Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much alts got pumped?  (Read 552 times)
Vingge (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:22:58 AM

Heh, greetings.

Looking at top100 coins on coinmarketcap and figure out a lot of incredible swings for now reason (for me as a newbie).
What do you thing, how much of them is simply pumped?
How much of such swings can be predicted based on open information?
Is it any reason to focus on alts with their 20-30-40% growth over 24h?
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:41:31 AM

Most of the coins were dropped yesterday and got back today on their stable price, but few of them did get pumped a lot from past few days maybe because of current Bitcoin price? by 'reason to focus' you mean investing in them? no point investing in a coin when the price is already on its peak unless you think it has more growth potential, I invest in coins when the price is low/dropped like yesterday most of the alt-coins were red% and was good time to buy.

tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:47:01 AM

A lot of coins were simply recovering their price somewhat as bitcoin price 'stabilised'. Some increase more than others and usually there is some stimulus behind this but you need to keep up to date with that project in order to get in on those potential rises in advance. Generally if a coin has risen 20/30/40% it's not a great time to invest as it may be near the top.

Vingge (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:02:54 PM

Yeah, thanks!

But major question about alts is, how ''natural'' is their huge comebacks or 20-30-40% growth? Is it kinda common and you always can rely on it, or it much of a pump or something at most of the time?
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:05:47 PM

You must be observant to analyze an altcoin. I am getting more profit when an altcoin is a downtrend and usually it will only increase percent daily graduation every day. the potential for buy long-term  Grin

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:18:20 PM

Looking at top100 coins on coinmarketcap and figure out a lot of incredible swings for now reason (for me as a newbie).
there is always a reason, it doesn't have to be a logical one though. it can be a simple pump, it can be some random news like some random altcoin enabling SegWit, or some illogical reasons such as releasing a new wallet!

all of them.

very few. maybe 10% of them in my experience. but as we get closer to the pump itself it becomes easier to predict them based on what you see on the charts. (it becomes easier not easy).
things such as increase in the volume, the price rise itself, seeing some news on the media and things like that.

yes, that can be a strategy. you watch the market (usually automatic) and when you see this type of rise and speculate a bigger rise you invest and enjoy the profit.
it is like catching the train mid way and jumping out before the finish line.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:35:11 PM

At this time the prices of all altcoin are reduced and there is certainly a lot of altcoin waiting for Bitcoin drops to pump. For me at this time people should keep many Bitcoin because after November 16th will be the period of altcoin
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:30:27 PM

At this time the prices of all altcoin are reduced and there is certainly a lot of altcoin waiting for Bitcoin drops to pump. For me at this time people should keep many Bitcoin because after November 16th will be the period of altcoin

yes thats rigth bro thats why the price of bitcoin will make some huge price up again its because of hardfork they will take the advantage of free coins from hardfork.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

Thats weird but most of the top 10 coins are pumped in last 24hours. May be thats because of fork coming very close and some of the dumper are now fearing about the fork and buying coins. This might start chain reaction to put more money alts in the greed of gaining more profits from them. So that thing could really pump the coins upto 20-30% in next 24 hours. But do remember there is no garuntee of this happening as whatever we saw could be just coincidental pump that we don't know about.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:57:03 PM

If you are looking at coinmarketcap than probably you are talking about alts price in terms of fiat, most of the alts were in blood bath till yesterday but today they are recovering interms of bitcoin. As bitcoin price is already high, almost alts value in terms of fiat is in somewhat green right now.

Just stick with top 10 alts by marketcap, you will not regret. Hold them till another price correction after fork.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:54:06 PM

95% of these altcoins are pump and dump schemes my friend. They are created solely for the purpose of speculation with monetary gains. That is why a coin is created to try and copy and steal the shine from Bitcoin, and then it is launched and advertised as a better option than Bitcoin by playing on the one or two things that Bitcoin needs before it scales. Thing is, on a global network that has to happen carefully so people need to exercise patience.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:34:50 PM

Most of the coins were dropped yesterday and got back today on their stable price, but few of them did get pumped a lot from past few days maybe because of current Bitcoin price? by 'reason to focus' you mean investing in them? no point investing in a coin when the price is already on its peak unless you think it has more growth potential, I invest in coins when the price is low/dropped like yesterday most of the alt-coins were red% and was good time to buy.

I do not see any coins returning to their stable price. They fell and lie on the bottom. If they went up in price by 10 percent per day, then this does not mean anything. They rose when they returned to the old price and grew slightly. The market itself is in flat and I can only advise you to wait. Soon will be the rise
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

Heh, greetings.

I think you better monitor those altcoins that have shown some serious spikes. You can easily track them by looking at the charts for the past several weeks or few months. You will notice that there are some big pumps that happened every now and then that will be followed by another big dump. These kinds of pump and dump coins are good profit-giving. You just have to be careful when to enter and exit. 
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

As I noticed only few coins has already pumped LSK,  VTC and STR. I know many more coins to pump after the upcoming huge crash. Watchout for it. It will take 2 to 3 months to see the great altcoin party.

Heh, greetings.

Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:53:54 AM

A lot of coins were simply recovering their price somewhat as bitcoin price 'stabilised'. Some increase more than others and usually there is some stimulus behind this but you need to keep up to date with that project in order to get in on those potential rises in advance. Generally if a coin has risen 20/30/40% it's not a great time to invest as it may be near the top.

We still need bigger pumps to recover the current loss. You can go over the most favourite altcoins and you'll see hard loss in terms of BTC and ETH there, especially BTC.

They made their holders loss too much BTC during last 2 weeks.
EMS-007

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:34:40 PM

I don't think so..I guess Bitcoin will remain uprising even before and after the incoming hardfork.. Wink
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:43:19 PM

Buy a coins because it is pumping is not a good advice and the best way to trade this market is buying when the price is low and sell when it is high. When a coin is increasing in price there that is when you should sell that coin for bitcoin or fiat. Last week most of the coin were in red and the best thing to do is to buy then and now that some of them are recovery you should sell.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:04:11 PM

You cannot understand coins by looking 24 hour gains or losses, you should analyse coins' charts to see all the increases and decreases during the life of coins. But understanding low volume trash coins is impossible by this way.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:08:51 PM

Agree that you have to look at a long-term trends and charts to understand the price
action better. Some very low market cap coins on small exchanges can jump up or down
hundreds of % in a day on very little volume so do not fall for those.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

Most alts trade like penny stocks trade on the over-the-counter exchanges so big swings
are to be expected. These swings will get bigger when hedge funds and ETFs enter the
crypto markets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: