Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal is the first digital currency...  (Read 597 times)
Bergiolia (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:27:14 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 05:56:21 PM by Bergiolia

I want to hear you guys why PayPal is not a digital currency and maybe Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto saw the benefits of Cryptocurrency after PayPal that's why he came up with the idea and create that simple idea into reality.

Let's talk about it...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
familypoints.io

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:35:15 PM

I suppose there is a huge difference between PayPal and cryptocurrency at first sight:
- centralized system of PayPal and decentralized system of cryptocurrencies
- blockchain based transactions and balances of wallets are public
- transaction via PayPal can be returned, not like for cryptocurrencies
wwh

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:50:27 PM

I suppose there is a huge difference between PayPal and cryptocurrency at first sight:
I would add "anonymity" to cryptocurrency but it is controversial argument. I have read somewhere about software which allows to track transactions and analyze it.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:57:52 PM

I have been using paypal for a long time now and I feel that it is nothing like crypto. Firstly, banks need to authorize all my transactions before processing them which shows how centralized this digital currency really is. Second point is that paypal provides a digital form of fiat currency and is not actually a digital currency itself. Third point here is that paypal transactions are not anonymous at all while crypto transactions are mostly anonymous in nature.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:15:37 PM

I would add "anonymity" to cryptocurrency but it is controversial argument. I have read somewhere about software which allows to track transactions and analyze it.
Bitcoin is not provide any anonymity ,how would you consider a public ledger to be anonymous ,it is transparent and every tokens send and received are available for everyone to see,paypal is a service aimed to send and receive money and not a currency . Tongue
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:18:51 PM

I want to hear you guys why PayPal is not a digital currency and maybe Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto saw the benefits of Cryptocurrency after PayPal that's why he came up with the idea and create that simple idea into reality.

Let's talk about it...
There is nothing to talk here,first understand what paypal is and what is a cryptocurrency. Satoshi Nakamoto introduced bitcoin when there a big recession going on in the financial field where billions of dollars went to dust and none of the economist had any idea on how to tackle the issue and that is when this brilliant genius introduced this revolutionary technology so the world will have a better monetary system,it has nothing to do with paypal. Grin
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:26:06 PM

Let's talk about it...
There is nothing to talk here,first understand what paypal is and what is a cryptocurrency. Satoshi Nakamoto introduced bitcoin when there a big recession going on in the financial field where billions of dollars went to dust and none of the economist had any idea on how to tackle the issue and that is when this brilliant genius introduced this revolutionary technology so the world will have a better monetary system,it has nothing to do with paypal. Grin

Perfectly said, Paypal is the cash wallet, which is used to pay to merchants for trading. Its fees and procedures are very high. The transaction are reversible so their are lot of scam running through paypal. But Bitcoin low transaction charges and very easy to use it. Transactions are non reversible once send. Apart from that you dont have to disclose your identity to use bitcoins.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:32:00 PM

Let's talk about it...
Nope, Because the crypto is not popular at the early time of paypal already built by the owners. If you are seeing the latest news of paypal owners already said about the crypto will be popular in the future.
The paypal service still not see the benefit by using the crypto.
lakimens

Activity: 392

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:37:02 PM

Paypal is not a currency, it's just a payment processor. Nothing to do with currencies. They take the money you have, and send them safely to where you want to send them.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:40:49 PM

Let's talk about it...
Interesting question. But here too, the question arises, why Paypal will be a digital currency, they are also a mega company

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:11:09 PM

It's not that controversial tbh, for instance, with Bitcoin there are many ways to track transactions to an especific IP, although difficult, it can be done. But there are also cryptos that offer way better anonymity, but i don't wanna go into that.

To answer OP's question: Paypal isn't a digital currency, it is an 'online payment system' where you can make financial transactions using fiat currency, it is also a centralized system.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Skyborn

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:21:25 PM

Why do you assume PayPal was is a cryptocurrency in the first place? Nobody said it was so there's genuinely no point in disproving it. PayPal is probably as centralized as it gets so in that sense it really doesn't have anything to do with cryptocurrency. Satoshi probably was aware of the existence of PayPal but we'll probably never know if they took inspiration from PayPal or not. But I feel like bitcoin is a lot broader than PayPal so I think it's unjust to (partially) credit PayPal with the existence of bitcoin.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:37:51 PM

Well, i have been using their services for quite some time now. And i can really say that they are way too far from a crypto currency. Plus their rules suck. When you are the one selling and the customer decides to give negative feed back or say that something is wrong with an item even when there isn't when you packed it, they will get their money back. Amd that is just b'sht. I freaking hate PayPal. In definitely moving to utrust. Kind of same to how paypal works but is so much better.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:47:18 PM

Paypal is not a currency,it is a cryptocurrency.

Currency is a generally form of money,including coins and paper notes,which is issued by the government circulated within an economy.Paypal is an online payment service that allows individuals and business to transfer funds electronically.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:18:36 PM

Let's talk about it...
It's pretty simple to see that the whole Paypal company will not have a cryptocurrency that will compete with Bitcoin. It is also simple to see that Paypal is not a digital currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
NeoTech42

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:29:56 PM

Paypal is only a mean of payment and is banned in some countries like in Turkey for example. Initially, Paypal has been creating for merchants to accept easily credit/debit cards.
keung0109

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

Paypal is definitely not a digital currency. They're like an online bank with stupid transaction fees lol.

The whole point of digital currency is the decentralized aspect of it. Centralized systems like banks and paypal are all delayed, tagged with fees, and subject to regulation/reviews, and have limits.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:32 PM

PayPal is a fairly standard fiat to fiat payment gateway, it has no blockchain, no tokens and instead relies on a linked bank account, so all in all it's nothing like a digital currency by simple definition.
sivasriram

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:52:25 PM

Paypal and cryptocurrency are same concepts but with different approach . The best part of crypto is decentralized where as paypal belongs to only few guys, in crypto a coin belongs to large number of people from all over the world.
imtav

Activity: 79

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:55:03 PM

Bitcoin is not gonna come along and freeze your funds, or return the money to a person that claimed you never shipped something.  Bitcoin doesn't have a hand in your pocket, or on your nuts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: