Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:46:06 AM

There are many services that make it easy to buy and use Bitcoin, and further development along those lines is going on all the time.  Keep in mind you don't need to understand the Federal Reserve and all the details about the banking system, credit card systems and so forth to use dollars. It's the same way with Bitcoin.

Signing up with Coinbase or Gemini is no more difficult than getting an account anywhere else, and linking a bank account to them is no different than setting up auto-payments for things like a mortgage bill. As far as fees go, if you are paying 5-7% you are doing it wrong. For example you can do an ACH transfer from your bank to Coinbase, transfer the money from Coinbase to GDAX when it arrives, set a limit order on GDAX to buy your bitcoin, and then transfer it to your personal wallet. The fees for doing all of that? Exactly 0 satoshis/cents.

That's right. I mean, there are so many platforms one can use to actually learn and be knowledge with activities related to Bitcoin. Everyone in the cryptocurrency market started out as newbies, and  their expertise came from different avenues such as continued reading and watching tutorial videos, experience and practice, and the need and curiosity to learn for improvement purposes. I think that if a person would just apply enough time and enough, even if he is an "average" person per se, say in the field of business, he or she can be able to learn and be able to use cryptocurrencies at its maximum potential for his advantage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ExtraLovers

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:12:51 PM

Bitcoin does not stop transforming. With current growth Lightning network it could transform in real competitor for FIAT money. The current trend indicates that he has been programmed to evolutionate.
The main challenge for Bitcoin's is safeguard from cyber-thieves/bad people. But if compare with FIAT system. It threatening in the large scale. It’s touches every consumer. And suffers the most those who have less money.
The current growing generation will adapt quickly and easy to technical aspects. Just need time. And this technology will touch everyone.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:17:44 PM

Technologically, Bitcoin indeed is way too complicated for an average person who doesn't understand much tech or coding part. Even, for a currency or trading purpose, a proper guide about wallets, private and public keys, safety, security, exchanges etc is required. Else, people can easily get scammed in cryptocurrency market. I think this complications is also a hurdle in the popularity of crptocurrencies and it is also a main reason that cryptocurrencies is  more popular among millennial and not among elders.
sammedy

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:04:08 PM

Its true, but its a matter of time for it to become more and more accessible. Services like coinbase will appear more and more and generally it will become more available.
babala

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:26:49 PM

For me it is not complicated for average people, because even a ordinary people can understand bitcoin as long as he is willing to learn about it. The willingness will help to know and more widen knowledge about bitcoin.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

Well we are on a modern time today, when technologies are growing too fast. It develops as a speed of light. Others can't feel it because they don't focus on here bitcoin.
geverciss

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

Bitcoin is indeed not a piece of cake. One can grasp the basics without going into details but to truly get the topic the knowledge of hash functions and digital signatures is absolutely required to acquired in the first place.

ToddDiaz

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:00:47 PM

I think Bitcoin has  a lot to do with mentality, how you see it, if you think its complicated then it will be almost impossible to deal with, if you ready your mind then it will just be okay. i personally don't think its that complicated.
meshow1

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:03:37 PM

Not at all, I feel it is so simple the bitcoin, it's almost like visa lol.

Just treat it as regular money.
Well for me i dont think so that bitcoin is too complicated for average people, As if theyre too smart to be complicated and difficult to understand bitcoin system.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

I said this before, you don't have to understand the underlying technology to use Bitcoin. You can compare it to banks, do you really understand the banking system? For most people, the answer is no, but they are still using it. The user interface of wallet software decides the level of complexity. Luckily Bitcoin has a wide variety of different wallets, that are ranging from easy to complicated. These days there is something for everyone, you just need to make the right choice for a wallet.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:14:19 PM

I think it depends on your level of willingness to learn about it. Because if you really are not interested about bitcoin then it would be hard for you to understand it. I remembered a saying my grandma told me when I asked her if she wants to learn how to use a cellphone, she said about you can’t teach an old dog new tricks and that’s what it is for people hesitant to learn about bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:28:23 PM

There's no such thing as complicated nor hard to everyone like everything is within the reach of our fingertips as so we can easily know the basics of crypto currency. If someone is eager to know and its willingness to adopt new innovation so there's nothing too complicated and please stop the stereotype in crypto world because there's no level of intellectual quotient is required here, as long as you want something then be it.

Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:43:48 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.
I agree but it depends in their willingness to learn the many things in bitcoin.If we know that they are an average people we must be  concern to them to teach and to inform them what is bitcoin because through this way we will help them to have also their source of income.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

To be honest, it doesn't require a lot of brain power just to invest in bitcoins or alt coins. It may be true that it has a lot of works going on in the background, but that doesn't the average joe can't research anything about it. All of the source material ypu need to fully understand bitcoins is in the internet.

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

i dont think so...complicated or not it depend willingness from the people itself...they want learn it or not?...if they want learn it so they can learn it easily but it need long time though...but if you just see bitcoin as scam or something bad you will never know it well
piter_wip12592

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:06:07 PM

This is an investment market for technologists. But if you have passion then you can learn. To invest in this market is not too difficult for those not technologically savvy. Just as I started to learn it took me 4 months to find out.
pumbum

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

when the computer was created and was in use, too, it seemed difficult to many, but later it was simplified and made a more intuitive interface. I think bitcoin will be the same. but at this point, I think people who understood the essence of everything should be grateful to themselves and their perseverance that they were able to overcome it for themselves not to forget and learn to the end.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:45:53 PM

Bitcoin is complicated .You must do research and asked for gelp from other people ,you must used the internet to the best to your ability.People must  keep them updated with the changes in the financial activities   of bitcoin. daily.

Previously I made my own research to remove the situation so as not to be complicated. And I think everything is fine. My suggestion is to search for information in different forums. When you start using Bitcoin, it can be complicated to understand, if we do not have a solid foundation of crypto currency.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:34:05 AM

It's not that bitcoin is difficult to use, it's just a new concept for most people. The more popular it becomes, more streamlined apps and wallets will be developed, and maybe more effort will be put in to educating people about how to buy in and manage their accounts.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:37:16 AM

This is precisely the reason gathering is made for , individuals new to BTC would come to find out about it by taking an interest in the discussion , they would become more acquainted with numerous things about BTC with various veiws from various individuals. I mean a large portion of us came to think about BTC by this discussion .the general population would then contribute their opportunity on gathering rather than online networking locales . At that point I don't figure it would be hard for an ordinary individual to utilize btc .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: