Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Not only bitcoin but all cryptocurrencies are too complicated for average people, both for understanding how they function, and for understanding how to actually use them.  This creates some adoption problem. I guess adoption rate will explode only once we have very user friendly interfaces for mainstream users. This I hope will happen with time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

Nothing is really simple unless you try it. All things come through if you practice and ask for help in using it. Bitcoin is really hard to understand at first. But the more you dive in with it, the more you will understand how it works. You really just need to put effort in learning what it is so that you will find it easier in the long run. When the time comes that you’ll understand how it works, you’ll start to learn how to manage your bitcoin well.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:57:18 PM

Your brief lecture about Bitcoin is very knowledgeable and even helped someone who already spent a long time in this forum. Average people who currently use Bitcoin as a mode of transaction knows only very little about the knowledge needed to know how and why it works. I guess, the Bitcoin Platform is easy to understand but the Blockchain Technology which is behind most of Cryptocurrencies is complicated to learn and would take time before you can know how, why and what it is doing for modern technologies. 
Hung0507

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:02:04 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.
I do not think bitcoin is too complicated. Everyone can learn it. The laziness has made many people think that bitcoin is complex. I was a computer lover, but bitcoin attracted me, and I spent over a day learning about bitcoin. Find out about bitcoin information and chain events to come up with the right conclusions.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:06:30 PM

I will have to disagree with OP and say that Bitcoins isn't really complicated at all, Even Children are able to invest into Bitcoins and make profit but the pre-requirement is that you must at least know how to use a computer and access the internet without any help.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

Bitcoin complicated maybe it's for people who have not known bitcoin or use it. If you already understand about bitcoin is easy, learn about bitcoin. You really should try to learn what it is so that you will feel easier in the long run. When you understand, you will be able to manage bitcoin well.  Smiley
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

Maybe for people who do not know bitcoin, consider bitcoin is complicated. Actually bitcoin is not complicated if we learn and find out about bitcoin. And if I think bitcoin is like ordinary money.

morisanjohn

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:02:39 PM

I think there are so many sources available in all languages that take different approach to explain cryptocurrency as a whole concept and specifically bitcoin as well, that it just takes time and focus and, well, practice, to understand. The problem is that there are many people who invest a lot without having any understanding of what they are doing, and then they end up loosing their money. So as much as I don't want to be a bore, but everyone should "do their homework" before investing seriously.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:04:12 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
that's right. I also think it is quite complicated. It takes a lot of time to get used to it. I think in order to get acquainted with it quickly, new entrants to invest btc should learn some knowledge and how to make deals from people they know. That will save time.
Never underestimate the capability of a average person. It's easy to understand this tech the only problem I see is being lazy to learn new things makes them quit. Also the volatility of the value in digital currency makes this a reason for them not to engage in this technology rather they will stay in a traditional way of fiat money.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 10:33:34 PM

that's right. I also think it is quite complicated. It takes a lot of time to get used to it. I think in order to get acquainted with it quickly, new entrants to invest btc should learn some knowledge and how to make deals from people they know. That will save time.
Never underestimate the capability of a average person. It's easy to understand this tech the only problem I see is being lazy to learn new things makes them quit. Also the volatility of the value in digital currency makes this a reason for them not to engage in this technology rather they will stay in a traditional way of fiat money.

they just need to join a crypto community that is actively engaged in transactions, self-taught does not always work because more people are just exploring theory. business with fund management plus big risks can only be understood by people who dare to speculate, at least they have experience in similar business about investment.
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:35:06 PM

First time i was really confused too, but it took some times to understand how it works. So you need to spend some time to understand, or else it will be bit difficult for general people.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
jpnl0002

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:18:29 PM

you are surely right if you say Bitcoin is too complicated for average people. i have often times introduced the blockchain technological topics that are regularly talked about everywhere today, the responses i get in return confirms this subject matter. average people are not on the bitcoin and the blockchain technology. thanks
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:49:00 PM

Nothing is really simple unless you try it. All things come through if you practice and ask for help in using it. Bitcoin is really hard to understand at first. But the more you dive in with it, the more you will understand how it works. You really just need to put effort in learning what it is so that you will find it easier in the long run. When the time comes that you’ll understand how it works, you’ll start to learn how to manage your bitcoin well.

I think everything is clearly explained here. It is true that its quite hard for an average people to easily understand the principle of bitcoin at first. But the more you learn it and understand how it will be done. You will really know that bitcoin is a users friendly and a source of extra ordinary income if you strive hard to manage it properly. There is nothing that will remain complicated if we are eager to learn it even if we are belongs to an average educated people.
xraisers

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:01:55 PM

Though,  it is complicated at first sight but once you research enough about what it is and how it works then it would be easy for you to gain bitcoin faster and steadier and just as what you've said Claiming faucet is the first way newbies earn bitcoin since it's the most common thing you can search on google about how to earn bitcoin and after learning bitcoin that other complicated things the we encounter is about how altcoins and bitcoin is connected and it's difference.
MorganFreemanBeard

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

Indeed , in addition my government still not legalized bitcoin yet so people have less knowledge and less awareness about bitcoin.
But if we see the positive side, there are a lot that bitcoin do and fiat can't do especially on this digital era.
kingofrogues07

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:06:11 PM

This is still an early stage of crypto. It will clear out in future and be more approachable to us.
Even for those who don't use computers.
BlackSeaConqueror

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:06:44 PM

It is as easy as it gets. Compared to other investment where you have do a lot of paperwork, here everything is already online. No middle man. Just you and your bitcoin. On the issue of fees, just think that they're not doing this for free. But also that it benefits us as without exchanges, bitcoin won't prosper.
WesternCowboyBibop

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:08:23 PM

Acutally you are right. BTC is too complicated ( Blockchain, mining, altcoins, markets, airdrops, wallets, pools...etc). But for investor wallet and market account is enought to invest in cryptocurreny.
LetsTalkMoneyxD

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:08:53 PM

it's not particularly complicated, it's mostly very raw, but like the forex, very simple platform will see the day.
MZMARY

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:13:36 PM

Yes, I also noticed that bitcoin is a very complex fruit to the touch, ordinary people. He is given with difficulty and many are culling the oldest crypto currency Bitcoin. For example, Bitxoven, bitoven, bitokek and every way I have enough for fantasy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: