Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:56:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 11940 times)
John_Mct

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 06:49:57 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 07:59:11 AM by John_Mct

I'm guessing it's John McTavish that's handling this thread. How'd you meet the rest of the team and get on board?

That's quite the story but to make it short I've travelled quite a bit in Eastern Europe and made some great connections in the tech world by teaching English at a few of the tech firms in Minsk, Belarus. One thing led to another and the team at Scorum asked me to help out with some copywriting for them. After the mental whirlwind of catching up with the quickly changing landscape that is the current cryptocurrency world, I realized that this was really something worth being a part of full time (and TBH teaching verb tenses was getting a bit old...)

I've always loved reading and occasionally writing about sports online so this project is really engaging for me to be a part of.  There's still tons to learn but that keeps it fresh!

It was great to meet with the athletes for our video promo shoots!!

Redefining Sports Media on the Graphene Framework
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 07:27:09 PM

Your project look good, you have slack or discore ? Pls invited me. Thank you

We're all hanging out over on our telegram chat

VladArt85

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:07:59 AM

Do you guys plan on bringing in more advisors?
Sure, we plan to make it bigger, but only with people who will really bring something to the project. Not just putting their names on the board)
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 07:58:41 AM

Let's get this train rollin with our first blog post over on Steemit.

We totally dig the work they've done to pave the way towards rewarding social media spaces so we're rolling out our project there and putting aside a fat Scorum Power token bounty that Steemians can participate in. Join up and follow along for all the dets.

i-synthestech

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

I am guessing what is the base for tokens?
when token holder will be able to receive the first profit? Embarrassed
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:02:12 AM

Meet up with our team at the ICO Battle in Moscow  Shocked Cool tomorrow evening. 

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:38:29 AM

Those are some big name athletes. Pretty impressive.

Thanks, we on our way to adding more soon! 

BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:21:59 PM

I'm guessing it's John McTavish that's handling this thread. How'd you meet the rest of the team and get on board?

That's quite the story but to make it short I've travelled quite a bit in Eastern Europe and made some great connections in the tech world by teaching English at a few of the tech firms in Minsk, Belarus. One thing led to another and the team at Scorum asked me to help out with some copywriting for them. After the mental whirlwind of catching up with the quickly changing landscape that is the current cryptocurrency world, I realized that this was really something worth being a part of full time (and TBH teaching verb tenses was getting a bit old...)

I've always loved reading and occasionally writing about sports online so this project is really engaging for me to be a part of.  There's still tons to learn but that keeps it fresh!

Sounds like a great time. I've also taught ESL, but I wasn't so lucky as you to meet such a talented team of tech entrepreneurs.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:42:11 PM

Those are some big name athletes. Pretty impressive.

Thanks, we on our way to adding more soon! 

I'm guessing it would be over the line to ask how much you're paying world-class athletes?
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:25:46 PM

The blogging platform seems pretty original. Is there a way to make money through it?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:35:15 PM

Do you guys plan on bringing in more advisors?
Sure, we plan to make it bigger, but only with people who will really bring something to the project. Not just putting their names on the board)

That's good to hear. They're there to advise, not as a wall trophy!
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:54:25 PM

Sounds like quite an adventure. Thanks for the intro.
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 07:07:57 PM

The blogging platform seems pretty original. Is there a way to make money through it?

We see it as a way to integrate cryptocurrency rewards into the social media habits that are already part of sports fans' daily lives. It's not a get rich quick scheme. One of our founders is a long-time sports media journalist and he agrees that the time is now to disrupt the status quo in terms of compensation for sports writers. Readers get the work straight from the source and take part in the rewards system for things they're already doing (liking/up-voting, commenting, sharing)

Looking around the web at how publishing direct to reader systems are gaining traction (Steemit with their blockchain based platform and Medium with their "freemium" model) we see this as the clear direction at the moment and for the future.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:19:02 AM

Sounds like a great time. I've also taught ESL, but I wasn't so lucky as you to meet such a talented team of tech entrepreneurs.

It's definitely a right-place-right-time situation. Getting in during the early days of the start-up has been awesome because I get to work directly with the founders and pick their brains about every aspect of the project!!

Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:04:15 PM

It's definitely a right-place-right-time situation. Getting in during the early days of the start-up has been awesome because I get to work directly with the founders and pick their brains about every aspect of the project!!

That's definitely a big perk. I'm sure you will learn a lot from this experience.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:22:32 PM

We see it as a way to integrate cryptocurrency rewards into the social media habits that are already part of sports fans' daily lives. It's not a get rich quick scheme. One of our founders is a long-time sports media journalist and he agrees that the time is now to disrupt the status quo in terms of compensation for sports writers. Readers get the work straight from the source and take part in the rewards system for things they're already doing (liking/up-voting, commenting, sharing)

Looking around the web at how publishing direct to reader systems are gaining traction (Steemit with their blockchain based platform and Medium with their "freemium" model) we see this as the clear direction at the moment and for the future.

Yeah I really like the way publishing/reading platforms are going. So there is a little bit of money to be made you're saying, but not career level?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:32:21 PM

When will bounty compensation be released?
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:37:34 PM

Do you guys have any plans to implement machine learning with your platform?
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:51:05 PM

How'd the team come up with the idea for Scorum with the whole media infusion?
Decentralbox

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:03:12 PM

Hello Scorum  Cheesy

We have written a German information article about Scorum Grin

German Scorum Info Article

Best Regards
Decentralbox
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: