Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DEEPONION - My opinion!! Stay away  (Read 1255 times)
rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:48:38 AM

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on this project and how it manages its airdrops?

My opinion is that it's run like a pyramid scheme. Anyone new interested in this project I would suggest not to participate in the airdrop as you'll l get peanuts.

You will be asked to buy 100 onions and then given 7-8% on your total which is about 8 onions. A complete joke.

The Dev team are very secretive and all hijack the airdrops. Ever heard of the devs participating in airdrops?? Well here it's a first. No funds put aside for the devs. 

All my posts have been deleted because I asked about the Dev team etc.

There's no whitepaper and the coin is only on one exchange. Odd.

I was ready to invest some btc to this project thinking that I would get some incentives from the airdrops but I got indirectly told take it or lump it.

Some of the members do nothing but are rewarded 100x of coins.

Anyways my 2 cent. I would advise stay away because it's going to get dumped hard when the airdrops will finish.

I'm going to sell my small amount of deeponions and buy into projects like xtrabytes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

You're using their signature and posting things like this about them. Hm.

Well I don't participate yet in any of their airdrops. Let's wait for other's opinions lol
buy-it

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:27:35 AM

I definitely need to be more moderated on this please, because Im about joining as member in order to participate in their new Airdrop round recently started. Does this mean Deeponion is going under water or what? Apart from white paper issue, what are other suspicious hullabaloo? Thanks
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:39:39 AM

Things to avoid when participating in airdrop do not transfer first, though there is the lure of a coin can be multiplied
Many cases are naturally losing some coins, not a profit even a loss
my opinion when wanting to ask questions of their legality, ask with basic stages like the use of polite language to be trapped in our question and we know scams or not..
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 02:49:15 AM

You're using their signature and posting things like this about them. Hm.

Well I don't participate yet in any of their airdrops. Let's wait for other's opinions lol

Gone lol. I missed that but now removed.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:53:43 AM

The way they operate their air drop do seem suspicious but when shit hits the fan people still don't seem to learn.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:01:17 AM

I agree to you rafter_01 DEEPONION is scam,i try to download there wallet yesterday when i finish downloading the wallet,the wallet was prone of trojan virus that is accessing your wallet,and i decide not to continue to joined the project.
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:19:59 AM

I've been reading on the DEEPONION forum and 90% of them know the airdrop this week was a proper screw job. Ponzi setup.

If you've got any coins I'd dump them. They told people to spend 50-60 USD to buy ONIONS before you can qualify for the airdrop. In return you get 7-8 onions, WTF.

I have had their signature on my profile for over 3 weeks. Last week if I wasn't rejected I would have got a minimum of 500 onions but a week later I only get 8 onions. Does that even make sense? Why such a big difference.

I know members that own big amounts of onions obtained from the previous airdrops. They do very little for their community but get thousands of onions per week.

Stay away!!!!!!!
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:32:14 AM

There's been a lot of threads that have been written up to warn people about deeponion and to be honest, they are most likely right. All i knew about the project was that code was copied from bitcoin plus or something like that, and just changed everything from bitcoin plus to deeponion and did some modifications.

I never knew that you are awarded 8 coins for buying 100, though. If that is true then that is truly a ponzi scheme.

Plus there are already plenty of better anonymous coins out there. ZCash, monero, dash.

rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:43:45 AM

There's been a lot of threads that have been written up to warn people about deeponion and to be honest, they are most likely right. All i knew about the project was that code was copied from bitcoin plus or something like that, and just changed everything from bitcoin plus to deeponion and did some modifications.

I never knew that you are awarded 8 coins for buying 100, though. If that is true then that is truly a ponzi scheme.

Plus there are already plenty of better anonymous coins out there. ZCash, monero, dash.

No whitepaper because devs have no time for it. Eh, this could potentially increase your value by millions!!
Fanin98

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

Wow! This sounds like the biggest scam I have heard about in crypto. Serously. What the hell?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:26:19 PM

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't like DeepOnion shady airdrop policy too. I wonder to see this project in one-two years and to know if it really scam or not, but now I'm trying to stay away.

Pay4youractivity

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:37:15 PM

It's nice to see like-minded people. Personally, this project seems more like a sect than a pyramid, but in any case I would not take part in it.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

No worries. He is just mad that he didn't get in early. We changed our rules recently that helps us grow the community and get rid of dumpers or abusers. Just another Fudder that isn't happy.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:39:07 PM

Well, im glad i haven't invested time in that deeponion sht. Most specially investy money. I really love how my gut feeling always helps me make the right decisions. Lol.

But seriously though, i almost invested into this shtcoin because of all the good things people say about it. Good thing i hesitated a lot and just didn't bother to invest anymore.

By the way, thanks for sharing your experience, i hope a lot sees this and dumps their couns before they lose a value. I really feel bad for you and the others who believed in this coin.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

I read a lot into them and after seeing their air drop policy you mentioned, decided against joining. It seems shady and something I just can't become a part of. Glad others saw through it too.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:42:39 PM

Definitely shady. I mean because everything is premined, the developers are staking their premined coins right now as we speak before they are distributed out to the public. This is even more shady if you take into consideration that POS rewards go from 10% in the first year to 1% in the 3rd year or whatever.

Stay away from them.

The only reason why they're even surviving is because of their airdrops - they are essentially employing people to promote their project, creating artificial interest.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:50:57 PM

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on this project and how it manages its airdrops?

My opinion is that it's run like a pyramid scheme. Anyone new interested in this project I would suggest not to participate in the airdrop as you'll l get peanuts.

You will be asked to buy 100 onions and then given 7-8% on your total which is about 8 onions. A complete joke.

The Dev team are very secretive and all hijack the airdrops. Ever heard of the devs participating in airdrops?? Well here it's a first. No funds put aside for the devs.  

All my posts have been deleted because I asked about the Dev team etc.

There's no whitepaper and the coin is only on one exchange. Odd.

I was ready to invest some btc to this project thinking that I would get some incentives from the airdrops but I got indirectly told take it or lump it.

Some of the members do nothing but are rewarded 100x of coins.

Anyways my 2 cent. I would advise stay away because it's going to get dumped hard when the airdrops will finish.

I'm going to sell my small amount of deeponions and buy into projects like xtrabytes.

pyramid systems are natural they exist due to division of work, and through different magnitude of information, between individuals, and different responsibilities.
if you dont like being part of a pyramid then you better make your own.
if you dont know how to make one learn it.

deeponion is an empty mined IT system , but it has nice features, like the deepvault, i personally dont thing that the amount of token is important, it is more important what the idea behind it is about and how strong it is for others.

with c-pro i am trying to develop an infrastructure friendly alternative to bitcoin that is backed and secured in value with real world assets.
the idea is important and the common benefit.

regards

Pay4youractivity

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:38:40 AM

No worries. He is just mad that he didn't get in early. We changed our rules recently that helps us grow the community and get rid of dumpers or abusers. Just another Fudder that isn't happy.
Have a nice day!
Can you briefly explain what a useful product is produced by this project?

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:41:59 AM

Our community here on bitcointalk is quite honest and good that their claims are mostly true.
I don't think all airdrops are scammy pr pyramid schemes, but Deeponion is very popular yet it doesn't show any legitimacy. I am gonna stay away from it.
You can still profit from pyramid schemes but its gonna be too low.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███