Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:37:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do if governments try to take away your bitcoin?  (Read 3621 times)
Luciddd (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:06:07 AM

Will you fight back, or take it in the ass?  Lips sealed

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

Will you fight back, or take it in the ass?  Lips sealed

I fight back -> They put me to jail (as they always do) -> I get it in the ass.

No matter what you do: You always get it in the ass Grin

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:03:50 AM

They don't have to pry over your dead hands, just get them out of your computer Sad
silvergoldandbitcoin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:27:43 AM

They don't have to pry over your dead hands, just get them out of your computer Sad

Cold storage baby!

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:29:54 AM

Depends on what government it was. If it was the Korean government, I'd laugh at them. If it was the US government, I'd take the opportunity to fight and resist in the courts all the way to the Supreme Court to see that bitcoin got as much attention as possible, before giving them a private key to a wallet with 0.001 BTC in it.

Frizz23

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:42:07 AM

Fixed that for you:

Depends on what government it was. If it was the Korean government, I'd laugh at them. If it was the US government, I'd go to Guantanamo Bay take the opportunity to fight and resist in the courts all the way to the Supreme Court to see that bitcoin got as much attention as possible, before giving them a private key to a wallet with 0.001 BTC in it.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:48:09 AM

Fixed that for you:

Depends on what government it was. If it was the Korean government, I'd laugh at them. If it was the US government, I'd go to Guantanamo Bay take the opportunity to fight and resist in the courts all the way to the Supreme Court to see that bitcoin got as much attention as possible, before giving them a private key to a wallet with 0.001 BTC in it.

You don't actually believe that do you?

Frizz23

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:49:03 AM

You don't actually believe in Prism, do you?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:52:52 AM

You don't actually believe in Prism, do you?
You didn't answer my question. You don't actually believe you'd go to Guantanamo Bay for refusing to give up your bitcoins to a cop, do you? If you want to fight the agendas, you need common sense and cool, not ignorant cultist garbage.

Frizz23

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:57:07 AM

... not ignorant cultist garbage.

Wake up! This is the country you live in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rdi_RNRpdk
The country of the bug fucking liar Obama.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:31:01 AM

... not ignorant cultist garbage.

Wake up! This is the country you live in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rdi_RNRpdk
The country of the bug fucking liar Obama.

I don't live in the US. Every president is a liar from day one, because they do not control the US or its policies, money does. We aren't talking about corruption, we're talking about common sense. No one in the history of the US has ever been sent to Guantanamo Bay for refusing to give the FEDs a password to a bitcoin wallet. When that changes, let me know so I can agree with you. Until then, it's extremist nonsense that makes the few remaining good people on our side not want to help you.

KSV

Activity: 398

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:53:29 AM

Depends on what government it was. If it was the Korean government, I'd laugh at them. If it was the US government, I'd take the opportunity to fight and resist in the courts all the way to the Supreme Court to see that bitcoin got as much attention as possible, before giving them a private key to a wallet with 0.001 BTC in it.

thats exactly how its done

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:35:56 AM

can all the sofa anarchists please stop it now.

fincen do not control the australian dollar, the yen, the euro, the pound, the rupee, etc etc. they only control the american dollar.

so get your head out of the sand.. fincen only want to regulate the FIAT which places like liberty reserve, bitstamp, mtgox, bitinstant, etc touch.. because its dollars and it involves bank accounts.

they cannot stop bitcoin nor do they want to.

so i personally say. let them control the bank accounts of FIAT to ensure teentrepreneurs (teenage amateur entrepreneurs) with no finance experience dont attempt to open exchanges without licences which ends up with them running off with other peoples FIAT cash.

and leave bitcoin to be free

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
coinedBit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:55:44 AM

exactly, it's completely decentralized - as long as you get access to your private keys, you can also spend the currency - and you can store your keys not just online or on digital media, so the "taking away" part is hard to implement - the primary weakness are going to be the exchanges, because they're acting as the interface and they are the "central" and non-anonymous part of the whole system, which is however essential to actually see a crypto-currency adopted.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:58:28 AM

exactly, it's completely decentralized - as long as you get access to your private keys, you can also spend the currency - and you can store your keys not just online or on digital media, so the "taking away" part is hard to implement - the primary weakness are going to be the exchanges, because they're acting as the interface and they are the "central" and non-anonymous part of the whole system, which is however essential to actually see a crypto-currency adopted.

(note: what i say next is not legal advice, just a tip)
stick to the under 1k FIAT per person per day rule and localbitcoins, bitcoin otc will have no issues as there no ID required and no regulation, as its classed as personal transactions not business transactions

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
coinedBit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:07:51 PM

localbitcoins et al are just meeting places, there's no longer any point in using and supporting them once you have a certain network of trusted peers who you can go to to exchange bitcoins at much better rates, without having to pay fees to a 3rd party. Also, they're acting as potential attack vectors for people interested in how much trading you are doing, just think about it: a government agency could definitely figure out who you are by going through the corresponding logs, unless you are only using tor and anonymous mobile phones, and only use cash to settle transactions.

Once you know 10-20 people who are able to exchange 1k-2k USD per day, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use them all, if you need to. Each of them will have a fraction of your capital.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:12:55 PM

I will laugh at them hysterically Cheesy
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:29:07 PM

nicolazza

Activity: 240

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:30:40 PM

Imagine a brain wallet.
Police officer: "where are your money? Give us your money please".

After 10 years.
Police officer: "well now we know that you have a passphrase to use your brain wallet. tell us the passphrase, please."
Me: "Oh sure"
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:21:32 PM

Imagine a brain wallet.
Police officer: "where are your money? Give us your money please".

After 10 years.
Police officer: "well now we know that you have a passphrase to use your brain wallet. tell us the passphrase, please."
Me: "Oh sure"

my brainwallet will be literally "i invoke my right to silence" with 0.001btc inside

so where they think i am saying i won't tell... im actually telling them.. their just not listening.

but thats all hyperthetical and a comedy moment for you armchair youtube anarchists. that think the world is out to get you at every turn.

in reality unless you personally are doing something illegal you have nothing to fear

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: