Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of selling..  (Read 1624 times)
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:48:04 PM

op is selling nothing,  this scam has been posted before.  nobody can sell their google glass because it is against googles terms of service to sell this state of the art device.

lol@toscantbebroken. Really now? Tell that to the millions of people who break TOS's every single day.

Except that Glass bricks itself when you transfer it to another person.

This is an obvious scam which is why he dodged my pic request.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
Burdy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:49:39 PM

What do you mean it bricks itself?

Also whats the deal with these glasses?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:49:59 PM

op is selling nothing,  this scam has been posted before.  nobody can sell their google glass because it is against googles terms of service to sell this state of the art device.

lol@toscantbebroken. Really now? Tell that to the millions of people who break TOS's every single day.

Except that Glass bricks itself when you transfer it to another person.

This is an obvious scam which is why he dodged my pic request.

How does that work? Is it tied to a Google account? And in that case the account could just be transferred with it...?

Either way, I wouldn't trust it without escrow regardless.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
a1phanumrc

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

How does that work? Is it tied to a Google account? And in that case the account could just be transferred with it...?

Unfortunately for the 8,000 people chosen for Google's Glass Explorer Program, Google can (and probably will) deactivate your device if you try to sell it or give it away. If you suddenly become strapped for cash or decide you don't like Glass, tough luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/google-glass-sell_n_3109545.html

Unless otherwise authorized by Google, you may only purchase one Device, and you may not resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your Device to any other person. If you resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your device to any other person without Google’s authorization, Google reserves the right to deactivate the Device, and neither you nor the unauthorized person using the Device will be entitled to any refund, product support, or product warranty.

http://www.google.com/glass/terms/

Burdy

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:02:12 PM

What's so special about these glasses?
a1phanumrc

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:06:04 PM

What's so special about these glasses?

Google Glass

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:09:38 PM

Unfortunately for the 8,000 people chosen for Google's Glass Explorer Program, Google can (and probably will) deactivate your device if you try to sell it or give it away. If you suddenly become strapped for cash or decide you don't like Glass, tough luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/google-glass-sell_n_3109545.html

Unless otherwise authorized by Google, you may only purchase one Device, and you may not resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your Device to any other person. If you resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your device to any other person without Google’s authorization, Google reserves the right to deactivate the Device, and neither you nor the unauthorized person using the Device will be entitled to any refund, product support, or product warranty.

I don't see how Google would know it was sold though. People travel all the time. People log on to accounts in different places. Unless you explicitly told Google you had sold them, the chances of them finding out would be almost nonexistent, I would think.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Burdy

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

Its getting a little ridiculous what they are coming out with now. I find it sad that anyone would need or even use these. If you need to look up an address or phone number or w/e take a min pull your phone out and do it. Do we really need glasses like this?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:12:35 PM

Its getting a little ridiculous what they are coming out with now. I find it sad that anyone would need or even use these. If you need to look up an address or phone number or w/e take a min pull your phone out and do it. Do we really need glasses like this?

But this is the future! THE FUTURE!

I think they're cool, but not in the "I'd pay over $1000" way. More like $150 or so tops, just for the fun of having them.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:16:36 PM

Come on, this isn't even the future it's the present. The close future replaces these things with lenses and the somewhat distant future replaces it with a nice implants. Google has this idea too as they made a (fictional) television series about the H+ Nano Teoranta http://www.youtube.com/user/HplusDigitalSeries (I liked the series btw).

Don't forget this is supposed to be the information age!
shayle (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:21:41 PM

Thanks guys for the help.  And yes its against the ToS to sell it. No it doesnt brick itself if you hand it to someone else or change the Google account..  Google does reserve the right to brick it if they find out you violated the ToS though:

"You may not resell, loan, transfer, or give your device to any other person. If you resell, loan, transfer, or give your device to any other person without Google's authorization, Google reserves the right to deactivate the device, and neither you nor the unauthorized person using the device will be entitled to any refund, product support, or product warranty."

But alternatively, if its given as a gift, its fine:

"You may give the Device as a gift, unless otherwise set forth in the Device Specific Addendum. "

You can read the full terms here:

a1phanumrc

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:36:06 PM

But alternatively, if its given as a gift, its fine:

"You may give the Device as a gift, unless otherwise set forth in the Device Specific Addendum. "

You can read the full terms here:

No, this applies to the production devices. Yours is the Explorer Edition, right? Those are the only units available to the public at the moment IIRC.

Device Specific Addendum

Glass Explorer Edition

This Device Specific Addendum only applies if you purchase a Glass Explorer Edition Device.

You must be 18 years or older, a resident of the United States, and authorized by Google as part of the Glass Explorer program in order to purchase or use Glass Explorer Edition. Unless otherwise authorized by Google, you may only purchase one Device, and you may not resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your Device to any other person. If you resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your device to any other person without Google’s authorization, Google reserves the right to deactivate the Device, and neither you nor the unauthorized person using the Device will be entitled to any refund, product support, or product warranty.

shayle (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:41:01 PM

Yep Explorer.. The addendum in that link i provided lists the explorer specific terms.

It looks like it adds this: "you may only purchase one Device, and you may not resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your Device to any other person."

So looks like no loophole for gifts..
a1phanumrc

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:49:17 PM

Nope, it's stupid really. You pay $1500 for a device and it's essentially still owned by Google. Fail on Google's part.

(Keep in mind you can request to transfer it with Google's permission. But I would speak to someone at Google first before selling it.)

Good luck.

seller

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:52:51 PM

fail on all our part for not recognizing the scam in the op and feeding into the nonsense.
shayle (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:58:46 PM

They did revise the FAQ recently:

"Yes. The philosophy of the Explorer Edition is "one device for one person," but we understand that there are situations where you might want to loan the device to a family member, friend, or colleague. Please don't sell, rent, or otherwise make a profit off the device. That's not allowed, nor is it in the Explorer spirit."

https://support.google.com/glass/answer/3064131 (Under loaning)
ielcl

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:27:28 PM

Hey guys, I received Google glass recently and I was thinking of selling it for bitcoins.

Any idea how I could do that in a way that is secure for both parties?

Best,
Shayle

pls sell it to me.
lambdaE

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:35:26 PM

Hey guys, I received Google glass recently and I was thinking of selling it for bitcoins.

Any idea how I could do that in a way that is secure for both parties?

Best,
Shayle

bitmit
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

Nope, it's stupid really. You pay $1500 for a device and it's essentially still owned by Google. Fail on Google's part.

(Keep in mind you can request to transfer it with Google's permission. But I would speak to someone at Google first before selling it.)

Good luck.

Wait a minute... you're telling me people paid full price for their BETA item? And to make matters worse they don't truly own it and are basically just "borrowing" from Google (due to the ToS, that's essentially what it is -- borrowing)?

JoeMattie

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:54:08 PM

Hmm...

If you were selling an oculus rift then we'd be talkin'!

Bitrated user: AKQuaternion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: