Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
kapustin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:28:11 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

It is not at all complicated to invest in Bitcoins. There are so many blogs with detailed tutorials related to making accounts on different exchanges and doing transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:09:48 PM

I think the OP is right. Let's not just sidetrack what he's said. For the "average" person bitcoin is complicated in comparison to a regular fiat account. Very much so in fact.

With bitcoin you need to transfer to an exchange that accepts fiat currency (most of them don't). You then need to buy bitcoin from within a sea of red/ green everchanging prices. Your dollar will get you a lot more or a lot less bitcoin today compared to yesterday or tomorrow, and nobody knows which way it will go. Once you have your bitcoin you then need to store it. You need to find a wallet. You need your wallet address, itself a string of more than thirty letters and characters that you have no way of remembering so you have to write it down. You also need your private keys. And if you lose these then your bitcoin is gone. Forever.

You also then need apps or cards that store bitcoin to be able to use it and even then you'll find most places won't accept bitcoin as payment. Even the very few that do will give you a different price of their goods because of the extreme fluctuations in bitcoin's value, so you have no stable price of goods which makes it impossible to budget with your money. Even if you do actually buy something with bitcoin you will have to pay hefty transaction fees that go to miners to confirm your transaction on a digitised ledger called the blockchain.

Most people don't even understand very simple notions like, for example, the difference between a fixed rate and a variable rate on a savings account. Some struggle to even use a basic calculator! What chance would they have with the above?

Therefore, all the people on here answering that bitcoin is no more complicated than regular currency are clearly deluded.

Lol

The only deluded person here is you or perhaps plain foolish. Do you even know how regular currency works? You speak a lot but say nothing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:12:20 PM

Bitcoin might be complicated for older generations that don't use Internet and other technologies that much but for younger it shouldn't be difficult. Anyway I think that everyone who has a little interest and will can easily learn the basics that could help him to understand and use bitcoin.
Rajatruck

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:14:47 PM

it's not particularly complicated, it's mostly very raw, but like the forex, very simple platform will see the day
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:40:19 PM

Bitcoin accepted as global currency but still it is complicated for  majority of people because pof less knowledge and unawareness.They believe that it is like mystery but in real Bitcoin is latest amazing technology of current era.

Bitcoin access is possible even for average people by conducting seminar,community mobilization to create awareness.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

When i started with cryptocurrency i honestly dont know anything about it.
But that doesnt stopme from pursuing in this field.
There are a lot of ways for anyone to familiarize themselves with it.
They may ask people who have been with crypto first or make use of the internet and search anything about cryptocurrency.
I do believe that if someone has the perseverance and will then he/ she will also succeed in cryptocurrency.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:53:34 PM

Actually the use of bitcoin should not be as complicated as you say. In fact I think that the vast majority of those who are now involved in this ecosystem arrived here without much prior knowledge in computer science and yet we have learned the basics of bitcoin on the fly. And I think that most people have the intellectual capacity to incorporate this nine technology into their lives, just as they were coupled to cell phones and the internet
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:03:09 PM

Not at all, I feel it is so simple the bitcoin, it's almost like visa lol.

Just treat it as regular money.
It's really not complicated at all and it doesn't take one to be a genius to know how bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies work at all and i think that with a little bit of reading and education, one can know all there is to know about it without a big deal at all.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:15:58 PM

When I learned about Bitcoin it also seemed to me too complicated, to difficult to be understood. However, with time I got it: it can be easy even for simple people without special education.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:46:25 PM

Not everything is impossible, even some below the average person who can learn what about bitcoin and its usefulness. People should only learn or research what they do and should love bitcoin if they want to learn slowly. Cool
LegGekkouga

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:06:02 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.

Man, bitcoin is simple its just all about the person on either he/she is willing to learn ir not.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SNAPCITY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Geo-location adventure game ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ TOKENSALE   ❱ ❱  ANN   ❱ ❰  BOUNTY ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:07:59 PM

Bitcoin accepted as global currency but still it is complicated for  majority of people because pof less knowledge and unawareness.They believe that it is like mystery but in real Bitcoin is latest amazing technology of current era.

Bitcoin access is possible even for average people by conducting seminar,community mobilization to create awareness.

You are right. Bitcoin is designed in accordance with the digital era. Modern society needs only a few adjustments to be able to use it, but for the previous generation, I took my parents' example, quite difficult to understand. After all, tutorials on bitcoin are still limited. Learning resources will be more effective if through seminars or workshops are guided by experts.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
It's not complicated for ordinary people, you are trying to make it complicated. Do you worry about fees for transactions? Do not worry because no one will help you free.

I also worry, its not about free or not but its too high.
I dont mind that i should pay the fee but its not that high. If so high then it will small holder like me because my bitcoin loss bigger in fee than amount sent.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:11:11 PM

Bitcoin like other cryptocurrencies, has a lot of difference when compared with fiat currency or other related means of payment. It is also not so complicated. It requires that one would have to invest time to study it properly before investing in or with fiat currency.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:14:06 PM

actually not complicated but how they understand and how much intention to learn and also for those who have no computer experience can definitely exist if there is a strong intention to learn.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:29:10 PM

For beginners it's hard to know bitcoin, but they think it's just a monopoly but it's up to them slowly they'll realize how useful bitcoin is like the internet. Cool
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:19:57 AM

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.

Learning is diverse to each one of us. One can learn from observing. One can learn from listening. One can learn from using both observing and listening. But, one can learn best if observing and listening will be infused with direct experience or hands on on how to do it. Experience is the best teacher after all.
Nothing is too complicated for people who are enthusiastic to learn.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:44:59 AM

It is not at all complicated to invest in Bitcoins. There are so many blogs with detailed tutorials related to making accounts on different exchanges and doing transactions.

Yeah remember there is always google and youtube and people can ask this two platforms and can get a lot of information about what they are searching on it. But not all people can use this kind of technology because not everyone can afford to buy a smart phone or a computer and pay internet bills. We are lucky enough that we can use this kinds of privileges in our lives.  Smiley

But even bitcoin and blockchain is a little bit complicated everyone can easily learn this technologies as long that they have access to the internet. Grin
imteaz (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:37:13 AM

Yeah remember there is always google and youtube and people can ask this two platforms and can get a lot of information about what they are searching on it. But not all people can use this kind of technology because not everyone can afford to buy a smart phone or a computer and pay internet bills. We are lucky enough that we can use this kinds of privileges in our lives.  Smiley

But even bitcoin and blockchain is a little bit complicated everyone can easily learn this technologies as long that they have access to the internet. Grin

Thanks for your input, yes now a days there are tons of video on yotube, and also lots of trading videos explain how to buy different coin, i believe it's getting easy day by day.
And more people will able to buy bitcoin.

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:47:54 AM

Thanks for your input, yes now a days there are tons of video on yotube, and also lots of trading videos explain how to buy different coin, i believe it's getting easy day by day.
And more people will able to buy bitcoin.

I think bitcoin doesn't have to be complicated if a person has enough interest and curiosity. It may only take time to get used to it. Bitcoin is for all types of people even the average ones although it may be faster for tech savvy people to understand it but still anyone can learn and understand it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: