Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 11933 times)
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:31:30 PM

$800k that's great! Is this about as much as you guys expected? Definitely enough to work with, right?
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:02:47 PM

Nice, plenty of time left then. Who's handling the legal aspects for Scorum?

For local and European regulatory advice, we rely on Revera, a top business law firm with 18 years of experience working with over 3000 international clients.

We also cooperated with Velton-Zegelman PC, based in San Francisco the company has years of experience guiding tech start-ups to navigate the international regulation of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Julian Zegelman, partner of the company, has also entered our advisory board.

According to the Velton-Zegelman PC resolution, Scorum’s liquid cryptocurrency has met the requirements of a utility token according to the Howey test (See the resolution). So US citizens are encouraged to participate!

I'm glad you spent the money on getting some professional legal advice. I had no doubt this would be considered a utility.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:27:50 PM

So what made you guys decide to use blockchain for this?

Curious about this.

Our blockchain protocol gives Scorum the ability to support our core functionality:
- It supports our transparent and fair internal (Scorum Power token) reward system for content creation and curation.
- Enables Scorum members to use SCR to quickly and securely place wagers with NO commission within our betting exchange.
- Allows us to maintain a clear revenue redistribution system among active users.

That makes a lot of sense. What will you do with any unsold tokens?

All the SCR tokens unsold during Token Crowdsale will be converted into SP. Throughout the year, all the received tokens will be converted into SCR, sold at the exchange and used for Scorum product development.

Okay that makes sense. The effect being a stead new supply, easily controlled to prevent price plummet?
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:54:56 PM

Who would you say are your biggest competitors?

In terms of the blogging platform with Microsoft Power BI sports data visualizations and cryptocurrency rewards system, there are currently no other projects that are direct competitors. Established social media networks and news agencies are obvious competitors as sources of sports news and coverage.

Sports specific media sites like Eurosport and ESPN continue to be highly popular with fans and our challenge will clearly be offering competitive quality and superior features to lure the audience to our platform.

Even the most stubborn demographics are beginning to come to more cutting edge technology. ESPN has done a great job of incentivizing more interactive content. With something like this allowing an unprecedented level of interactivity, the engagement for sports enthusiasts would be at an all time high. The more engaged the viewer, the more reliable they are as a consumer.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:05:23 PM

That's great you guys have a Github, so it's all going to be open source at launch?

I'd also like to know about this. Open source can really be a good way of getting trust.

Yes as much of our development as possible will be open source.

Can't have the innovative parts out there for anyone to take. Speaking of, do you have any patents?
John_Mct

Activity: 164

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:51:21 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 02:09:16 PM by John_Mct

All the SCR tokens unsold during Token Crowdsale will be converted into SP. Throughout the year, all the received tokens will be converted into SCR, sold at the exchange and used for Scorum product development.

Okay that makes sense. The effect being a stead new supply, easily controlled to prevent price plummet?

Exactly! As the user audience grows and advertising gets integrated into the platform along with the betting exchange, the demand for SCR will increase.

Redefining Sports Media on the Graphene Framework
tmct_ftw

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:20:07 AM

$800k that's great! Is this about as much as you guys expected? Definitely enough to work with, right?

Yes, we sold 1.6M worth of Scorum Coin tokens during the presale, which is what we were aiming for. It's a good starting point, and we are looking forward to the crowdsale in January.
tmct_ftw

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:40:45 AM

Scorum press release is on CryptoCoinsNews
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:47:55 AM

It is very informative article for those first time coming in here. This is good news to know that on 14th January 2018 crowdsale will start. My question is now will this be open ICO or white listed based because I see few post back written now application for crowdsale are being accepted. What does this mean ?
tmct_ftw

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:32:00 PM

It is very informative article for those first time coming in here. This is good news to know that on 14th January 2018 crowdsale will start. My question is now will this be open ICO or white listed based because I see few post back written now application for crowdsale are being accepted. What does this mean ?

You can join the whitelist now via whitelist@scorumcoins.com which will put you on our priority purchase list of the Scorum Coin tokens. The following conditions apply for the whitelist promo:

1. Total SCR token supply allocated for the whitelist applicants: 2M
2. Minimum amount of purchase: 1000 USD
3. Discount: 25%
4. We accept BTC and ETH
5. Tokens will be available for purchase from 8 till 13 January. (Public crowdsale will start on the 14th of January.)
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:04:31 PM

Yes, we sold 1.6M worth of Scorum Coin tokens during the presale, which is what we were aiming for. It's a good starting point, and we are looking forward to the crowdsale in January.

As am I. How much do you expect to raise during the crowdsale?
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:56:32 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 07:07:04 PM by John_Mct

Solid economic model, endorsement by pro athletes, legal compliance and two more reasons to believe in Scorum. Read on our blog >

tmct_ftw

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:34:18 PM

As am I. How much do you expect to raise during the crowdsale?

We are planning to raise $17M total
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:43:16 PM

Nice, plenty of time left then. Who's handling the legal aspects for Scorum?

For local and European regulatory advice, we rely on Revera, a top business law firm with 18 years of experience working with over 3000 international clients.

We also cooperated with Velton-Zegelman PC, based in San Francisco the company has years of experience guiding tech start-ups to navigate the international regulation of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Julian Zegelman, partner of the company, has also entered our advisory board.

According to the Velton-Zegelman PC resolution, Scorum’s liquid cryptocurrency has met the requirements of a utility token according to the Howey test (See the resolution). So US citizens are encouraged to participate!

I'm glad you spent the money on getting some professional legal advice. I had no doubt this would be considered a utility.

Are there any other kinds of regulation you would be subject to possibly?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:59:37 PM

Any features that were pitched that won't make it to launch, but that we could possibly see in the future?

That's actually a pretty good question. I'd love to hear about features that didn't make it in, and why they didn't.

We initially planned to target the growing E-sports market as well but decided that the target audience was too different from "traditional" sports fans.

In terms of features possible in the future, there's a good chance we'll be integrating fantasy sports leagues into the platform once we have a large active user base. This will be commission-free as well and give users another way to utilize SCR tokens, not to mention have some fun!

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:14:39 PM

Exactly! As the user audience grows and advertising gets integrated into the platform along with the betting exchange, the demand for SCR will increase thereby maintaining stable growth of the token value.

Sounds great on paper, hopefully you're able to pull it off.
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

That's great you guys have a Github, so it's all going to be open source at launch?

I'd also like to know about this. Open source can really be a good way of getting trust.

Yes as much of our development as possible will be open source.

Can't have the innovative parts out there for anyone to take. Speaking of, do you have any patents?

I'd also like to know this.
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

Are there any other kinds of regulation you would be subject to possibly?

The betting exchange will be available subject to local gambling regulations.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:53:56 AM

I'd also like to know this.

We have no plans for any patents at this time.

tmct_ftw

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:06:47 PM

“You're sitting down to a nice meal and your aunt, always one step ahead, mentions she wants to start investing in Bitcoin. You freeze, a drip of gravy plopping off the ladle. It's your time to shine. You got this." > How to talk about cryptocurrency at the holiday dinner table by John Biggs. Happy Thanksgiving from the Scorum crew!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: