Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys what will happen after Bitcoin Fork ??  (Read 308 times)
fikito33 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:20:06 PM

Hey guys what will happen after Bitcoin Fork ??  Huh

Is there something bad will happen or what ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:03:39 PM

Yes.  Since SegWit2x has no replay protection (not even opt-in replay protection anymore, perhaps for ideological reasons), you will have to take additional steps to ensure that your coins are secure before you can resume spending as normal.

You should read this article to find out about what may be necessary if there remains no replay protection by the time of the fork.

However, it's possible that a solution will be created on one of the chains by the time of the fork, in which case you may have to participate in opt-in replay protections, or ideally do nothing at all.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

Hey guys what will happen after Bitcoin Fork ??  Huh

No, nothing bad, It will give you a new coin for free if you have saved up some bitcoins.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:35:28 PM

Either down or up of bitcoin might happen we're not sure of tomorrow so we need to take actions now before anything happen that we don't want, so start thinking of future about.

chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:38:26 PM

Well the irregularity of the market for the past 1.5 months will go away that is certain. Hopefully some money will flow back into alts because if you had them prior to this date you are getting rocket at the moment. But this

is my best guess and I dont know what happens for real

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:58:31 PM

Well the irregularity of the market for the past 1.5 months will go away that is certain. Hopefully some money will flow back into alts because if you had them prior to this date you are getting rocket at the moment. But this

is my best guess and I dont know what happens for real

I would agree that after the next fork, investors will back into altcoins and the price of bitcoin will drop. Alts are more interesting and profitable than bitcoin
nazimmamun

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:29:19 AM

it's possible that a solution will be created on one of the chains by the time of the fork, in which case you may have to participate in opt-in replay protections, or ideally do nothing
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:32:23 AM

What happens is that there will be another version of bitcoin. Last fork bitcoin cash is born. I do not know why they forked the bitcoin but my guess is they do fork to sabotage bitcoin since bitcoin price grows rapidly and they need another version of it to regulate its growth.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

Hey guys what will happen after Bitcoin Fork ??  Huh
Nothing will happen. we are expecting to have smooth chain split like the previous one we had in last August. If you look back to the recent hard fork that took place August, 1st - that gave birth to bitcoin cash BCH; Nothing bad happened there. And we are hoping to see more better and successful hard forks in the future. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: