Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45345 times)
start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 06:48:19 AM

IOTA abstract painting

Original and unique,limited abstract paintings
Artwork with certificate

...get it and hang it in  your office...HOT STUFF!
Price 400 usd

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:29:44 PM

NextDrive Lianqi Technology, a Taiwan-based energy IoT innovateon team , recently announced that it has partnered with the decentralized ledger technology startup BiiLabs to invest in energy blockchain applications, aiming to create Asia's first “ instant green energy trading platform” . NextDrive has made great achievements in the energy field in recent years. It relies on the independently developed world's smallest Internet of Things gateway, Cube, to help users save energy and successfully enter the Japanese power market, and has obtained orders from many well-known power plants including Central Power.

"Users understand electricity" is only the first step. The real goal is to let real-time green energy trade and move into your daily life." NextDrive Lianqi Technology CEO Yan Zheyuan said firmly. Unlike most of the block chain applications, NextDrive the cooperation with BiiLabs, adopt a Tangle is the underlying architecture of the IOTA , to create a " block chain + Things" virtual energy trading platform, to lead a new shared economic and ecological.
IOTA has recently partnered with many international companies such as Bosch, Fujitsu and Foss Motors for its recently high-profile blockchain technology solutions. Recently, the IOTA Foundation also signed a memorandum of cooperation with the Taipei City Government Smart City Office. Zhu Yizhen, co-founder of BiiLabs, said, “The special thing is that it solves the major drawbacks of the past blockchain wasting energy, slow transactions and the scale of application cannot be effectively expanded .”

NextDrive saw the “ e-commerce opportunity” in Japan’s annual output value As well as the increasing demand for energy trading after the liberalization of electricity, the plan is to create an energy trading platform based on the IOTA blockchain to solve the dilemma of past information asymmetry in energy trading, complex contracts, and low transaction efficiency.

The electricity sales operators, solar power generators and general households who join the platform will be able to conduct real-time trading of electricity through mobile phones on the information-transparent energy exchanges, without having to improve the information closure problem as in the past individual inquiry. The decentralized book transaction can not be tampered with, it will effectively protect the rights of buyers and sellers, but also eliminate the complicated contract signing and time-consuming manual review process. More importantly, IOTA can solve the problem that the past blockchain is difficult to handle. And the drawbacks of frequent trading.

NextDrive Linked to the energy blockchain platform to create a new sharing economy
of “IOTA+Internet of Things” to make the flow of electricity more efficient, and the long-established Taiwanese new venture NextDrive Technology in the energy field decided Introducing IoT technology into the IOTA decentralized book with universal usability, and using energy as the first breakthrough, intends to bring energy transactions to your daily life.

NextDrive has been in the Japanese energy market for many years, and the main product Cube (IoT Gateway) is widely acclaimed in Japan. It can be connected with smart meters to analyze the power consumption status of homes and the power generation efficiency of solar power generation. Understand the "value of electricity."

In Japan after the liberalization of electricity, private power trading is commonplace. Especially under the promotion of the government's decentralized power grid, buying and selling electricity has gradually evolved into a model similar to general commodity trading. However, under the existing mechanism, because there is no unified energy trading platform, the buyers and sellers still have difficulties such as information asymmetry, complicated contracts and low transaction efficiency.

By combining IOTA and the Internet of Things, NextDrive is expected to build a blockchain-based energy trading platform to solve the innate difficulties of past energy trading and solve the problem of the past “small transactions".

When the small transaction problem is solved, it means that the Internet of Things application can be actually popularized in the blockchain. As NextDrive plans to build an energy trading platform, I believe that in the near future, more and more related services will come to the fore, and this means that blockchain applications are beginning to slowly enter everyone's life.
The new decentralized book IOTA

IOTA without miners and no energy waste is based on the new decentralized bookkeeping technology Tangle. Unlike Bitcoin and Ethereum's blockchain mechanism, it uses “Block”. The “Chain” decentralized autonomous operation network adopts a user verification mechanism, so the commission of the miner verification can be saved, and the blockchain data is not tamper-evident.

In addition to the need for miners, another advantage of the Tangle architecture is "more immediate trading." Currently, Bitcoin can only complete 3-5 transactions per second, while IOTA can complete more than 30 transactions per second. The user verification mechanism, so the transaction speed will grow positively as the user increases. Faster trading will help to apply in the field of small transactions. After all, if you just buy a cup of coffee, most people don't want to spend time waiting for verification.

Through BiiLabs' technology, it can effectively assist more applications to quickly and easily take advantage of the blockchain without having to build a complete set of technologies and teams from scratch.
IOTA's instant, suitable for small transactions also brings more possibilities to smart cities. The Taipei City Government signed a memorandum of cooperation with the IOTA Foundation at the beginning of this year, and plans to introduce IOTA into the “Digital Citizen Card” as a citizen identification, electronic voting and more Internet of Things applications.

Original (not translated): https://www.nextdrive.io/tw/journal_detail.php?id=126&utm_source=%E5%AE%A2%E6%88%B6%E9%9B%BB%E5%AD%90%E5%A0%B1&utm_campaign=6db83cd9f4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_07_03_06_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_71749fdef1-6db83cd9f4-161973013

TLDR: Taiwan's new generation NextDrive Lianqi Technology and BiiLabs using IOTA to create Asia's first "real-time green energy trading platform"

Sorry that the translation is word salad in places, but it's what i could find.

Griffin10

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

I sold my Iota a few months back
Griffin10

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:44:24 PM

Kind of wish i didn't sell them though
martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

IOTA abstract painting

Original and unique,limited abstract paintings
Artwork with certificate

...get it and hang it in  your office...HOT STUFF!
Price 400 usd

I don't understand what's the point with iota. Sorry
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:38:07 PM

Qubic update with preliminary roadmap: https://blog.iota.org/qubic-status-update-july-3rd-2018-e176ee132b79

DimaGoGroup

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:48:45 PM

IOTA is a quite promising project, and I think it's a good Idea to invest in it now, while the price is down on 1.15$. Till the end of the year, it can easily go back to 2$.
nysefloortrader

Activity: 322

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 11:38:45 PM

IOTA is a quite promising project, and I think it's a good Idea to invest in it now, while the price is down on 1.15$. Till the end of the year, it can easily go back to 2$.

2$ you say.

well ok, but if we get another run up on BTC end of year, which is on the cards, IOTA could be well over $8 i would say.

Not to mention the institutes already interested, and waiting for regulation in 2019, we could see IOTA in the coming years at $50....and im talking EASY!!

many people are underestimating what this is, i talked to a professor today that was saying ETH is in the coming years, will FAIL, and if it failed, it would just be added to the IOTA network, and reframed.

If that happen, hoooo...leeeee......chhhhhiiiii.....

I know it might take yes, but iota at $40-$50 is going to make some people rich and others happy.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:43:07 PM

2$ you say.

well ok, but if we get another run up on BTC end of year, which is on the cards, IOTA could be well over $8 i would say.

Not to mention the institutes already interested, and waiting for regulation in 2019, we could see IOTA in the coming years at $50....and im talking EASY!!

many people are underestimating what this is, i talked to a professor today that was saying ETH is in the coming years, will FAIL, and if it failed, it would just be added to the IOTA network, and reframed.

If that happen, hoooo...leeeee......chhhhhiiiii.....

I know it might take yes, but iota at $40-$50 is going to make some people rich and others happy.

It's funny because CFB created the POS Ethreum plans to implement to solve some of its issues, maybe they can borrow ABRA and fix their language functionality too--though Qubic will have a long lead by the time that happens.

nysefloortrader

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:48:02 PM

It's funny because CFB created the POS Ethreum plans to implement to solve some of its issues, maybe they can borrow ABRA and fix their language functionality too--though Qubic will have a long lead by the time that happens.

I did read the update you posted, IOTA upgraded to SKYNET.... oh no!! hahah.

It is a reason why i think, ETHEREUM is going to come and go, and I decreased holding. I am sure it will do well, but eventually scaling is going to see it fail, and FAIL badly. As I said, ethereum is not BAD, its just got all these issues coming, while IOTA, already has the backbone ready.....and will be huge.

When i tested it and watched the transactions the more people using IOTA the faster it goes, ETH cannot say the same,

While I like and use ABRA, you are right, Qubic, it will be amazing, from what i see, and its not even really been born.

I also had a dream the other night, about a blocked in city powered by the blockchain, people had everything they needed, never had to go outside city, most pepole were rich, and there was machines paying machines, and people with robots, and using something better than crypto. But it was still crypto related.

I still think devices on the outside world will be connected with the internet, we dont really see this right now, and IOTA is going to make this very possible.

I love the fact people are still skeptical, and calling it a scam, it makes prices cheaper so I can load up the boat. I am heavily invested, and sure, while people read my comments, they may think im bullish short term, not the case of the matter is that this is years and years away and has not really been born yet, but I agree mate, Qubic is going to be to the likes none of us have ever seen, and lookign at investing in that outright too.

nysefloortrader

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:51:53 PM

i could post here I think in the coming years, IOTA is going to $100

but in reality if you look at what its going to do and teh capability $100 dollars is being unrealistic, years from now we could see this going to more like $1000

some may laugh, but many people are not seeing the possibility of this.

I am not psychic, so I will leave the exact levels for the analysts out there, but once blockchain grows up there will be room for this to explode....

the thing is no one really sees what I see, because blockchain, lets face it, is hardly a baby out of the womb right now, and real world cases are minimal at best.

I do really think years from now there will be stories about people buying IOTA at 1$ and making millions of dollars!!

and the price today is just over $1

good luck to all.

nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:43:57 AM

IOTA (MIOTA) is the first open-source distributed ledger of the Internet of Things and it's been one of the reason why this digital currency has catapulted its market capitalization putting it on the top list of digital currencies already. It's a good digital currency investment too since its market price is still cheap at 1.xx$ and hold it for a couple of years because i am sure and do believe too that IOTA is indeed the next big thing.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Asgod

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:38:10 AM

Iota and Monero are the more strongers alts atm.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

19 year old creating a Qubic of his own (git should be up on Sunday): https://medium.com/@micro_hash/qubic-lite-explained-an-introduction-to-relative-consensus-and-iam-streams-523a780f7784

CptThomas13

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:07:16 AM

IOTA is building a long-term development plan and I am confident its management team will have a way to develop its coin. IOTA has a huge community of supporters so I believe that if I build trust from investors, IOTA will grow in the long term.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

This IOTA seems so promising to think that it's initially listed on big exchanges, Well i am talking about really Huge exchanges which stays on the top off all which is Bitfinex and Binance. It's roadmap is very surprising, The smart contract thing is which i think the really good factor that it has. To think more companies are really keeping an eye on it such has mircrosoft corporation. I hope those partnerships will materialize, this will be a huge breakthrough for IOTA i think.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
consideritdone

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:04:01 AM

What news iota must announce to increase 100x?
Now trading at $1 https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/iota/usd
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 02:44:16 PM

https://blog.iota.org/green-light-from-the-eu-commission-for-iota-and-the-european-smart-city-consortium-cityxchange-f7928aef33ac

On 6 July 2018, the +CityxChange proposal was formally invited by the European Commission to become a new smart city lighthouse project, under the “Smart Cities and Communities” call of the EU research and innovation programme Horizon 2020. The proposal was given excellent comments and scores by the experts, and rated among the very best among the eleven competing proposals.

For the next five years, the cities of Trondheim, Limerick, Alba Iulia, Pisek, Sestao, Smolyan and Voru will experiment on how to become smart positive energy cities, that use digital services to improve quality of life for and together with all of their citizens, generate more energy than they consume, and exchange experiences with cities across Europe to learn faster, together.

Under the leadership of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), these seven cities will develop and test new solutions together with an impressive list of 11 large entreprises, 9 SMEs, 3 non-for-profit organisations and 2 universities, covering the entire value chain: IES R&D, Powel AS, University of Limerick, Energy Agency of Plovdiv, Future Analytics Consulting, Research2Market Solutions, ISOCARP, TrønderEnergi Kraft AS, ABB Norway, ATB, AVIS Budget Group, Statkraft Varme AS, ESB Innovation RoI Ltd, ESB Networks, Ove Arup & Partners SAU, FourC AS, R.Kjeldsberg, Smart MPower, Space Engagers, Colaborativa, Officinae Verdi, IOTA Foundation, NHP Eiendom, and GKinetic Energy Ltd.

Official Site: http://cityxchange.eu/

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:18:15 PM

Yes IOTA was a intriguing technology and still is but now there are more competition in the IOT market like IOST, Internet of chain and CPChain which say to have some great technology.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
moofie

Activity: 66
Merit: 50

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:28:28 AM

https://blog.iota.org/green-light-from-the-eu-commission-for-iota-and-the-european-smart-city-consortium-cityxchange-f7928aef33ac

On 6 July 2018, the +CityxChange proposal was formally invited by the European Commission to become a new smart city lighthouse project, under the “Smart Cities and Communities” call of the EU research and innovation programme Horizon 2020. The proposal was given excellent comments and scores by the experts, and rated among the very best among the eleven competing proposals.

For the next five years, the cities of Trondheim, Limerick, Alba Iulia, Pisek, Sestao, Smolyan and Voru will experiment on how to become smart positive energy cities, that use digital services to improve quality of life for and together with all of their citizens, generate more energy than they consume, and exchange experiences with cities across Europe to learn faster, together.

Under the leadership of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), these seven cities will develop and test new solutions together with an impressive list of 11 large entreprises, 9 SMEs, 3 non-for-profit organisations and 2 universities, covering the entire value chain: IES R&D, Powel AS, University of Limerick, Energy Agency of Plovdiv, Future Analytics Consulting, Research2Market Solutions, ISOCARP, TrønderEnergi Kraft AS, ABB Norway, ATB, AVIS Budget Group, Statkraft Varme AS, ESB Innovation RoI Ltd, ESB Networks, Ove Arup & Partners SAU, FourC AS, R.Kjeldsberg, Smart MPower, Space Engagers, Colaborativa, Officinae Verdi, IOTA Foundation, NHP Eiendom, and GKinetic Energy Ltd.

Official Site: http://cityxchange.eu/

This project will be very good for IOTA to explore new real use case and it will be one step closer to adoption. It's awesome!
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: