Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIVE] Aidcoin Bringing Nonprofits to Blockchain. Token for Charities  (Read 27237 times)
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:09:09 AM

I am interested to join this project. Whether the project is still running? or the project is over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AidCoin

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:41:19 AM

What kind of fees will be involved with buying and using Aidcoin?

The economic model of AidCoin will be a mix of fee and staking to use and access the different services provided. With regards to the fees, you will pay a % on the transactions made through AIDPay, our external payment gateway. To access the different services of the AIDChain platform instead you will need to stake AidCoins.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:43:50 AM

So how does the relationship with Charitystars work? Did they hire a team to work on Aidcoin, or contract it, or just do it in house?

Doing it in house with some new hires Wink

Very good, may I ask who from the team were new hires and who were already working with CharityStars?

All the people you see on the team page are already working with CharityStars. We integrate them with a couple of profile specifically to manage the ICO.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:46:27 AM

Good question, is there any other way you guys plan to make revenue?

We are redefining and reviewing slightly the white paper in order to explain clearly AidCoin economic model. We will share it with you soon Wink
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:51:22 AM

Tell me please, I understand correctly, that the bounty campaign will begin on January 16?

Actually first phase of the bounty campaign will end tomorrow. We will soon announce more information.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am waiting for information.

Please check the bounty campaign group: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2502746.640

The first phase of the bounty campaign is closed, we will take some time to evaluate how the bounty have worked out for us and eventually decide what to do in the future. However right now we believe we should focus on other marketing activities that could help us spread the project and reach in a more effective way the future users of the AidCoin ecosystem: donors and charities.

Anyway, thanks for your interest!
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:05:09 AM

Do you have any idea on the demographics that would be using Aidcoin?

Initially they will be very similar to the demographics of cryptocurrencies' users
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:09:53 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 11:28:12 AM by AidCoin

How much do you think will be spent on marketing in the first year?

It depends on the total amount raised. We will allocate around 20% on communication and marketing overall. With regards to the amount allocated on the first year, It will depends on many things such as the product development progress and the numbers of charity on board; for sure we will invest on marketing activities to spread AidCoin adoptions among donors, at the same time we don't want to waste money till the basic infrastructure will not be ready.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

What sort of growth rate do you expect for aidcoin? Do you believe it will be the predominate form of charity donation eventually? How long until this becomes a reality?

What sort of growth rate do you expect for Aidcoin? Do you believe it will be the predominate form of charity donation eventually? How long until this becomes a reality?

Really need to know about this before I'll be able to invest.

It is clearly our aim and our vision to make AidCoin the preferred method to donate transparently through blockchain technology. We are developing a solution that really helps solving problems currently present in the non-profit sector, so we believe it will be adopted both from charities and donors.

Obviously blockchain technology and crypto in general are just at the beginning of their development and mass adoption will require time. However, we strongly believe that this will be the future, so being the first mover on this sector gives us a strong advantage.

That's a great argument for your own case. No estimates on the time frame for adoption though? It's really hard to tell in this field, so I can understand your hesitancy. This last year, in the crypto world, has felt like a decade in just about any other market.

For sure time really seems to pass faster in cryptoland than on any other market.. We believe it will be a monthly timeframe (6/12 months) to spread AidCoin adoptions to a core base of donors and Charities. However, to answer your first question (becoming the preferred method for donations), timeframe realistically will be years, since it will take time for the technology and cryptos in general to go mainstream.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:20:37 AM

Are there any regulatory risks with this?

Regulatory risks are related to the crypto market as a whole rather than the AidCoin project specifically.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:23:30 AM

I am interested to join this project. Whether the project is still running? or the project is over.

Thanks for your interest! ICO will start on Jan 16th.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:28:53 PM

The economic model of AidCoin will be a mix of fee and staking to use and access the different services provided. With regards to the fees, you will pay a % on the transactions made through AIDPay, our external payment gateway. To access the different services of the AIDChain platform instead you will need to stake AidCoins.

Okay this makes sense. Any estimate on how much the fee will be for transactions through AIDPay?
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

Good question, is there any other way you guys plan to make revenue?

We are redefining and reviewing slightly the white paper in order to explain clearly AidCoin economic model. We will share it with you soon Wink

That would be great. It's a good sign you guys are willing to go back and improve on policy.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:58:47 PM

How much do you think will be spent on marketing in the first year?

It depends on the total amount raised. We will allocate around 20% on communication and marketing overall. With regards to the amount allocated on the first year, It will depends on many things such as the product development progress and the numbers of charity on board; for sure we will invest on marketing activities to spread AidCoin adoptions among donors, at the same time we don't want to waste money till the basic infrastructure will not be ready.

20% sounds like a good number. I think marketing is one of the best things you can invest in. I think there's also a point of diminishing returns.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:22:17 PM

So how does the relationship with Charitystars work? Did they hire a team to work on Aidcoin, or contract it, or just do it in house?

Very good, may I ask who from the team were new hires and who were already working with CharityStars?

All the people you see on the team page are already working with CharityStars. We integrate them with a couple of profile specifically to manage the ICO.

Okay nice, do you know where they were recruited from? Just curious where you can find a high quality team like that these days.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 09:49:47 PM

It seems like with something like this if you could get people to adopt the tech, you could scale it so easily. Even with a hundred thousand users, I don't really see you needing much bigger of a team. Am I right?

Do you agree this would be easily scalable?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
BlackMike

Activity: 273
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:59:04 PM

I think 40k eth cap is pretty insane. Lots of more established projects gather less money Smiley

This argument has never really made sense to me. What other projects do you know of that are trying to change charity? How can you compare anything else that isn't even related to what Aidcoin is trying to do?

That's just my opinion. But I think a lot of people think the same actually, so please consider this argument. Good team? Good marketing? You really need that much money for that? Make several rounds of ICO maybe...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:28:29 PM

Okay this makes sense. Any estimate on how much the fee will be for transactions through AIDPay?

Not yet, we will have to test different options to set the right amount in order to ensure platform sustainability.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:29:40 PM

Okay nice, do you know where they were recruited from? Just curious where you can find a high quality team like that these days.

They had previous positions and experience in other ICOs.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:34:28 PM

I think 40k eth cap is pretty insane. Lots of more established projects gather less money Smiley

This argument has never really made sense to me. What other projects do you know of that are trying to change charity? How can you compare anything else that isn't even related to what Aidcoin is trying to do?

That's just my opinion. But I think a lot of people think the same actually, so please consider this argument. Good team? Good marketing? You really need that much money for that? Make several rounds of ICO maybe...

Our smart contract is set in ETH, when we structured the ICO the price of ETH in USD was different. We will continue monitoring the situation and eventually evaluate whether to make changes.
AidCoin

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:37:27 PM

It seems like with something like this if you could get people to adopt the tech, you could scale it so easily. Even with a hundred thousand users, I don't really see you needing much bigger of a team. Am I right?

Do you agree this would be easily scalable?

We will probably need to integrate some local resources to the business development and marketing team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: