Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung galaxy s5 mining bitcoin?  (Read 1234 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:32:41 PM

I just saw this on a blog. Indian based blog. How possible really is mining bitcoin through your mobile phone(samsung galaxy s5 to be specific).

From what i saw. It seems that the samsung company set the phones like those hardware miners. Theyve also stated that a 7 samsung galaxy s5 can mine faster than the i7 core gpu. If this is really a success it could really be a big help for us. We can easily buy some of this 2ndhand samsung phones and can easily be in the business

They haven't stated what generation was the i7. If it's the first generation then yes, the 7 Samsung Galaxy S5 phones packed with Cortex A15 and Cortex-A7 is quite faster but not that much of a difference. It wouldn't be that much of a help for those wanting to mine with these phones. You will need to completely wipe the OS first on the phones and get their own software specifically for mining before you can even start. Not to mention that you need to spend at least $1050 to get those S5 secondhand without any assurance of it to work all throughout your mining session. An Antminer S9 is around $3000 today, so you just need to find $2000 to get yourself an ample hardware perfect for the job and not waste money on used hardware that doesn't have any guarantee that would last long.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:13:18 PM

We have to confirm this with Samsung. Why the S5 only? Is there some chip or firmware that made it special? Or did something happened during assembly, a freak accident perhaps? Are all units of the S5 or just few hundred?

Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:23:07 PM

Galaxy S5 has a 4-core 2,5 GHz processor, i7 is powered by a 4-core 3,4GHz processor, more recent. So a single phone isn't more powerful as the I7. OP was mentioning 7 S5, combined with a good usage of the processors, it may be more powerful. But it's certainly not cheaper in energy.
You can mine with any phone that can be programmed to mine, but it's often not worth the energy spent.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
darklus123 (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:13:42 PM

I just saw this on a blog. Indian based blog. How possible really is mining bitcoin through your mobile phone(samsung galaxy s5 to be specific).

From what i saw. It seems that the samsung company set the phones like those hardware miners. Theyve also stated that a 7 samsung galaxy s5 can mine faster than the i7 core gpu. If this is really a success it could really be a big help for us. We can easily buy some of this 2ndhand samsung phones and can easily be in the business

They haven't stated what generation was the i7. If it's the first generation then yes, the 7 Samsung Galaxy S5 phones packed with Cortex A15 and Cortex-A7 is quite faster but not that much of a difference. It wouldn't be that much of a help for those wanting to mine with these phones. You will need to completely wipe the OS first on the phones and get their own software specifically for mining before you can even start. Not to mention that you need to spend at least $1050 to get those S5 secondhand without any assurance of it to work all throughout your mining session. An Antminer S9 is around $3000 today, so you just need to find $2000 to get yourself an ample hardware perfect for the job and not waste money on used hardware that doesn't have any guarantee that would last long.
In terms of durability. We know how good samsung phones are in that fields alone specially those old samsung phones(Most of those phone that are created by samsung 2 years 3 years or 4 years ago are still in good condition right now). So i could really say that its durability   equates the durability of your PC. In fact there is no need for you to spend $2000 just to have a 7 galaxy s5.

Galaxy S5 has a 4-core 2,5 GHz processor, i7 is powered by a 4-core 3,4GHz processor, more recent. So a single phone isn't more powerful as the I7. OP was mentioning 7 S5, combined with a good usage of the processors, it may be more powerful. But it's certainly not cheaper in energy.
You can mine with any phone that can be programmed to mine, but it's often not worth the energy spent.

If you are going to think the processor type being used in galaxy s5 a snapdragon is a way more energy efficient than the intel core i7
RMXg1025829

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

In terms of durability. We know how good samsung phones are in that fields alone specially those old samsung phones(Most of those phone that are created by samsung 2 years 3 years or 4 years ago are still in good condition right now). So i could really say that its durability   equates the durability of your PC. In fact there is no need for you to spend $2000 just to have a 7 galaxy s5.

If you are going to think the processor type being used in galaxy s5 a snapdragon is a way more energy efficient than the intel core i7
I agree, much more energy efficient! And why mine btc? the networks too big, mine some KRB sitting .49cents a piece!

Also, as android is linux, theres plenty of mining ports and software available for alot of alt coins, my friend dropped off about 7 ss the other day all with some sort of nuance (dead battery, broken screen etc etc). shouldve kept them hehe
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: