Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 11931 times)
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:19:02 PM

What smart contracts will you guys be using?

That's a great question actually.
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:34:51 PM

Any tricks you have in mind to keep people engaged until the launch?
100eth

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:45:30 AM

thanks for the information. I want to ask when the bounty program will start?
John_Mct

Activity: 164

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:34:26 AM

We'll be releasing the details of our Steemit bounty campaign which has 1 million SP up for grabs very soon.

The affiliate referral program with 930K SCR available is open for registration through the website.

Redefining Sports Media on the Graphene Framework
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:39:46 AM

Can you disclose which countries you're leaning to at this point? I'd like to do some more research on my own.

For now all I can say is that the co-founders, along with our legal advisors, are narrowing down the list of options. When I know more I'll share that info here.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:06:07 AM

Great project, I hope I can join for token presale

The presale has already closed but registration for the whitelist is now open!

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:07:43 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 08:37:20 AM by John_Mct

So if you did raise the 17m like you plan on, how much of that would you spend on marketing?

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:10:39 AM

In terms of features possible in the future, there's a good chance we'll be integrating fantasy sports leagues into the platform once we have a large active user base. This will be commission-free as well and give users another way to utilize SCR tokens, not to mention have some fun!

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.

There are whispers of this happening much sooner than I thought initially! Stay tuned  Wink

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:45:19 AM

We won't be using smart contracts because we are building our own blockchain. Scorum's protocol is implemeneted by our native blockchain written with C++ on the graphene framework.

From the white paper:

The Graphene framework is used to develop the blockchain protocol for Scorum. This solution has already proved itself both reliable and highly capable in such successful blockchain projects as Bitshares, Steemit, and Golos. The Scorum blockchain uses the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus algorithm.

The key advantage of this algorithm is its high-traffic network capacity of up to 10 000 transactions per second. Such performance is made possible thanks to a combination of several factors:
1. The schedule for the nodes signing blocks is known ahead of time.
2. Effective transaction processing in each node.
3. All data necessary for validating transactions is stored in the memory.

Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:44:23 PM

So if you did raise the 17m like you plan on, how much of that would you spend on marketing?

Damn, you really expect it to cost $12m for development? How many years of development would that cover?
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:53:01 PM

Can you disclose which countries you're leaning to at this point? I'd like to do some more research on my own.

For now all I can say is that the co-founders, along with our legal advisors, are narrowing down the list of options. When I know more I'll share that info here.

Okay, I appreciate it.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

We won't be using smart contracts because we are building our own blockchain. Scorum's protocol is implemeneted by our native blockchain written with C++ on the graphene framework.

From the white paper:

The Graphene framework is used to develop the blockchain protocol for Scorum. This solution has already proved itself both reliable and highly capable in such successful blockchain projects as Bitshares, Steemit, and Golos. The Scorum blockchain uses the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus algorithm.

The key advantage of this algorithm is its high-traffic network capacity of up to 10 000 transactions per second. Such performance is made possible thanks to a combination of several factors:

10k transactions / second is considerably faster than even ETH isn't it?
Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

We'll be releasing the details of our Steemit bounty campaign which has 1 million SP up for grabs very soon.

The affiliate referral program with 930K SCR available is open for registration through the website.

Very exciting bounty program there. How about after the launch?
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:51:47 PM

From the white paper:

Oh yeah? I wasn't expecting this, you guys are just full of surprises.
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:15:26 AM

Damn, you really expect it to cost $12m for development? How many years of development would that cover?

We use "development" in the widest sense of the word. While we certainly don't plan to spend that much on the technical development of the platform, there are certain features that will cost quite a bit of money.

Getting licenses to offer HD live-streams of high-profile sporting events within the platform will not be cheap. Establishing partner programs with ticketing agencies and sports merchandisers will also require significant initial investment. Doing these things in just one country would be costly, but attempting it on a global scale is certainly going to be a long-term investment and process.

As more users join Scorum and the active audience grows, these costs should diminish as more established companies in the industry see Scorum as a platform they need to be a part of in order to keep pace with fans interests.

We project this amount to cover development for 3-4 years.

dnz gns

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:24:52 AM

I do not think it would be a very successful project. I hope the wrong investor wins but I do not invest.
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 02:24:25 PM

I do not think it would be a very successful project. I hope the wrong investor wins but I do not invest.

Thanks for your opinion and I wish you the best in your investments in other projects.

Zinylia (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:38:26 PM

Today’s #ScorumFact is about our reinvestment strategy: 50% of Scorum profits will be spent on R&D to help build up functionality and add more value to the Scorum platform and the Scorum Coin tokens. The other 50% belongs to our users to encourage their loyalty.

Edw1maitland

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:41:28 PM

Really liked your project! You are doing an incredible job and promotion too.
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

Really liked your project! You are doing an incredible job and promotion too.

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: