Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Private Key  (Read 1883 times)
Intellecual Romanticist (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:19:00 PM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3031

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:34:31 PM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..

Is there no way to change my Private Keys? I tried exploring MEW but couldn't find that option.

shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:13:43 AM

There is already a warning when filling out a form to not send a wallet key, Do not be in a hurry when filling out the form should be more thorough so that the key of our wallet is safe
Should make a new wallet, and if you have a coin immediately move to the latest wallet

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:14:33 AM

to change prive key you need to make new accound and move your all assets to new address. You can not just change private key in krypto.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 12:51:16 AM

There is already a warning when filling out a form to not send a wallet key, Do not be in a hurry when filling out the form should be more thorough so that the key of our wallet is safe
Should make a new wallet, and if you have a coin immediately move to the latest wallet

Yeah. I actually copy-pasted the Private Key in my notepad instead of the address.

Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 12:53:52 AM

A private key is always linked to a certain address. It is impossible to keep the same address, and in the meantime change the private key. The only way to be sure that you are safe is to change to a new address. It might not be that easy, but it is the only way to be sure that your funds are not stolen by anyone else.
Didin

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:59:02 AM

as i know a private key is immutable
so please keep it secret! if somebody already know it,
you can sent all your ethereum and tokens inside to the new wallet address, and do not use thats address anymore,,

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:02:21 AM

AFAIK it's only 1 private key for 1 address, make a new one to get your new private key for new eth address.

if you joined airdrop, first talk with the manager of the campaign that you made a bad mistake, and if he can't change your address then you should transfer all your coin after the airdop/bounty sent ASAP.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:02:51 AM

Private should not be up for discussion. Before you embark on anything in life you must learn what those things entails. You are writing about changing your private. How on earth could that be possible?

rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:03:11 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change your private key.  However, create a new MEW wallet and save those private keys.  THEN move every single ethereum and all tokens you have acquired from that wallet and move it to your new wallet.  That should take the ease off of someone trying to steal your coins and tokens.
didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:06:49 AM

its very impossible to change the private key,
for now, you can contact the team from the airdrop that you load your private key in,
but before that, you should transfer all your assset to another ethereum wallet

sthgaurav

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:19:03 AM

its best to make a new one and transfer all ether and tokens... its better to be safe than sorry.
agng27

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:19:53 AM

I think you have no choice, you have to move your wallet and create a new wallet ,, all for our convenience and security, never give your private key
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:32:06 AM

in my opinion, create a new MEW wallet, because it is very risky for you if you keep using your MEW wallet
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:34:34 AM

Create a new wallet, Send your coins there.  Do it quick.  Exposing your Etherium key allows someone to steal your Etherium and any Tokens associated with that address. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:37:45 AM

don't waste time, if u 've coins in wallet, create new wallet and transfer coins to it.
tengek37

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:24:26 AM

do not be careless with Private key.
because it can not be replaced.
many people lose their money because of carelessness in keeping the private key.  Grin
bitofc

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:12:19 AM

quickly send all your coins to a brand new wallet that has a brand new private key or seed.
jlanzago

Activity: 266

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:32:19 AM

A private key is a digital signature, that cannot be changed. So if you sent it to any person, or posted it on any site, you should move your tokens and ETH immediately to a new wallet. Don't wait, they are at risk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: