Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
Kattleya

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:50:25 AM

I agree with what you are saying 100%. I tried sharing Bitcoin with my family and friends. Not everyone was very open to it. Because of it's complexity, people would easily dismiss the idea as a whole or tag it as a scam. It's ridiculous. Even when I use materials that are so simple in explaining it, I am still unable to convince all the people I talk to 100%. However, I've also come to a realization that it is not for everyone. Even with basic technology, not everyone is willing to accept. This is similar with cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monomix

Activity: 117
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:52:43 AM

if you deep into any other subject technology details, it certainly will get too complicated for an average person. do you need that to use the product of that technology? though bitcoin does require to become familiar with some new issues and routines, like how to .... and internet security, but you would go the same path for any other new thing
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:56:55 AM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

if you are new then you can say it is complicated and those that give up easily are not interested in bitcoin. you yourself is making it complicated. doing bitcoin is fun if you are interested in it

Yep bitcoin is easy to be used for right now even right now we can buy and sell just by smartphone Android or iPhone, many applications out there can do it, when we used the bitcoin doesn't needed knowledge about the programming language.
When used bitcoin we just need basic knowledge of the bitcoin are like send and receive the bitcoin, secure the private key on right place all of this knowledge are available on the internet.
sufferer123

Activity: 574
Merit: 55

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 06:57:55 AM

The internet was also very confused for average people at some time. With the new generation, the internet has become something everyone knows now. Bitcoin will also become a used currency after many years, known by everyone like the internet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:01:52 AM

From my opinion, yes it is, bitcoin is just too complicated for normies that rarely surf deeper into the internet or never ever trying to know how things work in the internet. and these people, also rarely use paypal aswell
Maybe some people need to develop a software that making the usage of all these cryptocurrencies easier, without the need of knowing the basic knowledge of what is address, sha-256, json, or else.
But man, if the guy you explained that further with the most possible simplest material still don't get it, better to leave it out.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:16:29 AM

Yes, for those who dontbhave interest in bitcoin. But in course of time and if you really like to learn i guess its a simple math technique.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:22:39 AM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.

It's true that Bitcoin might be too complicated for less tech-savvy people, but the thing is, younger generation is very comfortable around computers and apps, so it won't be a problem in the future. And since Bitcoin is still young too, this is not really a big problem, in 10 years most people below 40 would be quite comfortable with using Bitcoin. And when something is being mass adopted, younger generation will help older generation, just like it happened with smartphones and the Internet.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:24:43 AM

It depends on what activity you are into. Trading, ofcourse, requires sufficient knowledge and strategies to be mastered. It also requires much of your time because you have to keep track of your coin's market situation to be able to know when it is best to buy or sell them or which among your owned coins have high demand in the market. But when you are still a newbie, make sure you read threads and discussions in this forum because that will help you understand bitcoin more. So far, bitcoin is the easiest coin to manage. Also, the price of alt coins are much harder to predict compared to bitcoins.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:37:37 AM

As it requires some basic knowledge about Internet as well with the related technology factors it's not that easily used by the average people who contribute a major percentage to the population. When years pass it would be so user friendly than the present, and even now apps has made it more user friendly if they have a small knowledge in operating and understanding the step by step procedure.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:42:43 AM

You may be right for that, but I think if they want to learn and follow the process, maybe they will understand, because I think to know it all takes time and learning, if they do not want to learn and never follow the process, I'm sure they will never understand forever.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:59:13 AM

Well I don't believe in TOO complicated, I believe in teaching people. I remember how hard it was to learn how a computer works or how to use the internet back in the old days, but we learned pretty quickly. As always, those who adapt and want to learn will profit, those who cry "too complicated" will be left behind.

But as I said, computers were too complicated for the average people 30 years ago and look where we are now. It won't take that long before blockchain technology will be very accessible and user friendly. 
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:22:35 AM

I don't think so. Its very easy to understand and use. Anyone can get use to it in a short period of time.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:26:51 AM

Well no pain no gain, no efforts no money, Bitcoin is not some science or algebra that you need to understand, it's a simple currency you buy it like you buy and sell stocks, like you need to buy a stock you contact a broker who places that order on the exchanges, that's how simple it gets. People often misunderstand this whole concept of Bitcoins, thinking it's difficult and complicated, but in reality it's very simple and easy to understand you don't need to do anything that great.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:28:37 AM

That would depend on your definition of average, OP. Almost anyone can have access to the internet or own a mobile device even without any educational attainment. However, those are not enough for you to utilize bitcoin and cryptocurrency properly. One would have to be able to understand the use of a wallet, the fluctuations of the prices and at least basic knowledge about blockchain technology otherwise they might get lost while using it or even worse, misuse it. Surely, bitcoin is not simple to a lay man. It does not require high intelligence but its features would need some understanding and a bit of skill.
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:48:14 AM

What is initially complicated is understanding the personal responsibility of being your own banker holding your own keys.

Once you get past that hurdle it is fairly easy, and seems easier as one acclimates to the increased responsibility.

This is not some whimsical game, this is real life finance where you are the boss. Once you understand that it is easy.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:49:55 AM

It's not complicated for ordinary people, you are trying to make it complicated. Do you worry about fees for transactions? Do not worry because no one will help you free.

That can be said at first glance. However, I think that even "ordinary" people (ordinary -- I mean not business inclined) can still learn the ins and outs of the bitcoin market, if they would put the time and effort in learning it. In many third world countries, most bitcoin users are self-thought and didn't really learn about business at school or professionally.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
ymirymir

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:54:06 AM

This is true, I've known bitcoin for 4 years. However, I still have a lot of things to learn about it. Bitcoi  is to complicated and complex to understand.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:03:09 AM

People who use Youtube and Facebook should have no problem using Bitcoin wallet and Bitcoin as currency. It is peoples will, they do not want to engage, they think that Bitcoin is something that they don't need, because they have their money (dollars or some other currecny). Paying for fees when buying and selling is part how that company make money. When you go to exchange office they take fee too. To using Bitcoin you don't have to know blockchain technology. Bitcoin is not complicated, that would say only persons who are not interested in Bitcoin.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:43:11 AM

there are different level of BTC technology, it depends how deep you want to go in order to understand it fully.
You have money and want to surf the BTC wave? alright, you just need to know what's an exchanger, the meaning of offline wallet and just some basic info about stock market (which you might already have with options, it works in the same way).
What to go deeper? deal, you have to learn what blockchain means, why you need x confirmation for the transaction and so on.
"we need to go deeper", that's up to you at this point.

First layer it's quite simple to be honest (not easy, simple), then it gets a bit more complicated (nothing very hard for an average person), the other layers are for people who are curious about this technology and not just about BTC market value.
b_parin

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:44:48 AM

Yes, your suggestion is a great idea. I believe that it will happen by time as bitcoin is being popular to many countries today. As many people willing to invest, most of those who managed wallets will create a newbie friendly registration and also lessen the transaction fees.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: