Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICO being ban in many Countries?  (Read 584 times)
AshikurRahmanKhan16 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:54:21 AM

I don't know why ICO system ban in
Our country (Bangladesh)  And I know
there are a few countries doing ban ICO.
But why? is ICO illegal someway?
Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:10:30 AM

Go read up the legalities of selling securities.......cause I'll be fucked if I'm going to explain it to a newbie account from Bangladesh with dodgy English.

Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:25:24 AM

There are many who ask this question and many reasons for the prohibition of ico, including the disruption of the state financial order
And if there is a regulation the government should issue a law rather than a warning. And if ico supported by the state there may be income for the state treasury.
Argoo

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:36:26 AM

Banning the ICO, governments of different countries explain their actions primarily by the need to protect the rights of investors. The fact is that the current ICO is very risky and is used by fraudsters to collect money, after which they do not in many cases fulfill their obligations to investors and other ICO participants. For this, states use the regulation of this process of initial coin release, identifying the team and making the process more transparent. However, as far as I know, in Bangladesh it is generally forbidden to use crypto currency, and not just ICO.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:46:32 AM

Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
There are so many countries out there who have experience like you. Nowadays there are some countries that do apply the system. Usually they are frightened because Bitcoin price spikes are sometimes beyond expectations. Naturally it is something normal, but Bitcoin is very different because Bitcoin price movements sometimes reach hundreds of percent. But you will still be able to use Bitcoin, so far Bitcoin is free to use by all countries and most importantly is when you have internet network connection then you will still be able to use Bitcoin. Firewalls created by a country will not matter because the ever increasing technology will be able to defeat any firewall. Maybe the problem is when we exchange to local currency. This should be a consideration, but once again when we have creativity then I am sure we will be able to do things easily.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:55:53 AM

There are multiple reasons for ICO ban in various countries, however the most used reason by the government is about investors protection.
As you read in most of the posts, 90% + ICOs are scams or not worthy.

ICO Ban is more like a regulation like China did earlier this year. Along with this, there are times, when there are whales working along with financial bodies in a country to bring down the prices, accumulation and removal of bans later to spike them up.

In my view, even though certain countries are banning ICOs, the investors from these countries make there own way to join ICOs as well.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:10:30 AM

Because many ICO does not have regulation, this case can be any fraud in ICO. In my opinion ICO regulation is very important to avoid any fraud or money laundry. In ICO some developer of project can collect a million dollar from ICO participant, if they run away and us all the money for ilegal action then will bad for country. With any regulation will protect investor from fraud.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:12:42 AM

Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
ICOs are the projects that do not pass their identity verifiation over centre authoritatives. Some ICOs keep themselves anonymous by using fake details that actually doesn't belong to them.
Thus the investors make contributions and get scammed at last without getting anything in return.
Country may face financial troubles if they allow people to invest in ICOs,therefore your government doesn't allow ICOs
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:46:51 AM

Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
They are banned in some countries because anyone with enough knowledge about developing a cryptocurrency or token can do this and start their own coin offering and most developers use fake projects to scam their investors but some projects are really worth investing. That is why some government are stepping up, it's either they will ban it or they will find a way to regulate it to protect investors from their country and also governments will find a way to get benefits from ICOs.
hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:47:20 AM

It is because the governments do not understand and are fearful of the technology or they see it as a vehicle just for scamming investors (granted there are a lot of scams out there) - the argument is used that the government is regulating/banning in such a way to 'protect' inexperienced investors from losing money
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:53:17 AM

Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
ico raises investors' funds without a clear guarantee. the reason is fraud
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:03:55 AM

ICO being ban in some countries maybe because they consider cryptocurrency token sales to be an unauthorised and illegal public financing activity, which involves financial crimes such as the illegal distribution of financial tokens, the illegal issuance of securities and illegal fund raising, financial fraud and pyramid schemes & disrupted financial order in their country.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:11:51 AM

One of the role of a Government is to protect their citizens including their finances, so if we all agreed that most of these ICOs will either fail in long run who will bear the loss, so what they are trying to do is to prevent their citizen from this coming loss.
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:12:57 AM

In my country the government does not allow Bitcoin to trade but they still allow for investment, maybe in your country the economy is affecting the politics so the government puts the law Banned the ICO

Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:01:05 AM

Nowadays a flood of ICOs in crypto market and many new ICOs not do as per their commitment and many investors get loss lot of money because of no regulation about it. Many countries don't want their people to loss their hard earned money in shady ICOs and for safeguarding their peoples interests they are banning ICOs.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
anzach87

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:24:44 AM

because many countries wants profits from them and for the moment cant have:)
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

One of the reasons why they want a regulation with cryptocurrencies is because people earn money here without any tax. So sometimes they think it is illegal.

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 01:33:50 PM

as domestic regulation leads to the building of arrange with the customs of work with the ico schemes,
the systematical gives of reference as the use to helps of beginner start up company to raise funds as entering field of business.

sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:15:22 PM

perhaps many countries are banning as in my country the government does not let Bitcoin trade but they still allow investment, maybe in your country the economy is influencing politics so the government puts the law to ban ICO because it might be considered to be affecting the economy.
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:17:14 PM

Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
Because ICOs are being misused by some greedy people to collect and scam new investors,thats why some government are protecting their people.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: