Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:38:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex will support nov 2017 split segwitx2 B2X  (Read 4239 times)
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:05:35 PM

It is always better to keep BTC in paper wallet, where you own your private key. So you can watch the events and then decide, what you want to do without hurry. You can be sure to get the split coins. Some exchangers even have in their TOS, that funds may not be saved for a longer period and should be only deposited for trading/exchanging.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:43:30 PM

It is always better to keep BTC in paper wallet, where you own your private key. So you can watch the events and then decide, what you want to do without hurry. You can be sure to get the split coins. Some exchangers even have in their TOS, that funds may not be saved for a longer period and should be only deposited for trading/exchanging.

Okay, and what would you say is a good programme to create a paper wallet?
Ledger isn't considered a paper wallet right? Since it still involves a company in between?

Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:45:13 PM

Why the tittle teach us an information and the content of this thread not ? Please post the source so we can loot at it too. I want to know because I'm a bittrex user.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:56:20 PM

this get way complicated now.
a list is here after segwitx2 what will do exchanges
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/b2x-or-not-b2x-how-exchanges-will-list-segwit2x-coin/

bittrex will support to new coin? b2x and split to new wallet and allow trade.
coinbase do support and they emailed

and the other whic way is better paper wallet or exchange because paper wallet will take time to claim if fall or raise fast you are out market until you can get a wallet and claim new coins?

I really do not understand why Bittrex do not support segwits. What is the reason why they do not. Other exchanges do support and add the coins that is forked out. Even you sent support a mail on the reason there will be no reply. If November fork will be supported by Bittrex that will be awesome.
Raegorl

Activity: 140

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:02:29 PM

Most exchanges will probably list both coins after the fork, until the market decides which one is the "winning" chain... No one can predict what's gonna happen come the 2x fork, we just have to wait and wager our bets Wink

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:15:31 PM

I have good experience with bittrex in the last BCH fork, when other exchange failed to match the volume, bittrex never has a problem in trading and is one of the first major exchange to allow deposit. so might leave some coins in there too this time.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

Never get fooled by coinbase please and make sure you're absolutely will be given B2X coins after the split. Some people faced serious problems for the previous forks and their coins were not credited to their accounts.

For Bittrex, it had to support this split and as seen, it's supporting it. This also shows B2X will come very strong.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:19:20 PM

I'm not too surprised that bittrex is going to support trading of the b2x coin after the split. For them it's a lot of 'free' volume that is coming in and more volume means more trades and more trades mean more revenue for bittrex. Even though they will support it I don't feel comfortable enough leaving my bitcoin on their platform. I will probably just stick with electrum and make a decision based on the outcome of the fork.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 10:41:59 PM

Bittrex is likely to credit user funds with b2x because the November fork is a major chain of Bitcoin. If they did it for BCH then they will probably do it for B2X too.
Of course, it may better for you to join in the bittrex slack and try to make a direct communication with some people in there or the bittrex team itself.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:35:04 PM

There's already announcement of exchanges to support segwit2x in the coming fork this Novemeber. However there are also exchanges that won't support. This is really a hot issue right now, aI'm quite excited forte coming fork to happen. Don't panic. Stay foot.
HODL to the moon

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:35:22 PM

There's already announcement of exchanges to support segwit2x in the coming fork this Novemeber. However there are also exchanges that won't support. This is really a hot issue right now, aI'm quite excited forte coming fork to happen. Don't panic. Stay foot.

Just today an official announcement came from Bittrex on Twitter. They will credit 1:1 the Segwit coin to all BTC holders! Good News!

hollandalibaykus

Activity: 700
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:52:56 PM

Good news for Bittrex. They supported bitcoin cash last august and the trades were pretty fast.
Still best exchange site is Bittrex Smiley

yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:37:32 PM

Most exchanges will probably list both coins after the fork, until the market decides which one is the "winning" chain... No one can predict what's gonna happen come the 2x fork, we just have to wait and wager our bets Wink
Yes the market decid but sincerely I don't think folks will adopt 2X, Bitcoin have more people who are true to him and most of cryptotrader are against 2X
Cixboy61

Merit: 105

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:44:39 PM

I am waiting that announcement from Bittrex. After them both exchanges announce their road maps according to segwitx2 split.
I wish everything will be fine at fork.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     A N T E X     / // ///     MULTI-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED PROTOCOLS & SERVICES     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram Group     >     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Whitepaper     <     Telegram Channel
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
salterious

Activity: 258

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:46:04 PM

No surprise that the #1 exchange has issued a statement in regards to the upcoming fork. I am glad they are supporting it but hope they make B2X figure out replay protection first because that is a big issue overhead.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:48:07 PM

Binance was very fast with listening btg,bittrex is very good,thay have listed bchbut fail to deliver btg
Supporting 2x wallet could be the best,but chaos in transaction may occure

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:55:54 PM

I think they'll be honest. Even if a lot of user didn't claimed their BTG, it was a shitcoin anyway. Glad to be their customer Wink
fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:05:34 PM

weirdly yobit will and give it to you before the rest...

can never figure that place out.... seems so scammy but then gives you the fork coins early and lets you cash out the real btc from them?

they let you withdraw btc but hold back your corgiscam coins like they are gold dust

weirdest exchange ever.

A nice synopsis of YoBit, they operate pretty oddly (from the outside) and I know of some people who have lost significant BTC there. I do no trade there any longer.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:20:54 PM

this get way complicated now.
a list is here after segwitx2 what will do exchanges
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/b2x-or-not-b2x-how-exchanges-will-list-segwit2x-coin/

bittrex will support to new coin? b2x and split to new wallet and allow trade.
coinbase do support and they emailed

and the other whic way is better paper wallet or exchange because paper wallet will take time to claim if fall or raise fast you are out market until you can get a wallet and claim new coins?

I still have some concerns about holding my BTC on exchange during the fork. It seems like a lot of people decided that they've missed 1$k per bitcoin during the BCH fork and now they are going to hold everything on exchanges to be sure that they will grab their profits asap. I'm afraid that because of the increased volume we can face different maintanances / delays / hacks.
mustangy (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:11:26 AM

really confusing is segwitx2 bx2 canceled suspended or still countdown?
https://cryptobabel.com/b2xcd/

always have antminers and psu for sale please dm
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: