Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIVE] Aidcoin Bringing Nonprofits to Blockchain. Token for Charities  (Read 27237 times)
SnaFFik

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:50:55 PM

any mistakes you guys have made that you have learned from since then?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AidCoin

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 01:54:33 PM

Why I just found the right project charity?
I think only this project is reliable. After seeing your ANN Thread, my heart is tapped by people who are not yet independent.
Will it support people all over the world or in certain countries?
I think you know the humanitarian crisis in the middle east Smiley

The project is definitely developed with a global vision. Obviously the initial focus will be higher on specific countries where we can leverage CharityStars existing collaborations (in terms of charities), but AidCoin has absolutely no boundaries  Wink
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:03:46 PM

Can you think of any mistakes you guys have made that you have learned from since then?

We are expert on the charity sector, crypto was new for many of the team members, so for sure we made mistakes, for example in some aspects related to communication and marketing. However we really believe in the "lean" approach, so it is part of our culture to do things, make errors, learn from them and quickly move on Wink
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:06:34 PM

Where can I store Aidcoin on the web? Can I use myetherwallet? I know ICO is done on eidoo platform but i do not usually use smartphone app.

ICO will be managed by Bitcoin Suisse, so you would be able to participate through their platform. AidCoin is a token based on the Ethereum blockchain, so you would be able to store it on any wallet supporting ERC-20 tokens.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:33:06 PM

I'm curious what sources you guys use for keeping up with trends, whether it be in the crypto space or charity related? I think a team is only as good as their information gathering abilities, so what sites do you guys use to keep up with trends?

With regards to nonprofits, we follow sector publications such as Nonprofit Quarterly and Look to the Stars, specific sections of major publications such as The New York Times, The Guardian and Huffpost, blogs and medium of charities, associations and foundations.
With regards to cryptoland: classic publications such as Coindesk, Cointelegraph and the Merkel, medium and personal blogs of crypto influencers, tailored newsletter (highly recommend Token Economy).

What about your sources guys? Any suggestions?

Great answer! That's a very diverse source base.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:57:03 PM

Can you think of any mistakes you guys have made that you have learned from since then?

We are expert on the charity sector, crypto was new for many of the team members, so for sure we made mistakes, for example in some aspects related to communication and marketing. However we really believe in the "lean" approach, so it is part of our culture to do things, make errors, learn from them and quickly move on Wink

That's all you can do really. Thanks for the answer.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:31:24 PM

I don't know of any other charities working on anything similar. So you guys don't have any competition in this regard?

Competition is in the eyes of the beholder  Wink
We are not aware of anything similar but we would welcome healthy competition as a mean to achieve further innovation in the non-profit sector.

That's a very charitable outlook you have.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:07:23 PM

What sort of growth rate do you expect for Aidcoin? Do you believe it will be the predominate form of charity donation eventually? How long until this becomes a reality?

Really need to know about this before I'll be able to invest.

It is clearly our aim and our vision to make AidCoin the preferred method to donate transparently through blockchain technology. We are developing a solution that really helps solving problems currently present in the non-profit sector, so we believe it will be adopted both from charities and donors.

Obviously blockchain technology and crypto in general are just at the beginning of their development and mass adoption will require time. However, we strongly believe that this will be the future, so being the first mover on this sector gives us a strong advantage.

That's a great argument for your own case. No estimates on the time frame for adoption though? It's really hard to tell in this field, so I can understand your hesitancy. This last year, in the crypto world, has felt like a decade in just about any other market.

For sure time really seems to pass faster in cryptoland than on any other market.. We believe it will be a monthly timeframe (6/12 months) to spread AidCoin adoptions to a core base of donors and Charities. However, to answer your first question (becoming the preferred method for donations), timeframe realistically will be years, since it will take time for the technology and cryptos in general to go mainstream.

I'm glad to see you have a realistic view of the market. I can't tell if some ICO's are delusional, or just trying to make their ICO appealing at the cost of honesty.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
ElenaZotova

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:00:34 AM

Tell me please, I understand correctly, that the bounty campaign will begin on January 16?
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

Tell me please, I understand correctly, that the bounty campaign will begin on January 16?

Actually first phase of the bounty campaign will end tomorrow. We will soon announce more information.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:39:32 PM

Check the article written by AidCoin CEO for Nasdaq.com:

"Rebuilding trust in the non-profit sector through cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology"
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

Nice article, he's obviously very knowledgeable on the topic as well as in touch with the common persons view in his own field which is more rare than you might think.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

So ICO is postponed until the 16th, so there is still plenty of time to do the promotion, and if all goes smoothly hardcap will be achieved quickly, this project is very promising

Is this true? What was it postponed?

Sorry, I meant to ask 'Why was it postponed?'.

There has been a large amount of interest coming from all fronts and as we talk with institutional investors, we believe that by delaying the ICO, we can deliver the best value for early backers. With institutional investors and partner organizations joining the ICO, we aim to add fuel to AidCoin’s success. This is together with the ability to increase our marketing effort which will drastically impact the ICO and provide AidCoin with the tools to disrupt the charity sector.

Do you think the institutional investors will buy out the hard cap before a lot of us smaller guys can get in?
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:29:01 PM

Actually first phase of the bounty campaign will end tomorrow. We will soon announce more information.

Is the information up on the phases, or that's what you're alluding to with the last sentence?

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

So how does the relationship with Charitystars work? Did they hire a team to work on Aidcoin, or contract it, or just do it in house?
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:12:32 PM

Is there any estimates on the value of an Aidcoin a year after launch?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
satria2

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:36:30 PM

Is there any estimates on the value of an Aidcoin a year after launch?

maybe you can see here https://www.aidcoin.co 1,000 AID = 1 ETH and every year can increase.
william131980

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:43:42 PM

Hello Dev

The features of this project is promising and assuring that this project will make a big success in the Cryptocurrency world.

I am supporting this project
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:26:10 PM

So how does the relationship with Charitystars work? Did they hire a team to work on Aidcoin, or contract it, or just do it in house?

Doing it in house with some new hires Wink
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:28:27 PM

Hello Dev

The features of this project is promising and assuring that this project will make a big success in the Cryptocurrency world.

I am supporting this project

Thanks for your support William! Let me know if you have any question Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: