDL

Cheers

Buying up some more altcoins at discounts. Holding some 50% BTC and ETH on my portfolio.
Looking into the news, seems bitcoin is always in the news nowadays.

Seems altcoins recovering already.

KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:38:18 PM

I am in calm mode i really happy to buy ico coin under ico value at this time. But only legit project. Example atlant and cindicator i bpught the token for long term..

Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:34:49 PM

I think only the real strong projects will survive, while all might get a pump in the short run, true alpha will only be generated by some strong ones

tuiputui

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:10:56 PM

I think only the real strong projects will survive, while all might get a pump in the short run, true alpha will only be generated by some strong ones

Most alt project this days are funded by ico, premines, etc.. This is not the days of doge coin or community based projects. In most cases, teams got long roadmaps and funds to develope for years.

But what about bitcoin??
It´s getting more and more unusable...even it´s own community is not happy with it (3 hard forks in a year and more planned)... transactions take hours.... Fees are terrible expensive, and yes it came from 1k to 7k in months.. and now it´s accepted by MS and some people think Amazon could... but who will spend 20$ in Amazon and pay 5$ fees+wait 1 hour to confirm?... BTC has lost it´s original purpose a long time ago.. and things without real use got not much real value. This is not Gold, not petrol, whatever, it´s just digyts in a block chain, everything it does it´s done in a better way by alts that cost less than 1$...
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:15:03 PM

There is really a new and huge influx of money into bitcoin and the market cap is growing bigger every day. We really do not know why yet, which could be the fork or new or fresh investors, but the best right now is to just hold btc and stick with it.

Bitcoin is here to stay and whatever anyone wants to call it, as bubble or whatever, that is their piece of cake and they can join us later when we are very close to the moon.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: