Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the NSA know who Satoshi is?  (Read 8683 times)
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 12:00:20 AM

It just ocurred to me, that if the NSA is wiretapping everything like Snowden claims then they should have the identity of Satoshi in their records.
 Cool

What do you think?

cjgames.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

YES.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:04:58 AM

YES.

what if he always routed through an encrypted tunnel to a vpn?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:05:36 AM

Satoshi is the NSA
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:51:40 AM

SATOSHI is actually the code name for the secret cryptocurrency project, started in 2006.
veteranBtc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:58:52 AM

SATOSHI is actually the code name for the secret cryptocurrency project, started in 2006.
I think this is true.

Prophet

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:40:27 AM

I suspect they are pärt of a government backed unit, i simply can not believe one person could do this they had help from a lot of  experts. Considering the front end spoke perfect english, a us or british unit. The psycholigy was to build a simple sound but flawed design to draw people in of a specific psychology that would adapt it to mainstream use to introduce a new paradigm
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:54:42 AM

If the NSA created Bitcoin, why did the CIA need Gavin to brief them on what it was?
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:57:06 AM

If Satoshi is not a real person then who ordered the Pizza?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:55:31 AM

Nakamoto SAtoshi aka Tatsuaki Okamoto isn't it obvious? Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1gexxo/satoshi_nakamoto_aka_tatsuaki_okamotouniversal/
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:32:38 AM

It just ocurred to me, that if the NSA is wiretapping everything like Snowden claims then they should have the identity of Satoshi in their records.
 Cool

What do you think?

They probably do (as they apparently have something on everyone), but they extremely likely have no idea who he/they is/are.

No one will ever know until their dying day, and probably not even then, I doubt Satoshi would want his/their family haunted/terrorised by the governments and media of the world.

If we love the Bitcoin, as I'm sure we all do, we'd all do our best to protect his identity and re-focus media talks on the Bitcoin and not the creator. For as amazing as he is, its his creation that we should all marvel.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:03:48 AM

NSA paper, 1996: "How To Make A Mint: The Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash". One referenced crypto expert is named Tatsuaki Okamoto.

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:24:16 AM

NSA paper, 1996: "How To Make A Mint: The Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash". One referenced crypto expert is named Tatsuaki Okamoto.

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

Just admit it's you already!!    Tongue

Seriously though thanks for the link... fascinating.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:29:10 AM

I suspect they are pärt of a government backed unit, i simply can not believe one person could do this they had help from a lot of  experts.

Lex parsimoniae, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Your explanation is far from the simplest one.
assortmentofsorts

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:52:54 PM

Reminds me of "NDAKOTA" anagram of "TANKADO" (Digital Fortress / NSA)  Tongue

If you want to tip: BTC 1KbjTUEfcziwMv7BMXcjmvNAKEpTJbZCsF
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:58:55 PM

Reminds me of "NDAKOTA" anagram of "TANKADO" (Digital Fortress / NSA)  Tongue

It's definitely not an anagram:

S 2 1
A 3 3
T 2 3
O 3 3
H 1 0
I 1 1
N 1 0
K 1 2
M 1 1
U 0 1

Yves Adele Harlow Wink
ShoopDaWhoop

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:54:14 AM

The NSA creating Bitcoin would explain why satoshi's mined blocks have never gone anywhere Wink
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:47:02 AM

The NSA creating Bitcoin would explain why satoshi's mined blocks have never gone anywhere Wink

So would this.   Grin Grin
jantenner81

Activity: 228

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:34:19 PM

is there any  resource for this info!? Would be interesting?

simply can not believe one person could do this they had help from a lot of  experts

iam with u

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:58:37 AM

Satoshi is the NSA

Bingo

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:00:50 AM

If the NSA created Bitcoin, why did the CIA need Gavin to brief them on what it was?

Because the NSA does not have the authority to create a currency so there can be no inter-agency knowledge that they did so.

The CIA may suspect or even know the NSA created it, but the NSA would never acknowledge it to them, so they had to find out about it from a different source.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:44:51 AM

made me laugh Cheesy
expander

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:01:49 AM

You do not have the security clearance to know that, or to even ask the question.   
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 10:13:13 AM

Because the NSA does not have the authority
The NSA does not need to be authorized do do anything, they can just do what they please. They are effectively above the law, nobody asks them questions and if someone asks they would not need to answer.

authority to create a currency
One does not need any authorization to create a currency, every kid can do this at home (just see the altcoin forums) and unless you live in North Korea it is perfectly legal to do so, without authorization, without license, without anything.

nlovric

Activity: 336
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:59:04 AM

The goal of encryption is to prevent an eavesdropper from reading messages, not to prevent them from tracking their source and destination.

Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) – and – as far as I know – any other connection-oriented protocol – connections carrying encrypted Application layer payload are – for content-irrespective tracking purposes – no different than ones carrying unencrypted Application layer payload.
SEC agent

Activity: 98

America, land of the free

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:12:28 PM

What do you think?

I highly doubt they care who he is.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:11:43 AM

The goal of encryption is to prevent an eavesdropper from reading messages, not to prevent them from tracking their source and destination.

Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) – and – as far as I know – any other connection-oriented protocol – connections carrying encrypted Application layer payload are – for content-irrespective tracking purposes – no different than ones carrying unencrypted Application layer payload.

You've made a point that I've made before. Sending encrypted data is sound a horn, hey look at me. That's why you send your grocery lists in encryption. Sending visible encrypted data that appears as non-encrypted data sails by without notice. The down side is the time for encrypting a 'non-ecrypted' message can be lengthy. Time is an enemy of cryptography. If you can't encrypt it fast enough, it's useless usually. Same with decrypting, if it takes you 10 years to decrypt a message, the original message is useless.

Deterministic OTP's can be very useful. The base (any easily ready material, Bible, PowerBall, etc...) can be used as a base for creating an ∞ amount of OTP's

One Time Pads are proven to be uncrackable. Except the Rubber Hose technique, but even then a OTP could decrypt into many messages depending on how it was encrypted. Rubber Hose decryption = "Nixon did it", and the real decryption = "Obama did it". Tongue

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:10:08 AM

Does it matter if the NSA started bitcoin? Even if they did, they really have no more influence than, say, the winklevoss twins on bitcoin. Unless, the NSA starts using their code cracking supercomputers to mine bitcoins and exponentially increase the mining difficulty. After all SHA-256 hashing could be involved in decrypting enemy files or networks which is the unofficial job of the NSA is.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
randomcloud

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

I can buy it.
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:51:22 AM

YES.

LOL they can still find you, ask some of the best crackers around who were arrested or convicted and sent to prison, one who lived 4 blocks from me that made news around the world

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

Reminds me of "NDAKOTA" anagram of "TANKADO" (Digital Fortress / NSA)  Tongue

That was a great book ahaha
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:30:34 AM

Does it matter if the NSA started bitcoin? Even if they did, they really have no more influence than, say, the winklevoss twins on bitcoin. Unless, the NSA starts using their code cracking supercomputers to mine bitcoins and exponentially increase the mining difficulty. After all SHA-256 hashing could be involved in decrypting enemy files or networks which is the unofficial job of the NSA is.

The NSA never started bitcoin. This rumor is (...).
Bitcoin is about anonomous people on internet, decentralized currency: NSA is the opposite!

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:04:15 AM

have to agree with the above.

recent government action (liberty city raid, mt. gox account freezes) would suggest that the government is increasingly becoming aware of bitcoin. this is likely due to the sudden recent uptrend in interest in bitcoin. that confidence in bitcoin is rising, it would be foolish for the government to stand idly and watch the dollar devalue against the bitcoin.

alternatively, (im about to go out on the limb that sometimes you can't come back from), the wealthy elite are becoming increasingly aware of bitcoin for other reasons.
bitcoin creates a unique opportunity for rapid socioeconomic movement through class.

now, lower and middle class participants can hide wealth from government audit in a secure way without extensive legal expertise or large investments

now, low and middle class participants can assemble investment portfolios (again untaxed) with minimal cost of entry and returns that are seemingly impossible in the current market

this obviously will not jive with those that would determine the fiscal direction of the country. given that legislature in this country is mostly driven by the lobbying system, you'll oft find that fiscal policy supports the preservation of old wealth.

so, does any government have a hand in the creation of bitcoin? i doubt it severely. bitcoin seems to be a social revolution that a bunch of math/social engineering guys with a libertarian agenda cooked up.

methinks they (biggest brother) have been aware of it for longer than we suspect however. because i dont think bitcoin was the original idea. it was the final iteration of the idea that we all get to see. that started way before 2009. satoshi is a movement, a social philosophy against fiat.  im pretty sure the government, many different governments, are aware of the identities of the "founding fathers".

these are the reason i love BTC and i fear for its future

and, to put the final layer of paranoid icing on the crazy cake:
the nsa pays very special attention to this board, that it is one of the most public forums of thoughts/knowledge/experience concerning bitcoin. this forum IS the public opinion of bitcoin.

polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:19:50 PM

Just admit it's you already!!    Tongue

Seriously though thanks for the link... fascinating.

This is one of the people. I don't think this being is the only one man stuff. Why the being is exposed to public? What is the purpose?
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:02:33 AM

None of the referenced crypto experts is Satoshi. Satoshi is certainly very familiar with the "CRYPTO, EUROCRYPT" book series from the Springer-Verlag going all the way back to the 80's.

And yes they do know who he is, so what.
nlovric

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:25:32 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 07:43:48 PM by nlovric

One Time Pads are proven to be uncrackable.

It's not the One-Time Pads (OTPs) themselves which are unbreakable. Instead, certain ciphers cannot be broken if the key is truly random. However, this does not mean that a One-Time Pad (OTP) is truly a one-time pad as a truly-random pad will have a likelihood of being truly-randomly generated again reversely proportional to its' length. What this means is if the length of the pad is 1 binary digit (bit), then the next pad has a 50% chance of being the same; if the length of the pad is 2 binary digits (bits), then the next pad has a 25% chance of being the same; and so on. The name One-Time Pad (OTP) is misleading. From this moment on, I shall call such devices Truly-Random Pads (TRPs) as true randomness is their significance.

However, true randomness does not exist. You see, all particles in existence are at a certain position. From that position, the laws of physics dictate their motion. Therefore, all events in space are preset at this moment. In order to determine and/or alter the future of an isolated system, one would have to reside outside of it. I have observed this in 1997 or 1998 when analyzing something beyond your wildest imagination – it is one of my PANDORA-grade projects; PANDORA designating that it should never be made as it converges towards a collapse of the space-time system we're in, with extinction event being a mild term for the outcome.
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:17:09 AM

This doesn't mention methods of coin generation or anonymity. They're simply discussing using cryptography to simplify existing payment mechanisms and boost security.

I can't see the government voluntarily giving up such a vast amount of power (the printing press) to the populace.
x^2

Activity: 73

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:18:49 AM

Lol

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
nlovric

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:01:42 PM

Most likely "Satoshi Nakamoto" read the paper – kind of like studying National Security Agencies' (NSAs') Security-Enhanced Linux (SE-Linux) – and built upon it.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

It would raise suspicion if they didn't...

One Time Pads are proven to be uncrackable.

It's not the One-Time Pads (OTPs) themselves which are unbreakable. Instead, certain ciphers cannot be broken if the key is truly random. However, this does not mean that a One-Time Pad (OTP) is truly a one-time pad as a truly-random pad will have a likelihood of being truly-randomly generated again reversely proportional to its' length. What this means is if the length of the pad is 1 binary digit (bit), then the next pad has a 50% chance of being the same; if the length of the pad is 2 binary digits (bits), then the next pad has a 25% chance of being the same; and so on. The name One-Time Pad (OTP) is misleading. From this moment on, I shall call such devices Truly-Random Pads (TRPs) as true randomness is their significance.

However, true randomness does not exist. You see, all particles in existence are at a certain position. From that position, the laws of physics dictate their motion. Therefore, all events in space are preset at this moment. In order to determine and/or alter the future of an isolated system, one would have to reside outside of it. I have observed this in 1997 or 1998 when analyzing something beyond your wildest imagination – it is one of my PANDORA-grade projects; PANDORA designating that it should never be made as it converges towards a collapse of the space-time system we're in, with extinction event being a mild term for the outcome.
Don't forget that one of the things in the box was Hope...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
nlovric

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:25:11 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 04:57:56 PM by nlovric

It would raise suspicion if they didn't...

That occurred to me, also, but:

• they either screwed up initially and named it after one of their research projects, or
  • "Satoshi Nakamoto" read the paper and used the name.

But, why would "Satoshi Nakamoto" use their name? At this point I think it most-likely was created by the National Security Agency (NSA) or one of the people who worked on the Satoshi paper. If I understood correctly, Bitcoin uses 2048-binary-digit-(bit) Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA), which is susceptible to a Time-Memory-Data (TMD) attack. If they precompute the keys,they can also use them to attack Bitcon as well as all other communications secured using "short" Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) keys.

Don't forget that one of the things in the box was Hope...

Yes, I know. It was at the bottom and the only thing left trapped in the jar / box as Pandora closed it, while all evils of the world escaped from the jar / box.
rizzla

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:24:53 PM

If I understood correctly, Bitcoin uses 2048-binary-digit-(bit) Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA)

You did not understood correctly.
xkeyscore89

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:10:55 AM

Yes, but Satoshi is just a minor detail.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:22:57 PM

Satoshi used Windows + Visual Studio, and Windows always had a backdoor, so...

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:40:22 PM

NSA is well aware the only individual with sufficient command of crypto, econ, and English to be Satoshi is Mircea Popescu.

But the straightlaced suits there can't stand him and they're afraid he'll take over, so they leave him alone.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nlovric

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:17:29 AM

NSA is well aware the only individual with sufficient command of crypto, econ, and English to be Satoshi is Mircea Popescu.

<irony>Someone specializing in fine arts sounds very likely to be "Satoshi Nakamoto".</irony>
JusticeForYou
VIP

Merit: 271

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:10:30 AM

Following the Yellow Brick Road will lead to Satoshi. The NSA is very good at following roads but they aren't to good at going through a field of poisonous daisies.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:55:27 AM

Satoshi used Windows + Visual Studio, and Windows always had a backdoor, so...
This is like saying that Linux is always secure no mater what. US government uses Windows workstations and a lot of them for sensitive tasks. And how many Russian and Chinese moles there are infiltrated in NSA who know details about this supposed backdoor? Backdoor is too dangerous to implement because there is always chance that somebody will discover it by accident or other means.

I'm more inclined to think that NSA either does not know Satoshi's real identity or figured it out from information lying around in this forum.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:07:21 PM

I don't believe the NSA created bitcoin because they do not care about currency. The CIA might have a need to create it, the way TOR was created by US Navy Research Lab. But then Treasury would be against and so would the federal bank. The thing is, as much as people (not us on bitcointalk) want to believe, government usually do not know what his left foot is doing that would make his right foot go the opposite way. Many Black box projects are so secret that referencing it or even think about them would send you in jail. Look at the reaction from Lavabit. Can't talk about it. So financing a bitcoin black box project would not cost that much compared to a Los Alamos project or keeping all those people fed at Area 51 for all those years.

This could simply be the "virus escaping the lab" type scenario.
HGT24

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:16:54 PM

Ummm, I'm pretty sure Satoshi is 3 individuals by the names of Neal King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry. Fast Company did that investigation on the identity of Satoshi. They tracked it down to a patent filed by these guys 72 hours after the bitcoin.org domain was created.

Is this just a coincidence? Seems doubtful. (See the excerpt from Wiki below)

Satoshi Nakamoto (and the creators of Bitcoin) are either these three individuals OR they are closely tied to a larger group responsible for creating Bitcoin.

Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym for the person or group of people who designed the original Bitcoin protocol in 2008 and launched the network in 2009. Except in connection with Bitcoin, the individual or individuals behind this pseudonym remains publicly unknown. Nakamoto was responsible for creating the majority of the Bitcoin software and was active in making modifications and posting technical information on the BitcoinTalk Forum.[13] Nakamoto's involvement does not appear to extend past mid-2010.[13]

Investigations into the real identity of Satoshi Nakamoto have been attempted by The New Yorker and Fast Company. Fast Company's investigation brought up circumstantial evidence linking an encryption patent application filed by Neal King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry on 15 August 2008, and the bitcoin.org domain name which was registered 72 hours later. The patent application (#20100042841) contained networking and encryption technologies similar to Bitcoin's, and textual analysis revealed that the phrase "...computationally impractical to reverse" appeared in both the patent application and bitcoin's whitepaper.[1] All three inventors explicitly denied being Satoshi Nakamoto.[54][55] In May 2013, Ted Nelson speculated that Japanese mathematician Shinichi Mochizuki is Satoshi Nakamoto.[56]

In April 2011, Nakamoto communicated with a Bitcoin contributor saying he had "moved on to other things".[57]
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:46:55 PM

One thing is certain he lived around the Dutch, German border area at the time when Bitcoin was coded. And yes NSA do know him so what.

The name Satoshi Nakamoto has a deeper meaning.
In Japanese Satoshi translates into "clear-thinking; quick-witted; wise." "Naka" can mean "inside" or "relationship" while "moto" is defined as "the origin; the cause; the foundation; the basis."

So we have "clear-thinking" "inside" "the foundation."

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:37:30 AM

In game Battlefield 1942 there japanese bot called Satoshi. Forget his full name. Stop inventing deeper meaning to what was intended as cool sounding pseudonym. Like there is no really deeper meaning in Seppuku Fujitsu. But someone still might find a way to connect Seppuku Fujitsu to NSA Cheesy

If NSA knows who Satoshi is then it might be safer for him to reveal that to whole world.

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 01:41:49 AM

chances are... they know... who your mother is..  Tongue

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:54:06 AM

chances are... they know... who your mother is..  Tongue
now that's information worth governmental funding! I know who my mother is too!

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 04:09:38 AM

If Satoshi is not a real person then who ordered the Pizza?
Several months late but...
Satoshi didn't buy the pizzas, laszlo did.
Satoshi's perfectly real, though  Roll Eyes
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:27:11 AM

Why does it matter who satoshi is/is not? Whether his identity is known or not would not make a big difference to Bitcoin.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:04:26 PM

I don't believe the NSA created bitcoin because they do not care about currency. The CIA might have a need to create it, the way TOR was created by US Navy Research Lab. But then Treasury would be against and so would the federal bank. The thing is, as much as people (not us on bitcointalk) want to believe, government usually do not know what his left foot is doing that would make his right foot go the opposite way. Many Black box projects are so secret that referencing it or even think about them would send you in jail. Look at the reaction from Lavabit. Can't talk about it. So financing a bitcoin black box project would not cost that much compared to a Los Alamos project or keeping all those people fed at Area 51 for all those years.

This could simply be the "virus escaping the lab" type scenario.
What would be the use of Bitcoin if only the "agents" know about it?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:20:36 PM

YES.

Which he did.  No-one knows any IP he has ever connected from.  The guy was ultra careful.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:09:04 PM

What makes you all think the NSA created it over the CIA?  CIA has the higher beings working for them.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:17:54 AM

YES.

Which he did.  No-one knows any IP he has ever connected from.  The guy was ultra careful.

Isn't that even more suspicious?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Sindelar1938

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:59:23 AM

Probably have considered views about the identity of the folks behind the satoshi working group

The NSA is not omniscient by any means, but it is hard to rule out the possibility

Haidang1796

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Wow! If this is true than I'm sure NSA already know about Satoshi

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:44:35 PM

Wow! If this is true than I'm sure NSA already know about Satoshi

the NSA is watching us,  watch out  what you're going to type, if they know who Satoshi is, they can definitely track us down using our IPs!

gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:22:26 AM

*bump*
RhoDelta

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:47:08 AM

It's likely the real Satoshi has been suicided. The Stanley Meyer case is a good example of what happens to inventors when powerful groups / corporations start looking for you.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:20:29 AM

Quite likely that they do

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:49:40 AM

So you would be able to ask that question.   Cheesy

gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

So you would be able to ask that question.   Cheesy
CIA != NSA

Hypothesis: Bitcoin is the creation of NSA, but only a few people inside NSA would know about it. CIA would go by the official story that Bitcoin was created by the lonely programmer Satoshi. Even if they knew the truth they wanted to pretend as if they believed in the official Satoshi story.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:17:26 PM

If he/they live in the USA, it's likely. If not, another intelligence agency might, but it's unlikely they would give the NSA their information on him/them.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:13:57 PM

It's likely the real Satoshi has been suicided. The Stanley Meyer case is a good example of what happens to inventors when powerful groups / corporations start looking for you.

Then who wrote this?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:59:56 PM

You're assuming Satoshi is one individual. This might ( for all we know ) be completely untrue. As someone suggested, it could be a codename for a project, or a group of people.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:33:31 PM

God knows who the creator of bitcoin is.

I doubt it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: