Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Investors Doomed  (Read 2721 times)
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:36:13 AM

Bitcoin value is going high every minute, and its gonna keep going up too. So all the people who invested their bitcoin in alts for long term are doomed now.
I don't think they will be able to recover their investments.
Are you one of those people too? What are your thoughts?

No, they are going to recover. Maybe not all of them but you just need to know that when btc is rising fast, this what happens and another reason is these forks are making it worst so let's just wait for those to end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:51:34 AM

Alts are part of the crypto eco system and will always be, if you think bitcoin is the future, then for sure there is a place for alts as well.
You don't see just 1 stock trading on the stock market either.

yes! alts already established their part in crypto world and there will always be a place, altcoins will recover anytime soon.

I don't think they are doomed. The pump is just because of those bitcoin forks. When the price reached a better stability, other alts will go up again. It really depends on the coin that they invested in.

After bitcoin fork will be the best time for altcoins to recover. A coin with experienced team behind it will never fall. Coins like monero and ripple is one of those so i still not give up

hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:03:11 AM

Bitcoin value is going high every minute, and its gonna keep going up too. So all the people who invested their bitcoin in alts for long term are doomed now.

No, they are going to recover. Maybe not all of them but you just need to know that when btc is rising fast, this what happens and another reason is these forks are making it worst so let's just wait for those to end.

People forget what has happened in the past pretty quickly. If past history is to repeat, the altcoins should see a good recovery after the forks are done, this is what all the experienced traders are doing as they have seen this before
serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:23:51 AM

I see two factor one is upcoming HF and second that price for BTC rising very quickly so BTC buyers aiming next target 10k. Imo, we can hit 10k pretty soon before HF.

SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:25:43 AM

Yes, nothing beats Bitcoin so far in the long term. The only possible alternative may be Bitcoin Cash. Fingers crossed.
Pay4youractivity

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:55:22 AM

People forget what has happened in the past pretty quickly. If past history is to repeat, the altcoins should see a good recovery after the forks are done, this is what all the experienced traders are doing as they have seen this before
The most pointless and dangerous thing in trading is trading in history.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

tuiputui

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:04:31 AM

Bitcoin transactions cost around 5$ and increasing taking around 1 hour to confirm.

Keep the network at this state has a power consumption close to entire countries like Nigeria or Bahrain
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Bitcoin is getting more and more unsuable, and whatever it does it´s done way better, faster, cheaper by alts that cost a couple of dollars. Do you really imagine people buying something in Amazon or Alibaba for 30$ and paying 5$/10$ in fees + waiting hours for the order to confirm?? what´s the point of this system over traditional methods that already doing this better?. I don´t see that, Amazon said they probably make their own coin instead for a reason.

If you want value you need adoption, if you want adoption you need utility...

Bitcoin value is the fact that people buy expecting ROI not expeting it will increase because it will have use.. that´s a bubble.

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

Yeah i am one of those as well. But it is too late to exchange the altcoins to bitcoin. So i am going to hold them and wait for a bullish altcoin thread. If i sell them now i am sure i will loose more money.

turn the page
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:30:29 AM

There's no need to panic so much. Even if BTC has like 60% of the market cap, I'm pretty sure it'll drop to around or less than 50% after all the fork shenanigans are finished. BTC dominance was almost always near 50% before BTG and segwit2x. The money will trickle down to alts soon  Wink

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:36:14 AM

Exactly, people sell altcoins for bitcoin and wait for next hard fork segwit2x, therefore they can make more money. But holding alts makes me painful because we lose much money, alts drops too fast.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

Not totally doomed. There will be a cycle of who go up and go down. For today it is bitcoin that go up and altcoin that go down. Money is going to bitcoin today and after some time money will be back to altcoins.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:32:45 AM

Yeah i am one of those as well. But it is too late to exchange the altcoins to bitcoin. So i am going to hold them and wait for a bullish altcoin thread. If i sell them now i am sure i will loose more money.

I also have a large proportion in alts. I suppose my perspective is based on when I came into crypto in April this year. I bought a lot of ETH and saw it massively outperform bitcoin. In hindsight I should have switched it to BTC as soon as ETH started to peak, but decisions are easy in hindsight. I underestimated bitcoin because all that I'd seen was an ETH boom. Now that I have a few months' more experience following the markets I am not worried about short-term fluctuations.
The BTC rise will tail off at some point, possibly with the segwit2x fork when people will have got their new coin. Good alts will rise again. The thing to do is regularly adjust your holdings so that you have a percentage split that you are happy with. Always learn and gather experience, this is the best way to ensure you make sensible decisions rather than basing choices on panic and FOMO. My decisions now are still a long way from flawless, but they are better than they used to be.
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:50:58 AM

There are still have chances to see some of the altcoin to be pump at least 2x
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:24:14 AM

Yeah I'm one of the those people. We experienced lots of things. And this is not an end.

Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:33:20 AM

It sure looks like that, with bitcoin going up to 10K. Altcoins seem a little bit lost, but that will not last forever. Ethereum will surely get back and so will some other altcoins. But that will take some time, so just hold and aim for the long term.

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:37:53 AM

Yeah I'm one of the those people. We experienced lots of things. And this is not an end.

Yeah, given this time, it is a nice time to buy altcoins because of the low price. You really just need patience in order to earn the best profit. I also believe that this is not the end. There is so much future in these alts especially those decentralized alts like monero and zcash.
HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:46:32 AM

We may have one more move down for the alts, if BTC makes a quick lurch towards $10k. After that, I expect an exhale into alts later this month. First the major alts, then later the lesser alts.

That is presuming the entire crypto market does not collapse due to some black swan event.

Definitely do not want to trapped holding bags of illiquid, lesser alts when the next crypto winter comes (when ever that may or may not be).
I think that it's going to be a different scenario in the long run. Many altcoins fail because the developers didn't plan things out thoroughly.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:49:27 AM

If you play the market and day trade between altcoins and bitcoins, then you could make a lot of money.  Bitcoin is rising fast but that is mainly because of the fork that is happening.  I suspect it will go down a bit and more money would be invested into altcoins.  Now is a great time to buy altcoins as I would forcast the ones that have potential altcoins would gain the most as soon as the bitcoin fork is over.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:25:09 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin will return to nowadays level within the time. The question is would it be higher or lower than the price at the beginning of this growth. To sell Bitcoins on the peak is reasonable thing.

The matter is when it start to fall down.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:58:49 AM

A few weeks or months have nothing to do with long term. And we have been seeing these kinds of movements and phases for as long as cryptos have existed, so there's nothing new here and definitely no "doom".

I don't know behavior like this is what happened in the dot com bust:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-27/what-s-in-a-name-u-k-stock-surges-394-on-blockchain-rebrand
The dot com bubble also had a lot of greedy people who had no idea what they were buying too. So yes, a lot of people will get screwed in crypto, because they're not careful. Doesn't mean that serious long-term investors are going to have any problems here. People got rich during the dot com bubble and people will get rich during the ICO insanity. It's up to the individual if they want to follow the herd or properly study projects.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: